Twitter: Blake Jarwin to IR

Mr_437

Reaction score
They activated Francis Bernard in Jarwin's place. So, any updates on Gallup, McKeon or Hill?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Including you.

You’re so full of BS! I challenge you to find that post. :laugh:I was never on board with Jarwin from day one. He was never consistent and wasn’t a chain mover like Witten.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Gallup officially missed half the season. Not the first time this has happened on his rookie contract. Definitely not a 15M/year market value receiver. He'll get a Juju Smith Schuster like contract

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
McKeon getting called up.. should be able to run better with Shultz n McKeon blocking.

McKeon can show us if Jarwin is expendable next year. Was doing some good things in the preseason, so hope he can pick it up from there.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys activated both TE Sean McKeon and LB Francis Bernard off IR this week; and signed DT Justin Hamilton off the practice squad today as well. With these moves plus Jarwin going to IR, they still have one open spot on the 53 man roster.

Gallup is expected to play against Atlanta next week (I read elsewhere). So there's a spot for him already; though Dallas will still have to make room in the coming weeks for Gallimore and Lawrence and also for when guys like Jarwin and Hill come back.

CWR

Reaction score
Me either. I like Dalton. Too. I do think he benefits greatly from being the 5th or 6th option on the offense.

But all things considered I would rather him over Jarwin. It Would be nice to swap Jarwins cap hit for Dalton.

If Dalton wants a massive deal. Then bye bye. Lol

Schultz is nothing flashy but he does have that uncanny ability to find soft spots in the defense and make the catch. He's a nice extra weapon to have.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The Cowboys activated both TE Sean McKeon and LB Francis Bernard off IR this week; and signed DT Justin Hamilton off the practice squad today as well. With these moves plus Jarwin going to IR, they still have one open spot on the 53 man roster.

Gallup is expected to play against Atlanta next week (I read elsewhere). So there's a spot for him already; though Dallas will still have to make room in the coming weeks for Gallimore and Lawrence and also for when guys like Jarwin and Hill come back.

Bernard makes sense, especially from a special teams standpoint, with Cox going on IR. He should see about the same number of snaps on defense that Cox was, which is virtually none. Hamilton, who has been one of our callups from the PS this season, definitely deserved to be signed to the roster after his play against the Vikings ... esp. since he was out of callups.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Schultz is nothing flashy but he does have that uncanny ability to find soft spots in the defense and make the catch. He's a nice extra weapon to have.

I wouldn't be surprised if he spent a lot of time studying Witten. They are very similar players stylewise. Not saying Schultz could be as good as Witten was in his heyday, but he offers a similar type target.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he spent a lot of time studying Witten. They are very similar players stylewise. Not saying Schultz could be as good as Witten was in his heyday, but he offers a similar type target.

Agreed, Witten actually looked fast-ish in some of his old film. Schultz was drafted at about the same speed as 7 years in for Witten, but he has some of that get loose underneath and rumble 20 yards appeal. Like I said he's not flashy, but he had a knack for his purpose and he's a pretty solid all around player. I hope we can retain him and part ways with the often injured, completely unable to block Jarwin.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed, Witten actually looked fast-ish in some of his old film. Schultz was drafted at about the same speed as 7 years in for Witten, but he has some of that get loose underneath and rumble 20 yards appeal. Like I said he's not flashy, but he had a knack for his purpose and he's a pretty solid all around player. I hope we can retain him and part ways with the often injured, completely unable to block Jarwin.
Fattish? Lol....maybe it was the rib protector he wore because he had suffered from fractured ribs.....no respect!