Twitter: Blake Jarwin to IR

Verdict

Reaction score

I am sure Jarwin was hurt, but this smells more like roster juggling, which is fine by me. It’s time we started being strategic after all these years of playing with one hand tied behind our back.

Flamma

Reaction score
Blake Jarwin's days are numbered. Expect him to become a post June 1st cut to save money to resign Schultz. Also, team has 3 other backup TEs who have improved and can be kept for cheap.

Why would he be a post June 1st cut? Team only get 2 of them, why would you use one on a guy that's only going to be a 2 million dollar dead cap?

Flamma

Reaction score
What’s his contract like. Are we able to cut Blake in the off season and use some savings to resign Dalton?

Yes, he can be cut. Dallas would save a slightly over 4 Mil. I don't mind if they want to resign Shultz. Just as long as he doesn't want much more than Jarwin. Shultz success is a direct result of his surroundings. Little attention is being given to him due to the rest of our offense. If he wants too much, let him walk, keep Jarwin.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why would he be a post June 1st cut? Team only get 2 of them, why would you use one on a guy that's only going to be a 2 million dollar dead cap?
You asked me why should Jarwin be cut this offseason, yet in your next post, you said to another poster that cutting Jarwin would save the team $4.1 million. You pretty much answered your own question to me.

Flamma

Reaction score
You asked me why should Jarwin be cut this offseason, yet in your next post, you said to another poster that cutting Jarwin would save the team $4.1 million. You pretty much answered your own question to me.

I didn't ask you why Jarwin should be cut. I asked why should he be a post June 1st cut since his dead cap is only 2 million.

Flamma

Reaction score
Is there a difference timewise?

You get to spread the dead cap over two years with the June cut. Teams are allowed to do that with 2 players, so you try to reserve that for particularly large dead cap hits. But if your only point was to save money by cutting Jarwin, they're still going to have to pay Shultz. Which will probably eat up that savings or more.

We know one or the other probably won't be here next year. I say just keep the cheaper one. Whoever that may be.

kskboys

Reaction score
Shocker. Which toenail did he sprain this time?

Is Jarwin related to The Unicorn?

kskboys

Reaction score
You get to spread the dead cap over two years with the June cut. Teams are allowed to do that with 2 players, so you try to reserve that for particularly large dead cap hits. But if your only point was to save money by cutting Jarwin, they're still going to have to pay Shultz. Which will probably eat up that savings or more.

We know one or the other probably won't be here next year. I say just keep the cheaper one. Whoever that may be.
Why keep Jarwin? He can't stay healthy and isn't consistently productive. He's a gadget player.

Aven8

Reaction score
This dude is making a nice living in the tub

RonWashington

Reaction score
McKeon getting called up.. should be able to run better with Shultz n McKeon blocking.

I liked McKeon and Eubanks in the preseason . Have to keep Schultz next yr with Mckeon as a nice viable alternative during games. Anyone know where Eubanks ended up , I think he can start in some cities.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why keep Jarwin? He can't stay healthy and isn't consistently productive. He's a gadget player.

Yeah his health is an issue. But we don't know what Sgt. Shultz is asking for. If he's asking for a lot more than Jarwin, I think he'll be out. Jarwin is fine if he can stay healthy.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
All of these tes are mediocre at best. It's easy to catch balls when you're not drawing much coverage. Just gotta keep drafting. Personally I would have snatched a TE in Fa. Preferably one with a Vertical jump for the red zone

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah his health is an issue. But we don't know what Sgt. Shultz is asking for. If he's asking for a lot more than Jarwin, I think he'll be out. Jarwin is fine if he can stay healthy.
He's not. He's strictly a deep threat and we need a chain mover at TE.

John813

Reaction score
Is there a difference timewise?

Yes. Standard cut the Cowboys receive the cap savings immediately. 4.25mil to re-sign guys in March. The dead cap is accelerated signing bonus which is only 2mil left. So cap hit of 6.25mil -2 mil dead(2022+2023 SB) = 4.25 instant cap space

Post June 1st cut the team doesn't get the cap savings till... June 1st. Which would be 5.25mil in 2022 but a dead cap of 1mil in 2023.
6.25mil - 1mil dead(2022)=5.25 on 6/1

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Good riddance as he is yet another player given a contract extension in error by JJ. He will be gone next season and the $4.25M saved ($6.25M cap hit vs. $2M dead money) will be better served towards re-signing Schultz and seeing if Dallas can get something in a trade for Jarwin (a bag of balls might be too much).