Twitter: Blake Jarwin's not expected to be available for the start of the 2022 season

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys and horrible contracts.
It wasn't that "horrible", yes it didn't work out cause of injuries but it was only an average of 5 million a year.

Wanna see a horrible contract - watch if they sign Schultz for 4 years at 12 million a year...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It wasn't that "horrible", yes it didn't work out cause of injuries but it was only an average of 5 million a year.

Wanna see a horrible contract - watch if they sign Schultz for 4 years at 12 million a year...
I'm basing it off the production we've got from Jarwin since he signed the contract.

1 million a year for Jarwin would have been a bad contract at this point.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm basing it off the production we've got from Jarwin since he signed the contract.

1 million a year for Jarwin would have been a bad contract at this point.

You do know most players' production goes down AFTER they sign their so-called money/2nd contract? QB is probably the only exception coz so many stats are attached to their position including games won/loss. But at DE, sacks generally go down, interceptions with CBs, even RBs and WRs. You look and see for yourself as I did a couple of years ago.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You do know most players' production goes down AFTER they sign their so-called money/2nd contract? QB is probably the only exception coz so many stats are attached to their position including games won/loss. But at DE, sacks generally go down, interceptions with CBs, even RBs and WRs. You look and see for yourself as I did a couple of years ago.
I get it.

It's still a bad contract no matter how you slice it. Paying Jarwin anything is a waste because he's never on the field. It's not that his numbers dropped. It's that he is always hurt,

fivetwos

Reaction score
General sentiment.....

No....we can't lose Cooper, we will be worse...

No....we can't lose Schultz, who will catch those check downs?

No....we can't lose DLaw. Defense isn't great as it is.

No....we can't mortgage the future. That's dumb.

No....we can't lose Wilson because Fehoko stinks.

Yes...cut Zeke no matter the cap hit.

So what's your plan to comply with the salary cap?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All this talk about cutting Cooper and letting Schultz walk meanwhile this often injured disappointment is the one who should be cut asap.

the_h0wey

Reaction score

That contract looks worse by the day. I guess you can't predict injuries, but man, that's tough. It'll be even tougher when Dalton walks out the door cuz we can't afford him.

I read we've interviewed 2 tight end's at the combine, wouldn't be surprised to see 1 mid round pick and 1 late round pick at the position.

what else is new?