Twitter: Blake Jarwin's not expected to be available for the start of the 2022 season

quickccc

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ip-surgery-outlook-for-next-season-uncertain/

it took Lael Collins an entire year per surgery and offseason rehab,.. but he's not playing a position that is counted so much on running up and down the field.
And from a guy that has been so egg-fragile and soft, what's the prospect of him staying the path of the healthy and tough ?

Cut the loss, and the cap hit. and move on ..... .....:(

cowboyec

Reaction score
jalen wydermeyer...texas a&m
jeremy rucker...ohio st
cole turner...nevada
grant calcaterra...smu

just gimmie 1'of m.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just had almost a year to heal and now this.Is this a case of I got paid , now my hangnail is acting up?

Don't know why some fans assume this. No player wants to undergo surgery or be sidelined by injury. We act like surgery is some kind of just common thing, not risky procedures that take a lot of rehab work afterward.

Jarwin hasn't lived up to his contract and the reality of the game is that teams have to move on when players don't play up to their level of pay, but it's not a situation where the player is at fault for his body failing him.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Don't know why some fans assume this. No player wants to undergo surgery or be sidelined by injury. We act like surgery is some kind of just common thing, not risky procedures that take a lot of rehab work afterward.

Jarwin hasn't lived up to his contract and the reality of the game is that teams have to move on when players don't play up to their level of pay, but it's not a situation where the player is at fault for his body failing him.
I would certainly hope not.But, not like it has never happened before.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
jalen wydermeyer...texas a&m
jeremy rucker...ohio st
cole turner...nevada
grant calcaterra...smu

just gimmie 1'of m.

I was counting on Jarwin and rookie drafted in the first three rounds replacing Schultz. I don't think we can just count on a rookie unless we draft one in the first round. Looks like we'll need to either pay Schultz or bring in a cheap vet as well as draft a TE fairly high.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
What do we
I was counting on Jarwin and rookie drafted in the first three rounds replacing Schultz. I don't think we can just count on a rookie unless we draft one in the first round. Looks like we'll need to either pay Schultz or bring in a cheap vet as well as draft a TE fairly high.
Sean McKeon is going to have to step up.Every QB needs that 6-10 yd safety valve over the middle.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Look not every TE is Jason Witten. But we did get him in the 3rd round and he start as a rookie and we know the rest.

I'm good with both our TE's hitting it and we go into the draft and find a solid vet in FA.

Reactions: CWR

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would certainly hope not.But, not like it has never happened before.
His pay (salary/roster bonus) isn't fully guaranteed, so why would he intentionally risk that and hurt his chances to get a decent next contract?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The injury & long recovery timeline could make it likelier that the Cowboys tag or re-sign Schultz as well. Both him & Jarwin are china dolls. Draft a young powerhouse.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

That contract looks worse by the day. I guess you can't predict injuries, but man, that's tough. It'll be even tougher when Dalton walks out the door cuz we can't afford him.

I read we've interviewed 2 tight end's at the combine, wouldn't be surprised to see 1 mid round pick and 1 late round pick at the position.

cut him and we save 6.5M on the cap (dead cap of 1M). then add a few more and resign Schultz and draft a mid round TE.

why should 7.5M of cap space be allocated to a guy that may not be available by season start. hasn't really had a good year and has only shown small flashes in couple of games against giants.

lets move on from the mistake.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We are going into TE rich draft.

We can find a starter there, McKeon #2 and find a pure blocker anywhere.

Settled.

If they give Schultz big money I'll freak. Bad move.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sign Gronk for 1 yr. 10 million dollar contract if at all possible and hope McKeon progresses.
no way in heck Gronk signs here. he has money. he has a career outside of football. he is an entrapeneur. and he wants more rings. not to be a stop gap for the next TE.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Franchise tag is about $11 million for TEs. I would pass.
I think we can give him a 4 year contract with average of about 12M, and 30M gauranteed, which we can get out of after 3 years. we can make the first year cap hit, around 6-7M, which is about the cap hit for Jarwin for 2022.

then also draft a TE. mid round. we