Twitter: Blake Jarwin's not expected to be available for the start of the 2022 season

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think we can give him a 4 year contract with average of about 12M, and 30M gauranteed, which we can get out of after 3 years. we can make the first year cap hit, around 6-7M, which is about the cap hit for Jarwin for 2022.

then also draft a TE. mid round. we
Don’t want to pay that for someone who can’t block.It’s not like it’s Antonio Gates or Waller.

J12B

Reaction score
Just release him and get that $4 million in cap space.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What does Schultz do exceptionally well that warrants a big pay day when money is tight?

Accumulate catch stats? Would someone else drop those?

I'll remind everyone this isn't a PPR league.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It may not be popular here, but I could see them signing Rudolph or Hunter Henry, and also going TE in round 2.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

That contract looks worse by the day. I guess you can't predict injuries, but man, that's tough. It'll be even tougher when Dalton walks out the door cuz we can't afford him.

I read we've interviewed 2 tight end's at the combine, wouldn't be surprised to see 1 mid round pick and 1 late round pick at the position.

Sorry for the player and the team ... a real lose/lose situation..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Don’t want to pay that for someone who can’t block.It’s not like it’s Antonio Gates or Waller.
its the going rate for TEs. that would put him in top 10 for sure and from a recieving perspective he defintley is. Kittle, Kelce, Goedert, Andrews are all in the 14M average.

so that would put him about the right area for TE like him.

Cmac

Reaction score
I've seen enough of both Jarwin and Schultz and there doesn't seem to be much ceiling there to warrant their contracts or the contracts they are on pace to receive in Schultz's case.
rocyaice.....this does change things favorably for Schultz and his agent......across the table. Doesn't mean the Brinks truck is coming, but an extra suitcase or two.......due to Schultz value now. We'll see.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
rocyaice.....this does change things favorably for Schultz and his agent......across the table. Doesn't mean the Brinks truck is coming, but an extra suitcase or two.......due to Schultz value now. We'll see.
OH for sure. I think Cowboys like the idea of a 4th round pick hitting and re-signing him. I'd rather get a comp pick for him. To me Schultz is like Jason Witten without his blocking. He doesn't make anyone miss and he doesn't really do much once he gets the football in his hands. Which aye if the guy is blocking at a high rate I can live with that. I think we can do better at the position and cheaper.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
OH for sure. I think Cowboys like the idea of a 4th round pick hitting and re-signing him. I'd rather get a comp pick for him. To me Schultz is like Jason Witten without his blocking. He doesn't make anyone miss and he doesn't really do much once he gets the football in his hands. Which aye if the guy is blocking at a high rate I can live with that. I think we can do better at the position and cheaper.
Hammer meet nail.

Cmac

Reaction score
Agree.....Schultz will never be mistaken to be a blocking TE, just like Jarwin shouldn't be. Schultz a "comfort zone".......but another TE needs to be on this squad that can run block too.

plasticman

Reaction score
Beginning around the late 70's, most successful quarterbacks had that special TE that got them out of trouble on 3rd downs and prevented sacks while extending drives.

Aikman had Novacek, Elway had Sharpe, Fouts had Winslow, Plunket had Christiansen, Simms had Bavaro, etc.

A dependable all purpose TE would improve Dak's game dramatically.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

That contract looks worse by the day. I guess you can't predict injuries, but man, that's tough. It'll be even tougher when Dalton walks out the door cuz we can't afford him.

I read we've interviewed 2 tight end's at the combine, wouldn't be surprised to see 1 mid round pick and 1 late round pick at the position.

I don't think the Cowboys need to break the bank or shed any tears for losing either of them. Both are JAG level players. Neither can block... One can't stay healthy and the other is reliable but no more explosive than 36 year old Witten. You can find 2-3 more just like them every year in the draft and free agency. If the Cowboys do spend any money on the position it needs to be on an upgrade.. not more of the same.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It may not be popular here, but I could see them signing Rudolph or Hunter Henry, and also going TE in round 2.
Well you'd have to sign both to hopefully get 80% of season out of both combined.