CFZ Blame Always Finds Easy Target

Brax

Reaction score
3 linemen down,. That's not an excuse. Stats don't matter. The Defense didn't have to do anything special. Rush 4 guys drop 7.. not sure what you don't get here? I don't expect all world backups but I don't expect 3 out there at the same time either.It's not like the guys sidelined are scrubs. 3 most important linemen on the team at the moment. It was definitely a problem. Funny is fans still expect them to light up the score board or just elevate their level of play. LOL
All those FG and the int were the OL fault. Tha O stinker is on MM. Those backup OL did pretty well, funny now stats don’t mean anything. Everything has to be perfect in your world is that it, Cee Dee misses a game that’s would be your excuse.

Big_D

Reaction score
All those FG and the int were the OL fault. Tha O stinker is on MM. Those backup OL did pretty well, funny now stats don’t mean anything. Everything has to be perfect in your world is that it, Cee Dee misses a game that’s would be your excuse.
Again what's not to get? When you have 4 guys going out to catch passes and 7 in coverage, the math shouldn't be difficult. Everything was covered all day long.. why is that? Cause the Oline wasn't capable of stopping the 4 down linemen. I don't expect perfection, but you have to be able to create mismatches and force the D into sending more than 4. when your line is overmatched, it's just not going to happen. There was nothing there. Arizona D could just sit back.

Reaction score
lol wow you just told him he is using one game to prove a point but its not as good as you using one game to prove a point... the hypocrisy on this board is great..."The defense having 1 bad game out of 3 means nothing BUT Dak having one bad game out of 3 means everything".. how funny.
I'll give you a pass since all those whooshing sounds over your head must be distracting,,, :p

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Facts. When any team rushes for 200 yards in the NFL, the winning percentage is 88%.
The Cardinals rushed for 222 yards and a 7.4 yards per carry average. Most of their runs went outside the tackles. We already know that DLaw received one of the higher grades on the defense, so what does that tell you about Parsons side of the defense?

At crunch time, the defense busted a coverage and gave up a third of the Cardinals total passing yards on one play, followed by a passing TD that put the game mostly out of reach due to the time left.

We were down by 2 TDs on our final drive that started on our own 25. 12 plays later, we are on the Arizona 5 with almost no chance to win without recovering an onside kick. For some reason, we run the ball twice and are further back than we were. On third down, Dak makes a throw that was intercepted, good coverage, but a desperation throw. I would argue he should have thrown it away and tried again on fourth down, but this game was lost way before this. Due to the OL, Mike called a much too conservative game. One would expect that if we were leading, but we were trailing the entire game.

Our offense starting field positions were 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 16, 36, 25. After an 80 yard drive and a chance to cut the lead to 5 points, we went for it on 4th and 3 instead of taking the FG.

I find it shocking that so many are blaming anyone or any unit for this loss other than Dan Quinn and the defense.
The Cardinals scored on all 5 possessions in the first half without any help from a turnover. Rushing for 222 yards made life pretty darn easy for the Cardinals and their QB. The defense forced only one 3 and out, followed by a game changing punt return by Turpin that was called back by a holding 10 yards from the line of scrimmage before Turpin even fielded the punt 52 yards away.
There’s plenty of blame to go around, but most of it should be on the defense.
The defense was atrocious.
I don't know why there were no in game adjustments?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Again what's not to get? When you have 4 guys going out to catch passes and 7 in coverage, the math shouldn't be difficult. Everything was covered all day long.. why is that? Cause the Oline wasn't capable of stopping the 4 down linemen. I don't expect perfection, but you have to be able to create mismatches and force the D into sending more than 4. when your line is overmatched, it's just not going to happen. There was nothing there. Arizona D could just sit back.
BS. The protection and run blocking was not that bad. You are trying to make the Cards D line look good and it ain't.

Big_D

Reaction score
BS. The protection and run blocking was not that bad. You are trying to make the Cards D line look good and it ain't.

It's not a great D line but they were better than the Cowboys offensive line. That's all you need. There was nothing open for most of the day. That's not BS. That defense hung back and let their D line take advantage of a situation. Even if their run blocking wasn't that bad, you have to throw the ball. That was the issue in the red zone. You shorten the field and allow the D to just drop everyone into coverage. With every pass in the end zone there were red jerseys everywhere.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Eagles have won 3 games this year and Hurts, the guy they anointed last year has yet to play a decent game. He has thrown 3 INTs and lost 1 fumble in 3 games. His rating is lower than Dak's at 89, and he has been sacked 8 times compared to Dak's 3, 2 of which were against the Cardinals with the banged up Cowboys OL.

The Eagles won because they run the football and stop the run. They have only 6 sacks compared to Dallas's 12. But the Eagles give up 3.0 yards per carry. Dallas gives up 5.3 yards per carry. The Eagles have given up 145 yards in 3 games while Dallas has given up 394 yards.

The QB is front and center when a team loses because he is responsible for every offensive play. But football still comes down to running and stopping the run. Dallas failed to stop the run and gave up 115 yards on 3 running plays Sunday. They gave up almost 200 yards on 4 plays. You cannot win playing that poorly on defense.
It was a bad game for the D. Hopefully, it's an anomaly.

khiladi

Reaction score
The media anointed Hurts. Wasn't he a finalist for the league MVP last year? Wasn't he given a huge contract by the Eagles? I wasn't convinced but lots of others were.

By anointing, I thought you meant in this forum. Most people didn’t anoint him. Dak-fans thought he was over-rated, do did Dak-haters, but they generally said he was better than Dak, especially after last year.

Also, that’s not anointing.

He was a finalist because of his play. Whether that was part of the offense or not, they went to the SB. Dak also got paid a lot and was anointed an MVP contender multiple times despite not doing anything, while the offense carried him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Blame always gets shifted away from some people's idol.
Lol I mean does an idol roll through a persons head more than there villain? would you say you post more about Dak than any other player on the team? do you even post if its not about Dak..lol

shabazz

Reaction score
This was a team loss. Most everybody here knows that I don’t hold back on criticizing certain players when they play poorly or lose the game for us

In this case it would be too many to list. Of course we have to consider injuries and I get all that.

as always, I will merely sit back and watch how the games unfold. I have been on record as saying that the one thing I want to see is consistency here for a change…….not bailing, not whining, just watching

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Facts. When any team rushes for 200 yards in the NFL, the winning percentage is 88%.
The Cardinals rushed for 222 yards and a 7.4 yards per carry average. Most of their runs went outside the tackles. We already know that DLaw received one of the higher grades on the defense, so what does that tell you about Parsons side of the defense?

At crunch time, the defense busted a coverage and gave up a third of the Cardinals total passing yards on one play, followed by a passing TD that put the game mostly out of reach due to the time left.

We were down by 2 TDs on our final drive that started on our own 25. 12 plays later, we are on the Arizona 5 with almost no chance to win without recovering an onside kick. For some reason, we run the ball twice and are further back than we were. On third down, Dak makes a throw that was intercepted, good coverage, but a desperation throw. I would argue he should have thrown it away and tried again on fourth down, but this game was lost way before this. Due to the OL, Mike called a much too conservative game. One would expect that if we were leading, but we were trailing the entire game.

Our offense starting field positions were 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 16, 36, 25. After an 80 yard drive and a chance to cut the lead to 5 points, we went for it on 4th and 3 instead of taking the FG.

I find it shocking that so many are blaming anyone or any unit for this loss other than Dan Quinn and the defense.
The Cardinals scored on all 5 possessions in the first half without any help from a turnover. Rushing for 222 yards made life pretty darn easy for the Cardinals and their QB. The defense forced only one 3 and out, followed by a game changing punt return by Turpin that was called back by a holding 10 yards from the line of scrimmage before Turpin even fielded the punt 52 yards away.
There’s plenty of blame to go around, but most of it should be on the defense.
Sorry Bro , doesn't fit the Narrative

Great read though

Chuck 54

Reaction score
a good offense makes a defense better. :D
Fresher, not better. Our offense was moving the ball throughout the game. If the defense was on the field too long, it’s because they couldn’t stop anyone, not because the offense wasn’t possessing the ball. Besides, the defense was supposed to be how we were playing games, to our strength.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Let’s keep finding excuses for the elephant in the room. 8 years running.
You don’t have to like the QB, but if you can’t accept how pathetic the defense was in this game, that explains why you refer to the past 8 years. Our coach thought the defense was our strength and said we would play through them this season. He went with a very conservative game plan. I’m sure he’s doubting the defense now as well.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
How far back does this go? I don't think it's meaningful, or really even correct, for the modern game Much of that is also attributed to playing with a lead - you run because you're winning, not the other way round.

Off the top of my head, LAC week one and Chicago last year against Dallas were both losses. The three best rushing offenses by yardage totals, in 2022 games where they had 200+ yards rushing:

Falcons were 1-3.
Chicago was 2-5.
Baltimore was 2-1.

Rushing yards just doesn't mean anything.
This stat was listed as covering the SB era. It’s a relatively easy stat for them to follow.
x = how many times a team has rushed for 200 yards
y = how many times they won the game.

plymkr

Reaction score
The offense got inside the Cards 10 yard line FOUR TIMES in the 2nd half.

Scored 6 points total. That's abysmally bad.

So yeah, the offense shares as much blame as the defense.
All inclusive team failure. Dak is going to get the blame because he’s the highest paid player on the team so more is expected from him. Next year after Micah signs his extension and is the highest paid defensive player in NFL history he too will be overly scrutinized. With the big money comes big expectations from fans.

Just like Sean Payton. He gets 10 or 12 million a year. He got beat 70-0. With that 10 million a year salary he has to answer the questions of why the team sucks so bad. That’s part of getting paid. With the money you get the responsibility, whether fair or not or realistic or not.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Just for the record, since so many think my blaming the defense and Quinn for a pathetic game that did not put us in a good position to win, is an attempt to defend the QB:
  1. I‘m on record many times saying I like Dak Prescott, but also saying he is an above average QB, not ever in the top tier.
  2. I don’t think Dak played a poor game vs Arizona. He helped the offense move up and down the field. Unlike some games in the past, I never heard the announcers say he missed an open receiver or threw to the wrong guy. I can’t see the whole field, so I defer to the guys calling the game. Even when we were kicking FGs or going for it on 4th and 3, they were consistent in saying Dak had nowhere to go with the ball, that the Cards were smothering our receivers.
  3. The final INT was an I’ll-advised throw. That’s on Dak for not throwing it out of the endzone, but even when the announcers said the throw had little chance, there was no one else in the picture, and they never said he should have gone elsewhere. The game was over before that, but Dak should have gone to 4th down. With time running out on our chances, I don’t understand running twice down there.
  4. Im not laying all the blame on the defense. We moved the ball well all game and stunk in the Redzone, but based on NFL history, winning vs a team that rushed for 200+ yards would have put us in the 13% of teams. Unlike past years, this year the defense was supposed to be how we were going to win games.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I call this a team loss. Neither the offense or the defense can be completely excused for this loss. I just don't agree with those who acts like it's okay for the defense to allow 222 rushing yards, 28 points and hardly any punts against a Josh Dobbs led offense, just because they played greatly in weeks 1 and 2. I might give the defense a little more leeway if they had a shaky game against Mahomes or another top NFL QB and those QBs scored 28 points on them. But there's no excuses for them to be giving up nearly 30 points to an offense led by Josh Dobbs.

plymkr

Reaction score
..yep, yep. DQ underplayed the Cards, period. He thought, like WE thought. Cards was an easy DUB.

On the bright side. It was a wake up call.
And hopefully they respond well to the wake up call. As frustrating as this week has been it may be a blessing in disguise because now all the Super Bowl talk can end. All the generational defense talk can end. We got our bubble popped and hopefully our guys realize we got to work every week. We had a false sense of invincibility, especially on defense, that has been shattered. That is a good thing because it may make the guys work harder.

I’m holding on to some optimism that this wake up call serves is well.