CFZ Blame Always Finds Easy Target

Chuck 54

Reaction score
All those FG and the int were the OL fault. Tha O stinker is on MM. Those backup OL did pretty well, funny now stats don’t mean anything. Everything has to be perfect in your world is that it, Cee Dee misses a game that’s would be your excuse.
The backups played better than I expected, but I’m assuming you didn’t see their posted blocking grades for the game. Much worse than I thought just watching. All below 50, one below 40.

morat1959

Reaction score
You don’t have to like the QB, but if you can’t accept how pathetic the defense was in this game, that explains why you refer to the past 8 years. Our coach thought the defense was our strength and said we would play through them this season. He went with a very conservative game plan. I’m sure he’s doubting the defense now as well.
Yet we still had a chance to win with a competent QB.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yet we still had a chance to win with a competent QB.
Maybe, but I didn’t see it. If we had scored a TD at the end, we would have had to recover an onside kick and score another TD. we should have kicked a FG at the end of our 80 yard drive to cut the lead to 5, but even then, that long pass and subsequent TD given up basically ended our chances.

plymkr

Reaction score
Just for the record, since so many think my blaming the defense and Quinn for a pathetic game that did not put us in a good position to win, is an attempt to defend the QB:
  1. I‘m on record many times saying I like Dak Prescott, but also saying he is an above average QB, not ever in the top tier.
  2. I don’t think Dak played a poor game vs Arizona. He helped the offense move up and down the field. Unlike some games in the past, I never heard the announcers say he missed an open receiver or threw to the wrong guy. I can’t see the whole field, so I defer to the guys calling the game. Even when we were kicking FGs or going for it on 4th and 3, they were consistent in saying Dak had nowhere to go with the ball, that the Cards were smothering our receivers.
  3. The final INT was an I’ll-advised throw. That’s on Dak for not throwing it out of the endzone, but even when the announcers said the throw had little chance, there was no one else in the picture, and they never said he should have gone elsewhere. The game was over before that, but Dak should have gone to 4th down. With time running out on our chances, I don’t understand running twice down there.
  4. Im not laying all the blame on the defense. We moved the ball well all game and stunk in the Redzone, but based on NFL history, winning vs a team that rushed for 200+ yards would have put us in the 13% of teams. Unlike past years, this year the defense was supposed to be how we were going to win games.
I personally don’t think you blaming the Defense is a way to defend the QB. You’re right the defense sucked!!!!

1. I’m not a Dak fan but I agree with your assessment. He’s above average when playing well and average when playing bad.
2. I think Dak played a poor game but out of the whole team he was down the list as far as responsibility goes. I feel Defense, Injuries, coaching, offensive line play, WR sucked and then Dak played bad. He played a bad game but in his defense he had no help. Well Pollard and Dowdle played well but other than that he had no help. As much as I want to bash him, realistically and unemotionally I can look at it and ask how was Dak supposed to play good with the deck stacked against him? I want him to be able to elevate his game when the deck is stacked against him but I don’t think he can. I think when the defense and ST play this bad it puts on display how average Dak can be.
3. The interception was a bad throw and decision but it didn’t lose us the game. The play is being over analyzed because it’s a microcosm of the whole frustrating game. It was a bad pass but the game was over anyway. Not scoring in the red zone as well as the defense social distancing from anyone with the ball ended the game way before that play.
4. I’m laying blame on the defense, as well as the offense, coaching and overall effort by everyone not named Pollard, Dowdle and Aubrey. It was a total team fail. Complete team fail. Inexcusable.

GMO415

Reaction score
I bet both NY teams feel real dumb right about now......just run the damn ball and DAL can't win.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I just wanted to add, if the play calling would have been better we would have survived with a scare. We would have kicked the gimme three points and cut it to five, whatever that defensive call was on the WIDE open receiver debacle

should be ripped from the playlist. Just one of those games you'd rather forget about. They happen, but let's just forget about it. If Dallas plays many more games like this, the whole thing will get blown up and we'll start all over again from

scratch . And I'll still be down for the ride !!!

Let's Go Cowboys

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I just wanted to add, if the play calling would have been better we would have survived with a scare. We would have kicked the gimme three points and cut it to five, whatever that defensive call was on the WIDE open receiver debacle

should be ripped from the playlist. Just one of those games you'd rather forget about. They happen, but let's just forget about it. If Dallas plays many more games like this, the whole thing will get blown up and we'll start all over again from

scratch . And I'll still be down for the ride !!!

Let's Go Cowboys
LETS GO COWBOYS!!!

Brax

Reaction score
The backups played better than I expected, but I’m assuming you didn’t see their posted blocking grades for the game. Much worse than I thought just watching. All below 50, one below
Yes saw that, but it’s life in the NFL. Hopefully the injury bug doesn’t stick around. OL depth was a concern of a lot of posters before the season but Jerry and MM saw it differently.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
When you're down 3 starters on the Oline, the D better step up. Instead they were horrible. It was actually sad to watch a defense so pathetic.
The offense had problems scoring TDs the first 2 weeks too. It's a problem.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Blame always finds the 40 million dollar donkey who throws the INT to lose the game in the end.

Big_D

Reaction score
The offense had problems scoring TDs the first 2 weeks too. It's a problem.

So a new offense with a lot of new additions doesn't need time especially without key starters on the field? Without any playing time in the preseason? Be nice to have the full 11 for 1 game at least this year. They won 40 to nothing week 1 and then played a top tier defense. The Jets O might suck, but their defense does not. That's why you play 17 games and fix things week to week. You think they're just gonna roll over opponents? It's like you never watched an NFL season before.

Potenza

Reaction score
I am all for starting a dak hater for one game just to prove while dak CAN be a huge issue, he isn’t THE issue.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So a new offense with a lot of new additions doesn't need time especially without key starters on the field? Without any playing time in the preseason? Be nice to have the full 11 for 1 game at least this year. They won 40 to nothing week 1 and then played a top tier defense. The Jets O might suck, but their defense does not. That's why you play 17 games and fix things week to week. You think they're just gonna roll over opponents? It's like you never watched an NFL season before.
Scoring 2 TDs is a roll over? Through 3 games our WR's have 0 TDs.