Bland needed this butt-kicking

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Maybe, but I love that he didn’t pout. Kept competing and made a great play on the INT
Maybe he will get better but he gets torched a bunch. He gets some picks sure but I rather have lock down corner. Diggs gets burnt too. Can’t have all cb on team feast or famine

8FOR!3

Reaction score
A lot of these takes are bad. Guy got outworked by a mini Megatron (Metcalf is 6'3 235 and runs a 4.3) there are a handful of guys like that in the NFL and Bland couldn't really match his strength (still covered him well.) I'm not going to lie I also saw guys (no idea how often it was him) getting cooked by Lockett/JSN but some of those routes were NASTY. The Metcalf catches were really just being more physical than Bland.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna say something like that.

Along the lines of the anointing when the team has done nothing.

Pro sports has really become about individual performances these days thanks to fantasy sports.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Part of this is on Quinn for leaving the CBs on an island for much of the game. The Cowboys safeties tend to only play the middle of the field, they don't play the outside at all (you NEVER see a safety anywhere near a pass thrown down the sidelines). So that means we expect our CBs to be on an island out there by themselves. This is a real challenge.

And hec, when the CBs should have inside help from the safety, sometimes they don't...like when Metcalf beat Bland. The safety is supposed to be there to clean it up. Nope.

So, it's not all Bland (or Gilmore), we need more impact plays in the passing game from the safeties. And think about it, you rarely see a Cowboys safety knock down a pass, especially in support of a CB, right? That's a problem.

I don't fault Bland, because we're asking a lot of him...to not have any help over the top, but to still try to defend the underneath passes. Sheesh!

Proof

Reaction score
He'll grow from this experience and become a complete shutdown CB. Just remember that Diggs had growing pains too!
i don’t even think he played “bad” overall. metcalf was just COOKING. getting the pick after getting roasted all first half though was huge

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bland needed this butt-kicking​

tenor.gif

Proof

Reaction score
Maybe he will get better but he gets torched a bunch. He gets some picks sure but I rather have lock down corner. Diggs gets burnt too. Can’t have all cb on team feast or famine
that’s just not true. obviously THIS game provides quite a bit of fodder but prior to he was arguably the most lockdown cb in the league this year