Bleaker Times Are Ahead

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Lower expectations and just accept what we are. I'm done getting my hopes up for this team when Jerry and Stephen don't care.

StarLord

Reaction score
This is obviously not reality, but I really hope Jerry is done with Dak.. realizes he's backed himself into the dunce corner, resigns Dak without a no trade clause, fixes next year's ludicrous cap hit and trades him for something.. anything. That's my sad current dream.

Nav22

Reaction score
Ohhhhhh. I get it.

Suggesting the Eagles are a better ran organization than the Cowboys means I’m an Eagles fan, right?

You caught me, bro!
The team that lost 6 of their last 7 to choke away the division, then ate it vs the Bucs in the WC round?

Yeah, DEFINITELY an Eagles fan.

Got him, @Stash .
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jipper

Reaction score
jerry cant stay the owner and GM forever - that will end....better times are ahead!

Catpappy

Reaction score
This franchise is for entertainment only now. Been here from the first superbowl on and will do something else with my time this next season. They made me sign up for an account or I couldn’t read the forum or I wouldn’t be here anyway. Fact is some of these members are way more interesting than this team. Jerry sold his soul a long time ago. Media and football are crap now. I enjoy some of y’all and if I gave you a like it was because I agreed with ya. Who knew whiskey and a moron was a bad mixture. You know you’re in Arkansas when you get out to take a leak and a dozen sheep back up to the fence. Run it back ran me off.

Aven8

Reaction score
It might. This perpetual thinking that ‘we’re really close’ has kept the status quo mentality going for decades and has ultimately led to continued disappointment.
At least with McCarthy we’re actually making the playoffs on a consistent basis now. With JG we barely did that. All those 8-8 seasons left them thinking the same thing…

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least with McCarthy we’re actually making the playoffs on a consistent basis now. With JG we barely did that. All those 8-8 seasons left them thinking the same thing…
Very true. And some fans might be satisfied with that, thinking ‘it could always be worse’.

And while I can appreciate 12 wins, the Championship drought hangs over everything for me.

Empires have risen, fallen, and risen again while we wait.

Sydla

Reaction score
The team that lost 6 of their last 7 to choke away the division, then ate it vs the Bucs in the WC round?

Yeah, DEFINITELY an Eagles fan.

Got him, @Stash .
We also ate it in the playoffs, a home game no less.

It's bizarre that people look at us and then the Eagles and conclude that we, in fact, are the better run franchise at this point.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Things could always be worse.

We could have had a two month meltdown like the Eagles did.

We could have tons of in-fighting like the Eagles do.

We could have fired both our offensive and defensive coordinators like the Eagles did.

We could have players wanting huge contracts now seeking a trade like the Eagles do.

Things could be worse. Like the Eagles.
The Eagles have at least mattered a few times in the 21st century. A one season meltdown is in no way equivalent to our nearing 30 years of clown show.

Nav22

Reaction score
We also ate it in the playoffs, a home game no less.

It's bizarre that people look at us and then the Eagles and conclude that we, in fact, are the better run franchise at this point.
We played at home because we won the division.

We won the division because Philly lost 5 of their last 6 games, vs the easiest schedule in the league.

Adorable seeing Cowboys fans hype our poverty franchise little brother.

Now tell me about our drought while Philly's flexing 1 measly ring in 58 years.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I knew I’d flush you out and expose you.

Thanks for not disappointing.

:thumbup:
Your false equivalency was in no way an ownage other than on yourself. Go back and read what you wrote and then compare 21st century resumes between the two teams.

And somehow you have deluded yourself into thinking you made some killer point.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
1. The Mike Zimmer hire is worrisome. I firmly believe that Zimmer will now be our next head coach and that can’t have anyone excited. He fits everything Jerry looks for in a head coach AND he’s a Jerry guy.

2. The attitudes of our “stars” don’t instill confidence. Micah goes out of his way to praise opponents and throw teammates under the bus while CeeDee is talking about “millions and TDs” instead of winning.

3. We’re going to be 3 huge contracts and bargain bin everything else. Dak, Micah, and CeeDee are all going to get so much money and take up so much space that it’s going to take getting lucky and hitting on draft picks and cheap FA vets that over perform. Does anyone have faith that we have the leadership to hit on everything? I don’t.

4. The “all in” talk is BS. It was only said to keep interest after the embarrassing end of the season. It will be business as usual this offseason and everyone knows it.

5. Drama abound in the locker room. Players and family members calling each other out and throwing each other under the bus. They can pretend everything is all hunky dory but it’s not. Thats obvious. I expect this to just get worse if things aren’t going well on the field.

6. A lame duck head coach that just watched his replacement get hired can’t be good for the vibe. McCarthy is probably just as shocked as anyone that he’s still the coach right now, but he knows this is it. I feel like this will be nothing more than a going through the motions type of season for him. Thats exciting, huh?

Does anyone honestly look at the next 5 or so years for the Cowboys and see success?
Brain trust has to look to the future and it starts by not extending Prescot's contract. Need to draft a 1st rd QB this year, even if it means trading 1st, 2nd or ??????. Need to build up desperately needed cap space through cuts or releases of players who aren't playing up to their potentials. Personally, I think with all the RIGHT moves 2024 is going to be a LOUSY season for the Boys, but if they play their cards right 2025 could be the start of something great. I'm willing to throw a season away if it means throwing out the trash to get better........................

Sydla

Reaction score
We played at home because we won the division.

We won the division because Philly lost 5 of their last 6 games, vs the easiest schedule in the league.

Adorable seeing Cowboys fans hype our poverty franchise little brother.

Now tell me about our drought while Philly's flexing 1 measly ring in 58 years.

LOL. Imagine spiking the ball here on us getting waxed at home..........

We haven't won a SB in over 25 years, haven't even made a NFCCG in that same period and you are going to dunk on another team who has absolutely had better success than us over that same period.

Jerry counts on fans like you, ones who think we do things right while watching YouTube clip of the early 90s Cowboys teams. Ignorant and gullible.