Bleaker Times Are Ahead

fivetwos

Reaction score
I share your apathy. I’m finding it hard to care at this point.

Maybe it returns as we get closer to the draft?

Maybe it returns as we get to training camp?

Maybe it returns when the season starts?

Maybe it never returns?

I can definitely say that I’m becoming less of a fanatic with each passing disappointing season.
I’m sure I’ll watch the games, but I’m not going to be doing the usual like debating to draft this player vs another, etc.

That may change if they make an actual effort in free agency, but I don’t at all think that’s what “all-in” meant.

The whole situation is rotten. Our best players are very difficult to like. They couldn’t win anything with Parsons and Lamb on rookie deals. How is that supposed to happen after they get paid?

A few guys aside, the last few drafts have been awful, and that’s going to catch up to them soon if they continue to refuse outside players.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I think it’s going to be worse honestly.

We have questions on the left-side of the line and the running game got worse.

They had to change the offense mid-season and teams figured it out eventually. How much can you get away with, by dumbing it down even more? The Packers were not a great defense.

And the Eagles had horrible coaching, which at least they rectified. And the Commanders got a DC who is very familiar with the cowboys and are supposedly going all in for the number 1 pick, meaning new QB.
So do I. 12-5 and another playoff game is a pipe dream with this team!

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I can't remember a team this unlikeable in all my years. Just a team of rock stars, entrepreneurs, and celebrities that have never won a damn thing. It would be really cool to fail at my career over and over again and be rewarded for it.
what's sad is, they don't even try to hide it.

"Let's just keep making millions and scoring TD's"

"I have this designer Louis Vuitton bag as a motivation to think about the Super Bowl"

etc.

Good grief, there was a time when guys at least pretended to care about actually winning. Not anymore. Sad.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I knew I’d flush you out and expose you.

Thanks for not disappointing.

:thumbup:
LoL he's absolutely spot on on that one. I'd rather have a melt down every 10 years or so if that means we completely rebuild at the same pace and therefore try something new if the current thing ain't working.

And no I won't go follow the Eagles, I will continue to call out this train wreck until change is actually happening. Because I want my Cowboys to win a Superbowl, not the friggin Eagles.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LoL he's absolutely spot on on that one. I'd rather have a melt down every 10 years or so if that means we completely rebuild at the same pace and therefore try something new if the current thing ain't working.

And no I won't go follow the Eagles, I will continue to call out this train wreck until change is actually happening. Because I want my Cowboys to win a Superbowl, not the friggin Eagles.
I’m sorry that you missed the point entirely.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
1. The Mike Zimmer hire is worrisome. I firmly believe that Zimmer will now be our next head coach and that can’t have anyone excited. He fits everything Jerry looks for in a head coach AND he’s a Jerry guy.

2. The attitudes of our “stars” don’t instill confidence. Micah goes out of his way to praise opponents and throw teammates under the bus while CeeDee is talking about “millions and TDs” instead of winning.

3. We’re going to be 3 huge contracts and bargain bin everything else. Dak, Micah, and CeeDee are all going to get so much money and take up so much space that it’s going to take getting lucky and hitting on draft picks and cheap FA vets that over perform. Does anyone have faith that we have the leadership to hit on everything? I don’t.

4. The “all in” talk is BS. It was only said to keep interest after the embarrassing end of the season. It will be business as usual this offseason and everyone knows it.

5. Drama abound in the locker room. Players and family members calling each other out and throwing each other under the bus. They can pretend everything is all hunky dory but it’s not. Thats obvious. I expect this to just get worse if things aren’t going well on the field.

6. A lame duck head coach that just watched his replacement get hired can’t be good for the vibe. McCarthy is probably just as shocked as anyone that he’s still the coach right now, but he knows this is it. I feel like this will be nothing more than a going through the motions type of season for him. Thats exciting, huh?

Does anyone honestly look at the next 5 or so years for the Cowboys and see success?
Pretty much sums up the last 3 decades. I don't expect this franchise to win anything with Jerry running the show, how much more proof do we need?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I knew I’d flush you out and expose you.

Thanks for not disappointing.

:thumbup:
I've been saying it for years. This guy is an Eagles troll. Heck, he's happily used Sirianni's pitiful crying pic as his avatar pic the past several years.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I share your apathy. I’m finding it hard to care at this point.

Maybe it returns as we get closer to the draft?

Maybe it returns as we get to training camp?

Maybe it returns when the season starts?

Maybe it never returns?

I can definitely say that I’m becoming less of a fanatic with each passing disappointing season.
I can feel your pain there and for me to get excited I would have to say Jerry become active in free agency and do something to rebuild our trenches in the all in fashion that he speaks about

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do need my confirmation though.

Your insecurity won in the end and wouldn’t allow you to just read and not comment.
Check out your own insecurities.

Who initially quoted who?

You made the only confirmation I cared about when you rushed to defend your Eagles.

visionary

Reaction score
Only positive and huge slice of luck is how weak the NFC is compared to the AFC. The Cowboys will continue to make the play offs by default due to individual brilliance of Lamb/Parsons during the regular season unless one suffers a long term injury. But as we have seen over the past 8 years with this team, they get exposed once the lack of depth to the roster and quality at the QB position are exposed by the better teams. Rinse and repeat.
Thats not positive at all

During this time if we had competent people at GM, HC and QB, we could have won a SB, but we will win nothing

During this time we will continue to be “relevant “ and competitive so no incentive for Joneses to change

Swagger

Reaction score
Thats not positive at all

During this time if we had competent people at GM, HC and QB, we could have won a SB, but we will win nothing

During this time we will continue to be “relevant “ and competitive so no incentive for Joneses to change
I agree with you but it could be seen as a positive that despite the state of the QB performances against good teams the team will still reach the play offs and build up false hope for those who get duped year after year yet they continue to soak it up.

loublue22

Reaction score
I don’t see it being any bleaker than 27 years of no Super Bowls and only 2 WC wins. The only hope is a miracle. A miracle of some player exploding onto the scene, or a miracle our players can raise their priorities, or the biggest miracle is our players can play through the dysfunctional organization and win.

I still believe in miracles but I’m not counting on it. Anything can happen but I’m preparing for the same old.
Hey now.

It's 4 WC wins.