Bleaker Times Are Ahead

Sydla

Reaction score
All evidence to the contrary.

And as you said, both teams looked terrible in their only playoff game.

But which team also looked terrible for two months leading up to it?

And yet they completely collapsed this season?

What they’re “far more likely” to do is to remain who they are and who’ve they’ve most recently shown themselves to be.

You are just desperate to cling to something here that shows we are doing things better than Philly.

We are not. We haven't since the late 90s. And history tells us that if you had to put money on a franchise rebounding, you'd be foolish to put it on us over Philly at this point. In fact, if one is honest, there are quite a few teams that do it better than us and have for years.

That's just how mediocre we've been under Jerry's stewardship. I question the sanity of anyone who thinks otherwise.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles suck.
They may.

But they got as far as we did and over the last 6 seasons, they've won a SB, played in another and we've got shot out of a cannon early in the playoffs. If Philly sucks, whew boy, where are we.

The point here isn't to make the Eagles out to be the next dynasty here. They aren't or won't be. But it's to point out that as much as many here think they stink or are overrated or a fraud, they've BEEN MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN US over the last 5 years, 10 years, 20 years. There's no denying that and if one tries, then that person isn't a rational or honest Cowboys fan.

Something has to change here, whether that be set aside egos and hire a real HC, or change our personnel priorities, etc. If not, Jerry, and then Stephen, are just going to be spitting out basically the same product like they have for 20+ years.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You are just desperate to cling to something here that shows we are doing things better than Philly.

We are not. We haven't since the late 90s. And history tells us that if you had to put money on a franchise rebounding, you'd be foolish to put it on us over Philly at this point. In fact, if one is honest, there are quite a few teams that do it better than us and have for years.

That's just how mediocre we've been under Jerry's stewardship. I question the sanity of anyone who thinks otherwise.
Hello fellow Eagles fan!

visionary

Reaction score
I agree with you but it could be seen as a positive that despite the state of the QB performances against good teams the team will still reach the play offs and build up false hope for those who get duped year after year yet they continue to soak it up.
Positive only for the blind and for Jerry

Not positive for football fans

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
It's been so long that I don't even see the Cowboys in future Super Bowls, a lot of players today just want the money...It's pounded in their brains at young ages, when I played it wasn't nothing about the money, you played for the passion of the game...I get it, so I don't get as crazy as years go by...Players are gonna get richer, and Mahomes will have more Super Bowl wins..That's what I see....

Sydla

Reaction score
Hello fellow Eagles fan!
I get that it's tough to swallow any sort of logic that shows a divisional rival has simply done it better, but that's the reality here. Philly simply has done it better over the last two decades.

And yeah, they collapsed, we won the division but at the end of the day, I have less faith that Jerry and his son can do what's right to get us beyond the wall we keep running into. I have more faith in San Fran being able to figure out how to get back to the SB. I have more faith in Philly being able to figure out what they messed up. I have more faith in KC figuring out a way to get back to the SB.

I don't have a lot of faith in Jerry being able to fix what ails us. I think he's made his first mistake already by keeping McCarthy and then also doubling down on Dak. Now was the time to pull a Philly-Wentz move and start over. In a matter of a year, Philly dumped their high priced QB, fired their coach and then in a couple years were back in the SB.

Jerry doesn't have that kind of boldness or vision in him at this point.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
1. The Mike Zimmer hire is worrisome. I firmly believe that Zimmer will now be our next head coach and that can’t have anyone excited. He fits everything Jerry looks for in a head coach AND he’s a Jerry guy.

2. The attitudes of our “stars” don’t instill confidence. Micah goes out of his way to praise opponents and throw teammates under the bus while CeeDee is talking about “millions and TDs” instead of winning.

3. We’re going to be 3 huge contracts and bargain bin everything else. Dak, Micah, and CeeDee are all going to get so much money and take up so much space that it’s going to take getting lucky and hitting on draft picks and cheap FA vets that over perform. Does anyone have faith that we have the leadership to hit on everything? I don’t.

4. The “all in” talk is BS. It was only said to keep interest after the embarrassing end of the season. It will be business as usual this offseason and everyone knows it.

5. Drama abound in the locker room. Players and family members calling each other out and throwing each other under the bus. They can pretend everything is all hunky dory but it’s not. Thats obvious. I expect this to just get worse if things aren’t going well on the field.

6. A lame duck head coach that just watched his replacement get hired can’t be good for the vibe. McCarthy is probably just as shocked as anyone that he’s still the coach right now, but he knows this is it. I feel like this will be nothing more than a going through the motions type of season for him. Thats exciting, huh?

Does anyone honestly look at the next 5 or so years for the Cowboys and see success?
7.We Need a Sticky Drama Board..Will Start With You :muttley:

Does anyone honestly look at the next 5 or so years for the Cowboys and see success?
8.Wow,Your Way Ahead Of Yourself

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m pointing out facts. As inconvenient as they made be for you, they’re facts.

The Eagles imploded this season, the Cowboys did not.

I can chart the Eagles’ trajectory over the final two months of last season if it would better help you to understand.

I’m not putting any money on Nick Sirianni and the current Eagles locker room. Not a dime.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m pointing out facts. As inconvenient as they made be for you, they’re facts.

The Eagles imploded this season, the Cowboys did not.

I can chart the Eagles’ trajectory over the final two months of last season if it would better help you to understand.

I’m not putting any money on Nick Sirianni and the current Eagles locker room. Not a dime.
You picked one data point. I am looking at years of evidence. Philly has done it better. They just have. They won a SB, then sucked, dumped their QB and their coach, and a few years later were back in the SB.

We haven't sniffed a SB in 20+ years. You can chart 2 months, if you want. I'll look at years which gives us way more data and a track record.

GMO415

Reaction score
1. The Mike Zimmer hire is worrisome. I firmly believe that Zimmer will now be our next head coach and that can’t have anyone excited. He fits everything Jerry looks for in a head coach AND he’s a Jerry guy.

2. The attitudes of our “stars” don’t instill confidence. Micah goes out of his way to praise opponents and throw teammates under the bus while CeeDee is talking about “millions and TDs” instead of winning.

3. We’re going to be 3 huge contracts and bargain bin everything else. Dak, Micah, and CeeDee are all going to get so much money and take up so much space that it’s going to take getting lucky and hitting on draft picks and cheap FA vets that over perform. Does anyone have faith that we have the leadership to hit on everything? I don’t.

4. The “all in” talk is BS. It was only said to keep interest after the embarrassing end of the season. It will be business as usual this offseason and everyone knows it.

5. Drama abound in the locker room. Players and family members calling each other out and throwing each other under the bus. They can pretend everything is all hunky dory but it’s not. Thats obvious. I expect this to just get worse if things aren’t going well on the field.

6. A lame duck head coach that just watched his replacement get hired can’t be good for the vibe. McCarthy is probably just as shocked as anyone that he’s still the coach right now, but he knows this is it. I feel like this will be nothing more than a going through the motions type of season for him. Thats exciting, huh?

Good to know because the past 29 years have been bliss.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You picked one data point. I am looking at years of evidence. Philly has done it better. They just have. They won a SB, then sucked, dumped their QB and their coach, and a few years later were back in the SB.
Then you’re trying to argue about something that I’m not.

I have no trouble giving them credit for reloading so quickly after the Wentz/Peterson era.

But I’m also not letting that blind me to the fact that their current history shows a team that historically imploded. For the sake of comparison, tell me the last team that went from a league-best 10-1 record to lose 6 of their last 7 games? I’ll wait.

We haven't sniffed a SB in 20+ years. You can chart 2 months, if you want. I'll look at years which gives us way more data and a track record.
You can look at those past years if you want, while ignoring the present. I’m not about to.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

welcome to the Dallas Cowboys. where drama is required and necessary. as Jerry says, if they are talking about us, we have done our job....

the thing that's going to really set us back is the 2023, where we got pretty much nothing out of it. furthermore, we traded a bunch of picks in 2024 and have limited resources to replenish.
if/when we hit a snag along the way next year, with a lame duck coach, finger pointing starts and as you said, drama in the locker room is only going to increase.

but, jerry will make one big name signing this off season to show "he is all in". the rest of the roster will be ho-hum.

the problem is, one Jerry Jones cornered himself once again with his mouth running. "He is all in", which means for him to extend Dak (probably two years). he will lose one year of cheap cost on Lance. then he has to make a decision to trade him for a 6th round pick or walk away and not pay 25M of his option year. he has really screwed himself this time around.

I don't like Microphone Micah and I don't like how CD talks. families getting involved is only making things much worse.

also, don't think Zimmer is the next head coach. ZImmer is auditioning for the next head coaching position or the next DC position. he was out of job. this was his only offer. gets him back in the game.

RoboQB

Reaction score
This place is going to melt down next year as the
Houston Texans play the GB Packers in the next SB.

(SB= Super Bowl....not Superbowl. It's been so long, some of you have forgotten how to spell it...lol)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I share your apathy. I’m finding it hard to care at this point.

Maybe it returns as we get closer to the draft?

Maybe it returns as we get to training camp?

Maybe it returns when the season starts?

Maybe it never returns?

I can definitely say that I’m becoming less of a fanatic with each passing disappointing season.
LOL, Oh boy .....there was a time we had to damn near call the cops when you debated another poster. What happened to ya Stash........ :lmao2:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Bleaker Times Are Ahead, naw it will be the same crap, just a different year. I'm getting all ramped up for the season. rah, rah?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yah. The FO has — as usual— taken a bad situation and made it worse.

He screwed the team when he kept MM as a HC

He screwed MM as a HC when he made him a lame duck

He screwed the future when he paid Dak a bajillion dollars

And he has screwed the culture up by maintaining the status quo at GM despite 28 failures in a row.

Bleaker times ahead? Things have been bleak for a long time my friend. We are nearing an epic meltdown.

Should we struggle early next year, I think the wheels come off. Locker room issues, intense media hate, a mid season firing… gonna be awesome

And with Dak’s gimungous new extension sure to be signed, Jerry will have screwed us for at least another 4-5 years
Thank you for saving me the time of writing all that..
The only thing that is going to be worthwhile next year is watching the Jerry meltdown.