Bledsoe wont be the one to blame.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I still wish Henson was the one gettin to start this year but then I look at what we have at WR and I think it is good he stays on the sideline till next year and hopefully Parcells sees we need a big overhaul at WR.

When you see Bledsoe hold on to the ball longer then you think he should it wont be his fault. It will be our WRs fault since they cant get open very good. There will be only so many passes that Bledsoe can force. When you get to see the usual dropped passes from Quincy Morgan dont blame Bledsoe he aint the one with hands of stone. Morgan is.

Teams will soon see our only receivin threat is Jason Witten and it wont take them long to deal with that. After Witten none all of our WRs can be covered with man and no double teams will be needed. If Bledsoe had some good WRs I think he could have a real good year. But instead he has 2 injured has beens and nothin but garbage.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I still wish Henson was the one gettin to start this year but then I look at what we have at WR and I think it is good he stays on the sideline till next year and hopefully Parcells sees we need a big overhaul at WR.

When you see Bledsoe hold on to the ball longer then you think he should it wont be his fault. It will be our WRs fault since they cant get open very good. There will be only so many passes that Bledsoe can force. When you get to see the usual dropped passes from Quincy Morgan dont blame Bledsoe he aint the one with hands of stone. Morgan is.

Teams will soon see our only receivin threat is Jason Witten and it wont take them long to deal with that. After Witten none all of our WRs can be covered with man and no double teams will be needed. If Bledsoe had some good WRs I think he could have a real good year. But instead he has 2 injured has beens and nothin but garbage.

Why so negative??? Glenn was looking good last year before the injury. Key will be our possession receiver. Witten is a SUPERSTAR in the making. We STILLL don't know what Morgan brings to the table, he really didn't have a chance last year...and hopefully guys like Crayton and Cooper have improved. We did sign Reggie Harrell from TCU as a FA who Kiper believes is as good as many of the WR's taken on day 2. He has decent speed and good size. You never know he may be a find. If JJ picks up the running game where he left off last year...the O should be solid with a MUCH improved Defense.

Eskimo

Reaction score
It is unfortunate that the WR corps was not upgraded and I do think BP is overestimating the talent at the position. Last year when Glenn went down, no one on the team could beat man-coverage consistently - Key didn't have the ability to generate separation, Morgan was slowed by injury and Copper/Crayton were still in the developmental stage.

My hopes are that Glenn returns to his early-2004 form, Key repeats his 2004 performance, Morgan becomes the deep threat and Crayton continues to build upon a solid first season for a QB making a position change.

When you have a roster as devoid of talent as ours has been from 1999-2004, you have to prioritize what you want to accomplish in FA/draft because you can't rebuild a team easily when there is so little strength in its foundation - the players between years 3 and 7.

Will BP change his tune in the next FA/draft period? That I'm not sure about. I've just always thought he never placed a big premium on the position. His Giants teams never had much talent there. The Pats had Glenn but that was against his wishes. The Jets had Key but Parcells traded him.

I think Parcells does not place much emphasis out there - wants to win games in the trenches with DL/LB/OL/RB. You can win this way, but the margin for error is small and you have to be a fundamentally sound team that doesn't give up big plays or turn the ball over.

It doesn't jive with my philosophy, but what can you do? He's the man who h as been hired to right the ship and I hope his philosophy pans out.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

Do you even realize that last year was one of the best passing years in terms of yardage in TEAM HISTORY. We had two pass catchers that nearly eclipsed 1,000 yards.

Yeah, the WRs suck.

Listen, our WRs are very good. Johnson isn't as good as he thinks he is, but in rewatching the Seahawks game, he can still get deep and make the big catch. He has great hands and can position himself well. Glenn is super-quick and has fantastic hands. He is still very fast. Morgan is going to be a fine fit as a third WR.

I just don't understand why folks think our WRs stink. There are a lot of teams out there that would love to have what we have at WR.

And I would rather have Johnson, Glenn, and Morgan at WR when Henson goes in, than a few nice prospects. Key, Terry, and Quincy are vets that you can count on.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
MissionCoach said:
Why so negative??? Glenn was looking good last year before the injury. Key will be our possession receiver. Witten is a SUPERSTAR in the making. We STILLL don't know what Morgan brings to the table, he really didn't have a chance last year...and hopefully guys like Crayton and Cooper have improved. We did sign Reggie Harrell from TCU as a FA who Kiper believes is as good as many of the WR's taken on day 2. He has decent speed and good size. You never know he may be a find. If JJ picks up the running game where he left off last year...the O should be solid with a MUCH improved Defense.

Key and Glenn are both has beens comin off of injuries. Thats not good.

Morgan has real good speed but probaly the worse hands in the NFL. He can sometimes get open but he will almost always drop the ball.

Then like you said.....hopefully about the rest of our WRs. Harrell. If he was any good he woulda got drafted.

ndanger

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Blah, blah, blah. Nothing new here. Just move along.
definately nothing new here and yes I will now move along

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Listen, our WRs are very good.

Now thats funny!

Maybe Im wrong. And we really have the best WR corp in the NFL. I dont see Randy Moss or T.O. or Marv Harrison havin a chance at puttin up the numers Key Glenn and Morgan will. And with our HOF WRs here Im gonna be so p*ssed off if we waste a 1st rounder on WR next year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MissionCoach said:
Why so negative???
He's always negative. Just his schtick. No one gets harmed by it, but some are tired of it.

I think he's right just not the extreme he always takes it.

RoysAHitta

Benched
Reaction score
this all reverts back to just how bad it really hurt us by trading away bryant. he was the only wr on our roster with POTENTIAL. the guy was first round talent, not 7th round practice squad talent. the best days of glenn and keyshawn have came and went, by the end of the season our starting wr's are going to be beat up and slower than ever.

Eskimo

Reaction score
RoysAHitta said:
this all reverts back to just how bad it really hurt us by trading away bryant. he was the only wr on our roster with POTENTIAL. the guy was first round talent, not 7th round practice squad talent. the best days of glenn and keyshawn have came and went, by the end of the season our starting wr's are going to be beat up and slower than ever.

As someone once said, "You don't negotiate with a cancer - you cut it out". I too was disappointed that Bryant and Parcells could not co-exist but he had become too much of a distraction.

I would have preferred a 3rd or 4th round draft pick to Morgan, but maybe one was never offered. I don't know if there was any truth to the Larry Johnson rumours last year, but I also would have preferred him to Morgan.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He's always negative. Just his schtick. No one gets harmed by it, but some are tired of it.

I think he's right just not the extreme he always takes it.

Thanks for the Heads Up...It's All Good :beer2:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Petey H.
icon7.gif

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasn't Bledoe's fault either up in Buffalo... according to Bledsoe.

Glad to know people are already lining up to make excuses for the guy.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

If I hadnt used them all up the last 2 days, there'd be a Pearl Harbor joke in here somewhere....

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

WOW! Reading this was like a swift kick in the gut....... :(

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Key and Glenn are both has beens comin off of injuries. Thats not good.

Morgan has real good speed but probaly the worse hands in the NFL. He can sometimes get open but he will almost always drop the ball.

Then like you said.....hopefully about the rest of our WRs. Harrell. If he was any good he woulda got drafted.

Do has beens catch 70 balls for just short of 1000 yards?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
It wasn't Bledoe's fault either up in Buffalo... according to Bledsoe.

Glad to know people are already lining up to make excuses for the guy.

And according to the owner. He flat out said the team stunk when Bledsoe arrived, alot changed offensively plus some key injuries. Not an excuse cause I haven't seen him play 1 down for Dallas. However, I'm pleading guilty to at least being optimistic. I like the guy and think he'll do as well as our receivers and line allow him. Same could be said for most QB's. That's as about as objective as one could be...No?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats7 said:
And according to the owner. He flat out said the team stunk when Bledsoe arrived, alot changed offensively plus some key injuries. Not an excuse cause I haven't seen him play 1 down for Dallas. However, I'm pleading guilty to at least being optimistic. I like the guy and think he'll do as well as our receivers and line allow him. Same could be said for most QB's. That's as about as objective as one could be...No?

Buffalo had been floundering around for a few years... no doubt. But over the last three years of Bledsoe's tenure in Buffalo, each year they had a 1,000 rusher. For two of the three years they had a healthy Eric Moulds. Over the last two years they had the #2 rated defenses in the NFL. The cupboard wasn't exactly bare for poor Drew.

He's coming to a Dallas team that has 2 good receivers in Key and Glenn, not great but "good". I think that's fair. And will hopefully have a healthy J. Jones for the entire season. It's funny, but you won't usually find "good" quarterbacks behind center of bad offenses. Might not be objective but it certainly is factual. ;)

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
:pee: :pee: :pee: :pee: :pee: :pee: :pee: :pee: :pee: :pee: :pee: :pee:
Wolverine said: