Bledsoe wont be the one to blame.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Do you even realize that last year was one of the best passing years in terms of yardage in TEAM HISTORY. We had two pass catchers that nearly eclipsed 1,000 yards.

Yeah, the WRs suck.

Listen, our WRs are very good. Johnson isn't as good as he thinks he is, but in rewatching the Seahawks game, he can still get deep and make the big catch. He has great hands and can position himself well. Glenn is super-quick and has fantastic hands. He is still very fast. Morgan is going to be a fine fit as a third WR.

I just don't understand why folks think our WRs stink. There are a lot of teams out there that would love to have what we have at WR.

And I would rather have Johnson, Glenn, and Morgan at WR when Henson goes in, than a few nice prospects. Key, Terry, and Quincy are vets that you can count on.

I'm not certain the majority of us think the WRs stink.

I agree with you. Witten is super. Glenn can do the job and so can Key. The problem at WR is there is no proven depth so a "key" injury could cause problems. Even though I see TE as a relative strength you only have two and you need at least two in this offense. An injury there could cause problems too.

As someone else said, you cannot rebuild a team ravished by almost a decade of poor drafting and acquistion.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Key and Glenn are both has beens comin off of injuries. Thats not good.[/i]

I'm not real sure, but I think I smell ignorance. You certainly can't be basing this off of thier performances. Perhaps it's the age factoring in to that "unique" thought process of yours. But Key and Glenn play better than most young guys and your assesment is discriminatorily-based.

Morgan has real good speed but probaly the worse hands in the NFL. He can sometimes get open but he will almost always drop the ball.

Again - this is reaching. There is no proof that Morgan has the worst hands in the NFL - none. In fact, he caught more balls than people expected last year. The guy played well, considering what we lost talent-wise with Bryant.

Perhaps you're just not willing to give the new guy a chance or perhaps you aren't able to grasp that there were more important needs to address on the team than WR - one of the strongest and more talented areas of the team.

Logic just doesn't support your assesments.

Then like you said.....hopefully about the rest of our WRs. Harrell. If he was any good he woulda got drafted.

Do I have to point out the thoughtless reasoning in this statement?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Key and Glenn are both has beens comin off of injuries. Thats not good.

Morgan has real good speed but probaly the worse hands in the NFL. He can sometimes get open but he will almost always drop the ball.

Then like you said.....hopefully about the rest of our WRs. Harrell. If he was any good he woulda got drafted.

Why do I constantly feed this troll.

Alright, here we go. Key played with those injuries, and pretty well at that. It isn't as if it is a career ender - he tore his MCL. That is no biggie, especially after an offseason of healing.

Glenn injured his ankle (or foot, one or the other). It happens. It isn't like he is a 30 year old coming off an ACL tear. Neither of these have careers of being injury prone. And prior to this particular injury, these two receivers were pretty deadly next to each other.

As far as Morgon having the worst hands in the NFL. Puh leeze. Do you watch other games? Here are three worse to name a few: Todd Pinkson, Freddie Mitchell, Randal Williams, James Thrash. That is just our division.

As far as the youngsters are concerned, whom you constantly refer to as trash. Dunno what you are watching, but Crayton has terrific upside. Copper is real fast. Trash, huh. They did a pretty good job of beating out Randal Williams for a roster spot and I don't see Dedric Ward resigning anytime soon.

We don't have the best WR corps in the NFL, but it is still good all around. It seems you are getting confused between WR corps and First WR when you spout off names like Harrisson, Moss or Owens. This team is currently running a WR by committee, sort of how Philly ran a RB by committee about 2 seasons ago. And Parcells has always had success doing so. This corps is very capable of getting open, especially with Witten working the middle/slot and Jones coming out of the backfield (I fully expect his hands to improve).

I have said it before and I will say it again - our WR is better and deeper than the corps of non-superstars that NE has won a super bowl with 3 out of the last 4 seasons. Call it being a homer if you want, but its true. Neither team has a true number one option, but each run a WR by committee, which can be very effective.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Why do I constantly feed this troll.

Alright, here we go. Key played with those injuries, and pretty well at that. It isn't as if it is a career ender - he tore his MCL. That is no biggie, especially after an offseason of healing.

Glenn injured his ankle (or foot, one or the other). It happens. It isn't like he is a 30 year old coming off an ACL tear. Neither of these have careers of being injury prone. And prior to this particular injury, these two receivers were pretty deadly next to each other.

As far as Morgon having the worst hands in the NFL. Puh leeze. Do you watch other games? Here are three worse to name a few: Todd Pinkson, Freddie Mitchell, Randal Williams, James Thrash. That is just our division.

As far as the youngsters are concerned, whom you constantly refer to as trash. Dunno what you are watching, but Crayton has terrific upside. Copper is real fast. Trash, huh. They did a pretty good job of beating out Randal Williams for a roster spot and I don't see Dedric Ward resigning anytime soon.

We don't have the best WR corps in the NFL, but it is still good all around. It seems you are getting confused between WR corps and First WR when you spout off names like Harrisson, Moss or Owens. This team is currently running a WR by committee, sort of how Philly ran a RB by committee about 2 seasons ago. And Parcells has always had success doing so. This corps is very capable of getting open, especially with Witten working the middle/slot and Jones coming out of the backfield (I fully expect his hands to improve).

I have said it before and I will say it again - our WR is better and deeper than the corps of non-superstars that NE has won a super bowl with 3 out of the last 4 seasons. Call it being a homer if you want, but its true. Neither team has a true number one option, but each run a WR by committee, which can be very effective.

Very nice post, Mr. Crown Royal. I agree with the entire thing - top to bottom.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I still wish Henson was the one gettin to start this year but then I look at what we have at WR and I think it is good he stays on the sideline till next year and hopefully Parcells sees we need a big overhaul at WR.

When you see Bledsoe hold on to the ball longer then you think he should it wont be his fault. It will be our WRs fault since they cant get open very good. There will be only so many passes that Bledsoe can force. When you get to see the usual dropped passes from Quincy Morgan dont blame Bledsoe he aint the one with hands of stone. Morgan is.

Teams will soon see our only receivin threat is Jason Witten and it wont take them long to deal with that. After Witten none all of our WRs can be covered with man and no double teams will be needed. If Bledsoe had some good WRs I think he could have a real good year. But instead he has 2 injured has beens and nothin but garbage.

Actually, I think this would be a perfect time to start out fresh with a young quarterback. Parcells has totally revamped this defense and we will probably be alot better this year.

On offense, you have tons of experience and a great mix of veterans and youngsters with the exception of Wide Receiver.

*You have 3 Pro Bowler caliber players on the Offensive line

*You have a Pro Bowler at Tight End

*You have a budding star at Tailback and a nice addition to spell him (Barber)

*Glenn is still a homerun threat, Keyshawn is Mr. Reliable over the middle and Crayton and Morgan aint bad either

If you fastforward to next year's draft when we theoretically will go heavy on offensive, and stick those guys in with these guys, all I can Look Out.

Guys that should see alot of time on the field on offense:

Flozell Adams LT 30
Larry Allen LG 34
Darian Barnes FB 25
Drew Bledsoe QB 33
Dan Campbell TE 29
Patrick Crayton WR 26
Terry Glenn WR 31
Al Johnson C 26
Keyshawn Johnson WR 33
Julius Jones RB 24
Quincy Morgan WR 27
Marco Rivera RG 33
Torrin Tucker RT(Off.) 26
Tyson Walter LG 27
Jason Witten TE 23

Average age:28

- Mike G.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
CR, nice post. But you are mistaken that neither KJ nor TG have a career history of injuries. Key does not, but Terry is the poster boy for missed games...concussions, broken clavicle, assorted hammies, long term bursitis, finger, ankle, knee, etc. Just two 16 game seasons in nine years.

Last year's foot injury (same type as Dan Campbell's, though not as severe) was labeled as potentially "career threatening" (because a poor healing could result in the inability to plant and cut) by Bill and JJ, which is why they put T on IR on Oct 30. Originally, there was not supposed to be surgery (as there was in Dan's case) because only one ligament was involved, and as Bill said in a pc, the issue was not re-attaching the ligament because "there was nothing to attach it to". This was, btw, the same type of foot injury that put then Cleveland Brown Courtney Brown on IR earlier in the season.

So there was supposedly no need for surgery in Terry' case. However, very quietly, w/o fanfare, (I suppose it must have been discussed here), Terry had surgery on both the foot and on his knee the first week of January, when it was revealed he had suffered injury to ligaments, plural. This was after two plus months of maintaining it would not require surgery. The operation on his right knee was, I think, related to the ongoing bursitis he has been plagued with for some years, which Bill blamed on his not wearing knee pads.

The good news is there was no rush to draft a wideout with a high pick, which has to mean Terry's prognosis was good after the surgeries.

But frankly, someone..Crayton, Morgan, Copper, has to step up this year and prove themselves a potential starter with whom there would be no serious fall off if T remains injury prone, or if the two surgeries were not as successful as believed.

We shall see.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Actually, I think this would be a perfect time to start out fresh with a young quarterback. Parcells has totally revamped this defense and we will probably be alot better this year.

On offense, you have tons of experience and a great mix of veterans and youngsters with the exception of Wide Receiver.

*You have 3 Pro Bowler caliber players on the Offensive line

*You have a Pro Bowler at Tight End

*You have a budding star at Tailback and a nice addition to spell him (Barber)

*Glenn is still a homerun threat, Keyshawn is Mr. Reliable over the middle and Crayton and Morgan aint bad either

If you fastforward to next year's draft when we theoretically will go heavy on offensive, and stick those guys in with these guys, all I can Look Out.

Guys that should see alot of time on the field on offense:

Flozell Adams LT 30
Larry Allen LG 34
Darian Barnes FB 25
Drew Bledsoe QB 33
Dan Campbell TE 29
Patrick Crayton WR 26
Terry Glenn WR 31
Al Johnson C 26
Keyshawn Johnson WR 33
Julius Jones RB 24
Quincy Morgan WR 27
Marco Rivera RG 33
Torrin Tucker RT(Off.) 26
Tyson Walter LG 27
Jason Witten TE 23

Average age:28

- Mike G.
I agree with you 100%. Look what having those things did for Ben Rothlesberger.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
LTN, I stand corrected. I was not aware that Glenn had a history of injury, nor was I aware that this injury was so serious. But very good point about his prognosis.

Further, I am very impressed with the play of Crayton. He caught my eye in the week I spent at TC, and I followed him ever since. I hope that Glenn stays healthy (as he did his first season here), but if something should happen, I am fairly confident that Crayton could step into the number 3 (possibly the number 2 - we shall see) and provide a very good weapon for our offense.

Edit: I did a quick search on Glenn. He has played 10 games or more for 6 of his nine seasons. Of the 3 that he played less, the numbers were:

1997 - Nine Games
2001 - Four games (fell out of favor with the FO)
2004 - Six games.

He is a bit more injury prone than I thought, but you are going to be hard pressed to find a WR, especially a small speed receiver like Glenn, who will consistently play 16 game seasons. Not debating you (that would be folly), but I will begin to worry if he returns to IR this season. Not before that.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
LTN, I stand corrected. I was not aware that Glenn had a history of injury, nor was I aware that this injury was so serious. But very good point about his prognosis.

Further, I am very impressed with the play of Crayton. He caught my eye in the week I spent at TC, and I followed him ever since. I hope that Glenn stays healthy (as he did his first season here), but if something should happen, I am fairly confident that Crayton could step into the number 3 (possibly the number 2 - we shall see) and provide a very good weapon for our offense.

Edit: I did a quick search on Glenn. He has played 10 games or more for 6 of his nine seasons. Of the 3 that he played less, the numbers were:

1997 - Nine Games
2001 - Four games (fell out of favor with the FO)
2004 - Six games.

He is a bit more injury prone than I thought, but you are going to be hard pressed to find a WR, especially a small speed receiver like Glenn, who will consistently play 16 game seasons. Not debating you (that would be folly), but I will begin to worry if he returns to IR this season. Not before that.

I hear ya, CR. Terry is one of my all time favorite players, but I have ALWAYS watched him play with my heart on my sleeve. I think you are correct that his size (he is not 5'11" or the 185-190 he is listed at) is the issue, and even receivers who are small but built much more sturdily like Joey Galloway and Steve Smith or even the diminutive Dedric Ward often end up sitting some out.

I wonder tho, how many games Marvin Harrison has lost to injury over the years.

Big or small, it's a lot about luck.

Hopefully, this will be a lucky season, all around....

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
you guys need to be schooled on efficieny, welcome to the new revolution

d12.jpg

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
LTN, I stand corrected. I was not aware that Glenn had a history of injury, nor was I aware that this injury was so serious.

What a surprise. Just like you werent aware of Glenns injury its obvious you arent aware our WR corp is one of the worse in the NFL.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
What a surprise. Just like you werent aware of Glenns injury its obvious you arent aware our WR corp is one of the worse in the NFL.

The word of the day is sophistry.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I think we have a good crop of receivers. You don't have to be star quality to be a good receiver. I don't see the Randy moss's and TO's of the league winning SB's.

All we need is to be consistent and time consuming when running our offense, nothing spectacular. Let our defense dictate the game and the offense will be just fine.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We are all set at WR

Morgan should be better in full year here and Crayton, Copper should be better as well. We will sign a vet pre camp. We are $6M under cap still...

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I still wish Henson was the one gettin to start this year but then I look at what we have at WR and I think it is good he stays on the sideline till next year and hopefully Parcells sees we need a big overhaul at WR.

When you see Bledsoe hold on to the ball longer then you think he should it wont be his fault. It will be our WRs fault since they cant get open very good. There will be only so many passes that Bledsoe can force. When you get to see the usual dropped passes from Quincy Morgan dont blame Bledsoe he aint the one with hands of stone. Morgan is.

Teams will soon see our only receivin threat is Jason Witten and it wont take them long to deal with that. After Witten none all of our WRs can be covered with man and no double teams will be needed. If Bledsoe had some good WRs I think he could have a real good year. But instead he has 2 injured has beens and nothin but garbage.

Speaking of garbage, this post/thread should be on its way to the nearest landfill if you ask me. Crown Royal's initial and follow up response pretty much nukes this rambling, inarticulate nonsense if you ask me.

I would like to only add that Fox Sports reported that Quincy Morgan has been working on changing his receiving technique. Some of you may recall that ddh33 posted this back in February.

icon1.gif
Fox Sports Team Report

The Cowboys want receiver Quincy Morgan to improve some specific aspects of his game once he's fully recovered from offseason surgery to remove a bone growth from his knee. Morgan has been plagued by drops throughout his career. He's right-hand dominant, and the problem is when he attempts to catch a pass where his left hand needs to be on top of the ball. In those circumstances, he still tries to use his right hand, and it makes him inconsistent. Keyshawn Johnson had the same problem as a rookie and spent the entire offseason working to fix it. Johnson and receives coach Todd Haley will help Morgan to correct this small, but important issue.

http://new.cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19003&highlight=morgan+haley

Wolverine...maybe you should consider superimposing your own picture over Zimmer's in your sig line.
tongue.gif

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waffle said:
Speaking of garbage, this post/thread should be on its way to the nearest landfill if you ask me. Crown Royal's initial and follow up response pretty much nukes this rambling, inarticulate nonsense if you ask me.

I would like to only add that Fox Sports reported that Quincy Morgan has been working on changing his receiving technique. Some of you may recall that ddh33 posted this back in February.

icon1.gif
Fox Sports Team Report

The Cowboys want receiver Quincy Morgan to improve some specific aspects of his game once he's fully recovered from offseason surgery to remove a bone growth from his knee. Morgan has been plagued by drops throughout his career. He's right-hand dominant, and the problem is when he attempts to catch a pass where his left hand needs to be on top of the ball. In those circumstances, he still tries to use his right hand, and it makes him inconsistent. Keyshawn Johnson had the same problem as a rookie and spent the entire offseason working to fix it. Johnson and receives coach Todd Haley will help Morgan to correct this small, but important issue.

http://new.cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19003&highlight=morgan+haley

Wolverine...maybe you should consider superimposing your own picture over Zimmer's in your sig line.
tongue.gif

Well said Waffle.

Making excuses for Bledsoe already seems a tad funny. But I guess the troops are just practicing for when the "blame game" really starts.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
We are all set at WR. Great. How about I make some predictions for our 5 future HOF WRs for this season.

Keyshawn - 140 catches for 2300 yards 30 TD catches

Glenn - 137 catches 1905 yards 27 TD catches

Morgan - 200 catches 3500 yards 40 TD catches. Everyone thinks this future HOF WR has improved so why not be fair here.

Crayton - 115 catches for 1700 yards 20 TDs

Copper - 110 catches 1550 yards 15 TDs

Why would I even wanna think about gettin any other WRs. No other team in the NFL has more talent at WR then we do. Even our worse WR Copper is still better then Randy Moss or any other teams best WR.

Ive been wrong all along. Can somone call the HOF and put these guys in now instead of waitin.

Sure must be fun lookin at our WRs through Silver and Blue glasses.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
word of the day is HOMER!
Key and Glenn both averaged over 60 yards per game in receptions.

That made Dallas one of only eight teams to have two WR's with 60+ ypg.