Bledsoe wont be the one to blame.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Being serious here and not to piss off the anti-Zimmer crowd. When Parcells leaves Zimmer is probably the #1 candidate as replacement. Head Coaches typically love for their assistants to land High Profile Head Coaching jobs because it is a reflection back on them. Nebraska football is as high profile as it gets. They wanted him to stick around. There has to be a reason and it was not that they wanted the defense to suck.

I used to think Carthon or Payton were the primary candidates to succeed Parcells. Especially Carthon what with his long past with Parcells. I agree, Zimmer looks to be the odds on favorite to be our next coach when Tuna leaves.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I used to think Carthon or Payton were the primary candidates to succeed Parcells. Especially Carthon what with his long past with Parcells. I agree, Zimmer looks to be the odds on favorite to be our next coach when Tuna leaves.
Yep. As much as I'd like to see Bob Stoops or one of the guys from the college ranks that I like, I doubt it will even be a real consideration.

blindzebra

Reaction score
In going through everyone's attempt to hammer some sense into our wayward poster, one thing appears to have not come up.

While having a TO/Moss-type #1 WR would be nice is it really the preferred choice?

Which is harder for a DC to gameplan, a stud WR and a bunch of scrubs or two good WRs and a stud TE?

We are about to put an offense on the field that has a RB that is a threat to go to the house everytime he touches the ball. A WR that is a sure thing for 8-10 yards a pop. A TE that can get you 10 yards or 40. Two more WRs that can get deep.

We can go 2 TE and pound the ball and still hurt you down field, or we can go 3 WR and still run with the blocking of Key and Witten.

Couple that with everything we did to fix the defense and we will be in the thick of things in the NFC, as long as we stay healthy.

It really is as simple as this, Edwards, Williamson and Williams were all gone before we picked at #11. Clayton was not a better pick than Spears at #20.

Was any of the 3 WRs in the top ten worth not getting Ware and Burnett, because that would have been the price to move up for them?

Would you trade Ware and Spears for Moss?

Who was this can't miss FA WR we passed on?

It really is time to take Zimmer's picture off that sig line ribbon.:D

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
If Zimmer is ever HC of this team then he will make Dave Campo look like Vince Lombardi. We will have a D that only gets 5 sacks a year and no turnovers and a offense that only scores FGs and never gets in the endzone.

Zimmer would be the 1st HC to ever go 0-16 in a season.