Bledsoe wont be the one to blame.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
If Glenn and Johnson provide their average production and Witten is able to simply reproduce his numbers from last season then OUR RECEVERS COMPARE FAVORABLY WITH THE RECEIVERS OF THE ELITE PASSING TEAMS IN THE NFL.

Wolverine I realize its your schtick to hate everything and that you and HH share the same brain but the lack of actual thought you put in your posts is simply depressing.

You say me and HH lack thought but it aint me and HH and some others that is full of IFs like you and all the others in here who think we have the best WR corp in the NFL. You are full of IFs. Well if my aunt had balls shed be my uncle. I put up stats from ESPN and you just dont like them and now your just reachin.

And no I dont hate everything. I think we had a great draft. A great FA signings to.

As is our receivers are good enough to have an elite passing attack this season.

If you are wearin silver and blue colored glasses.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
<sigh> wolverine, same ole song and dance huh? did your prozac perscription run out in april? sheesh give me a break. :banghead:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
You say me and HH lack thought but it aint me and HH and some others that is full of IFs like you and all the others in here who think we have the best WR corp in the NFL. You are full of IFs. Well if my aunt had balls shed be my uncle. I put up stats from ESPN and you just dont like them and now your just reachin.

And no I dont hate everything. I think we had a great draft. A great FA signings to.

If you are wearin silver and blue colored glasses.

What you miss here is something has to happen. There is no IF here all I am saying is that it is reasonable to assume that both Glenn and Johnson will have another average production year and that Witten will at least match his production from last season. This is a very consevative outlook and much more compelling than 'theyre old and they suck.'

I then use these statistics to compare with the statistics of other receivers in the NFLs top passing attacks and how we compare favorably.

Rose colored glasses would have stated that last season for Glenn was an abberation, Johnson would improve and Witten would improve dramatically.

I didnt do that. Your theory is garbage.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
With this team even with our much improved D we cant afford to make any mistakes. Talent at WR would let us have a easier time of comebacks when they are needed. With these WRs if we are down by 14 or more points we are as good as done for the game. We cant play catch up and take the lead with these WRs.

I suppose you missed the Seattle and second Washington game....

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I suppose you missed the Seattle and second Washington game....

And where did they pick in the 2005 draft. What was there record for 2004. Nuff said. Try this against a team with a winnin record not team fightin for the 1st pick of the draft.

FuzzyLumpkins still bein clueless said:
There is no IF here all I am saying is that it is reasonable to assume that both Glenn and Johnson will have another average production year and that Witten will at least match his production from last season.

This is still a IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
And where did they pick in the 2005 draft. What was there record for 2004. Nuff said. Try this against a team with a winnin record not team fightin for the 1st pick of the draft.

Washington was a top five defense and Seattle was a playoff team. Nuff said, eh?

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Washington was a top five defense and Seattle was a playoff team. Nuff said, eh?

Seattle was 9-7 in a division that almost any NCAA team coulda gone 9-7 in.

Washington ok they had a top 5 D. How come they only won 6 games. With the way everyone thinks D wins games shouldnt they been 10-6 instead. THey are kinda like us now. Good D and garbage for WRs.

Banned_in_Austin said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but everthing is an "if". . .

The biggest if bein IF you have a brain.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Seattle was 9-7 in a division that almost any NCAA team coulda gone 9-7 in.

Washington ok they had a top 5 D. How come they only won 6 games. With the way everyone thinks D wins games shouldnt they been 10-6 instead. THey are kinda like us now. Good D and garbage for WRs.

Regarding Seattle - you said that our WR wouldn't help us in a come back situation. I'd say KJ made a pretty clutch catch in the endzone....regardless of their record.

Washington - not quite sure how anything you said supports your contentions. We came back on a very good defense, with Patrick Crayton making a huge play to win the game...And they went 6-10 because their offense was abhorrent. No QB play (plenty worse than ours) and a terrible o-line. But I sure wouldn't call Laveranues Coles and Rod Gardner garbage at WR.....

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Regarding Seattle - you said that our WR wouldn't help us in a come back situation. I'd say KJ made a pretty clutch catch in the endzone....regardless of their record.

Washington - not quite sure how anything you said supports your contentions. We came back on a very good defense, with Patrick Crayton making a huge play to win the game...And they went 6-10 because their offense was abhorrent. No QB play (plenty worse than ours) and a terrible o-line. But I sure wouldn't call Laveranues Coles and Rod Gardner garbage at WR.....

What you just dont get is that we have 2 has beens as our startin WRs comin off of serious injuries. But then you didnt even know how serious Glenns injury was til it was brought up so what do you know anyway. You cant figure out how to take off your silver and blue glasses

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

Under your definition your original post is an IF. Your contention that our WR squad does not have the talent to produce is an if. Which 'if' is more realistic and well explained?

Basically what it comes down to is statistical analysis, logic and comparative analysis versus 'theyre old and they suck.'

I do feel that your position has been thoroughly rebutted at this point and if you have a new perspective to offer I will respond.

Seeing that you havent in the last 4 pages I probably wont be responding to you in this thread again so dont take that as a concession on my part.

I just dont want to have to repeat myself.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Under your definition your original post is an IF. Your contention that our WR squad does not have the talent to produce is an if. Which 'if' is more realistic and well explained?

No thats a fact.

Basically what it comes down to is statistical analysis, logic and comparative analysis versus 'theyre old and they suck.'

Oh I guess I am wrong. We have the youngest and most talented WR corp in the NFL. That better.

You never had any good points anyways. So good.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
What you just dont get is that we have 2 has beens as our startin WRs comin off of serious injuries. But then you didnt even know how serious Glenns injury was til it was brought up so what do you know anyway. You cant figure out how to take off your silver and blue glasses

Johnson was hurt so bad that he could play on it.

Glenn hurt his foot and had surgery in January. This is not an achilles or knee injury. Now, if there were to be problems in the rehab then it would have been known 3 months later in the FA period and certainly 4 months later by the draft.

Parcells in his press conference has indicated that Glenn is still fast and that our talent is just fine. Now while the man has been closelipped I have never seen him as a liar.

You tend to speak in generalities but a closer look shows your view lacking.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:

I do feel that your position has been thoroughly rebutted at this point and if you have a new perspective to offer I will respond.

Seeing that you havent in the last 4 pages I probably wont be responding to you in this thread again so dont take that as a concession on my part.

Wolverine

Wolverine: I have too responded. I am right and you are wrong.

Cowchips

Reaction score
Not sure what the point about Seattle is but I would point out that "inadequate" Bledsoe shredded the Seattle defense last year and his Bills scored 40 points against them.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
6thsense.jpg

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
A reasonable expectation would be that Key and Glenn have reached points of expected production. This meaning that you could take there averages for the past 3 seasons and be pretty close to the production they will achieve this year.

Keyshaun

2002 16 76 1088 14.3 76 5
2003 10 45 0600 13.3 39 3
2004 16 70 0981 14.0 39 6

Proj 14 62 0890 14.3 51 5

Glenn

2002 15 56 0817 14.6 49 2
2003 16 52 0754 14.5 51 5
2004 06 24 0400 16.7 48 2

Proj 12 44 0657 14.9 50 3

Now are these numbers those of the top receivers in the league? No obviously they are not; however on closer look these numbers would have put both Glenn and Johnson in the top 30 in the NFL last year.

If you assume Witten will at least match last years numbers then you have 3 receivers in the top 30. One team, IND, did that last year, and only STL, GNB, CIN, KAN, and TEN had 2 in the top 30.

The major shortsight that the critics of our WRs have is that they feel that without a true stud it is impossible to have a prolific passing attack. I offer these statistics as evidence to the contrary.

If Glenn and Johnson provide their average production and Witten is able to simply reproduce his numbers from last season then OUR RECEVERS COMPARE FAVORABLY WITH THE RECEIVERS OF THE ELITE PASSING TEAMS IN THE NFL.

Additionally these statistics do not take into consideration contributing factors such as a healthy Jones' influence on the passing offence via play action nor the expected improvement we should see from Witten, Crayon and Copper nor whether Haley's work on Morgans hands will pay dividends nor the effect of an improved defense on our average starting field position.

Even Vinny versus Bledsoe is a virtual wash.

Wolverine I realize its your schtick to hate everything and that you and HH share the same brain but the lack of actual thought you put in your posts is simply depressing.
As is our receivers are good enough to have an elite passing attack this season.

Receivers in the draft are a dime a dozen. This year there was Edwards Williamson, Clayton and Williams, the year before Williams Fitzgerald, Williams and Clayton; the year before that Rogers and Johnson and Johson.

As for you baseless opinion that noone respects our receivers I am asking you for one shred of evidence to back this up. I counter that assertion with this evidence showing that these guys produce and DCs take notice of actual production not Wolverines selfaffirming tripe.

Who in God's name is this unretentive ****** bag??? I havent even commented on the subject and someone with 190 posts decides to use their 4 brain cells to concoct this whale of a post that somehow brings me into it. **** kid before you get in over your head. :banghead: :rolleyes:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Who in God's name is this unretentive ****** bag??? I havent even commented on the subject and someone with 190 posts decides to use their 4 brain cells to concoct this whale of a post that somehow brings me into it. **** kid before you get in over your head. :banghead: :rolleyes:

I don't know, but he's right regarding the lack of thought that Wolverine uses.

Or maybe that's all he's capable of using. In that case, I can't be mad at him.