Blockbuster draft day trade rumblings

Bowdown27

Reaction score
@ESPNNFL: RT @LRiddickESPN: Hearing rumblings of a potential draft day trade that could blow the top off of the draft involving the QB position.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are the skins trading up for another QB ?

Just hope for two things...

1.Jerry is not trading UP for a QB.

2. A QB Falls to us and another team gives us a big butt load of a trade to get said QB

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Normally, I would just dismiss this as ESPN traffic pandering, but Riddick has been in a front office before and undoubtedly has contacts in those circles still.

Then again, he could just another case of GMs using the media.

If I played along, I would think the teams that "don't have a need" at QB are Cincinnati, Kansas City, New England and yes, the Cowboys.

These are all teams who have no future QB on the roster, have QBs coming up for new deals or have franchise QBs nearing the end of the line.

reddyuta

Reaction score
watching sportscenter right now and mcshay is talking about us moving up,please dont do it jerry.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I hope Jerry doesn't do this, but McSchay said on ESPN that Manziel gets past the Browns (4th pick), he will probably drop. He could see Jerry trading to the Bills to get him which "would probably blow up twitter and twitter will probably be blown up again with what will happen with Romo." Hope it is a smokescreen.

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
I've got one single league contact (and an indirect one at that), and I heard about this last weekend. If it's the same thing I was told, yes it involves Manziel, and no it doesn't involve us.

Manziel is a really hot commodity right now, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't go top 4. #1 or 2 very much in play.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Romo isn't going anywhere. That contract is about as non-tradeable as you are ever going to get.

I hate when they post these "shocking rumor blah blah blah...." but never say who or what. Pure sensationalism.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I've got one single league contact (and an indirect one at that), and I heard about this last weekend. If it's the same thing I was told, yes it involves Manziel, and no it doesn't involve us.

Manziel is a really hot commodity right now, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't go top 4. #1 or 2 very much in play.

Then why not just tell us what you heard?

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Yes, why don't tell us. Which team was involved?

visionary

Reaction score
I hope Jerry doesn't do this, but McSchay said on ESPN that Manziel gets past the Browns (4th pick), he will probably drop. He could see Jerry trading to the Bills to get him which "would probably blow up twitter and twitter will probably be blown up again with what will happen with Romo." Hope it is a smokescreen.

Clearly mcshay reads reads CZ because I posted this in the "take your shot" thread yesterday that if JM falls to 10, Jerry will trade up to get him

The dollar signs are just too huge for Jerry to pass up the team be darned

Nirvana

Reaction score
If Manziel gets past Clevland then he could drop all the way to 16. That's going to be a lot of drama between 4 and 16 man.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
If Manziel gets past Clevland then he could drop all the way to 16. That's going to be a lot of drama between 4 and 16 man.

i would say if he gets past the BUCS @ #7 then ill really start to feel butterflies.