Blockbuster draft day trade rumblings

DFWJC

Reaction score
Trading for Ryan Mallett would be unusually stupid, even for the Texans. Didn't they learn their lessons about trading for other people's backups?

Oh well, it would put the Cowboys one step closer to Manziel.

I had heard NE wad wanting a 2nd and no team would give up more than a 3rd or 4th.
I guess if they got Houston's 3rd, that would basically be late 2nd.

Sonny Koufax

Reaction score
Drafting JFB would be the dumbest move Jerry Jones has even made. Nothing good can come from it. What happens the first time Romo throws a critical INT? You can trade or release Romo and basically waist 10's of millions of dollars that would essentially destroy your cap for years. This cannot and will not happen people. Nobody, other than Matt Millen, is that stupid.

I'm not wanting to draft JFF, but it would hardly be the dumbest move JJ has ever made.
First of all, there are too many other moves that JJ has pulled that could be #1.
Second, if Romo were to go down with another back injury (which is entirely possible) then having a
young player like JFF would pay off big time.
I'm a Romo fan, but we have to be realistic, he doesn't have too many years left. Yes, we can't trade him or sit him on the bench with all that money due, but i don't want to go through another QB drought like we did after Aikman.
So in conclusion, I'm not advocating drafting JFF, but I wouldn't be unhappy with it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
the interesting thing about this draft is that every single so called top pick seems to have warts of some kind. Except maybe the two top tackles. But Clowney is considered lazy; the qbs are all over the place; the WRs are not exactly over whelming; there are no so called great CBs (Claiborne was higher rated then any this year); RBs are no longer that important and none that great anyway; no monster DTs like Suh; LBs are mostly pedestrian; no great safety prospects. so it is going to come down to which teams over project who.

jimmy40

Reaction score
The team I heard was Philadelphia if Manziel gets to the back half of the top 10.

It would be a 1st and 2nd in 2014 and 1st in 2015. Philly would then flip Foles for two 1's or something close. They'd essentially come out ahead in picks and have a QB that fits more with their desired offense…assuming Manziel works out. Bird in the hand and all.

Please let it be Philly, I'll somehow figure out how to hate him more than I do now.

KB1122

Reaction score
I had heard NE wad wanting a 2nd and no team would give up more than a 3rd or 4th.
I guess if they got Houston's 3rd, that would basically be late 2nd.

There are exceptions, but most of the time, qbs who are going to win a Super Bowl are pushing for playing time by at least their second year. Given how little he has played, I'm deeply skeptical about him.

DuDa

Reaction score
Wouldnt even crack the top 10.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree then. I am for trying to find Romo's replacement but I don't want JFB to be that guy. That is the point I am trying to make.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
My Lord the draft CAN NOT get here soon enough.
you realise this is in reference to constant espn reporting . quit being so smug like i am introducing some idiotic tradescenario i dreamed up onto the forum.yes i know this won't* happen .but this is a football forum where you comment on football talk..so get of your pedestal

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's only a 41M cap hit to trade Romo. Unfortunately for the trade Romo crowd, the NFL will not allow the Cowboys to carry only 22 player on the roster which is the only way they could absorb the cap hit.

Exactly.

Yet some just keep ignoring the obvious.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you realise this is in reference to constant espn reporting . quit being so smug like i am introducing some idiotic tradescenario i dreamed up onto the forum.yes i know this won't* happen .but this is a football forum where you comment on football talk..so get of your pedestal

Just because there are stupid what if scenarios on ESPN, or other media, to generate views does nor mean one must parrot them on message boards. But if they do and even know they are stupid scenarios, one must expect the type of comments that are rooted in exasperation hoping the draft will get here to end the stupid scenarios.

Fredd

Reaction score
Just because there are stupid what if scenarios on ESPN, or other media, to generate views does nor mean one must parrot them on message boards. But if they do and even know they are stupid scenarios, one must expect the type of comments that are rooted in exasperation hoping the draft will get here to end the stupid scenarios.

this, absolutely this