Blockbuster draft day trade rumblings

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Just for giggles maybe it's the 49ers. Kapernick wants a 100 million dollar contract. They aren't so sure he deserves that. They package him, there 1st,2nd, 3rd to move up to 4. They still have 4 picks in the top 100 and save a ton of cap space over the next 4 years. The remaining 4 picks they can use for CB, WR, LB.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
If Manziel gets past Clevland then he could drop all the way to 16. That's going to be a lot of drama between 4 and 16 man.

Yeah could happen. I saw a mock that had Manziel dropping all the way to the Browns second first rounder (26). I don't see that happening.

Hardline

Reaction score
Anything being said by NFL management right now is a smokescreen .
Anything said by the media is unfounded speculation.
Turn off your TVs and radios until draft day fellas.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Manziel is not getting past 5. Yes, some teams hate him but there are enough teams that love him. Some team will move up and grab him early if he gets past Cleveland. All it takes is one GM...
JMO

KB1122

Reaction score
My theory over the past few days has been HOUSTON trading down with JACKSONVILLE. Jax goes to No. 1 and takes Clowney. Houston picks up Johnny Football at No. 3. I don't see that as a blockbuster, however.

If the Cowboys were going to trade up for Manziel, I'm guessing it would be to Jacksonville at No. 3. I was thinking we could "break a 20" by trading our second pick for a 3, 4, 6, then use a 1st, one third, and next year's first as a base for the trade. Then we could bundle our overflow of sevenths to gain back some of the lost trade value. This assumes that Houston goes Clowney and the Rams pass on JF.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Just more typical pre-draft nonsense. Happens every single year right before the draft. Everyone take a step back from the ledge.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
My theory over the past few days has been HOUSTON trading down with JACKSONVILLE. Jax goes to No. 1 and takes Clowney. Houston picks up Johnny Football at No. 3. I don't see that as a blockbuster, however.

If the Cowboys were going to trade up for Manziel, I'm guessing it would be to Jacksonville at No. 3. I was thinking we could "break a 20" by trading our second pick for a 3, 4, 6, then use a 1st, one third, and next year's first as a base for the trade. Then we could bundle our overflow of sevenths to gain back some of the lost trade value. This assumes that Houston goes Clowney and the Rams pass on JF.

I could be wrong, but I really don't think Bill O'Bryan wants Manziel. He likes big, strong prototypical pocket passers. Manziel is anything but that. But who knows, really.

KB1122

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I really don't think Bill O'Bryan wants Manziel. He likes big, strong prototypical pocket passers. Manziel is anything but that. But who knows, really.

Yeah, but Bob McNair might have a different opinion. Especially if the Cowboys are aiming to land him.

Just a couple more days. That's the fun of it.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
The team I heard was Philadelphia if Manziel gets to the back half of the top 10.

It would be a 1st and 2nd in 2014 and 1st in 2015. Philly would then flip Foles for two 1's or something close. They'd essentially come out ahead in picks and have a QB that fits more with their desired offense…assuming Manziel works out. Bird in the hand and all.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Just for giggles maybe it's the 49ers. Kapernick wants a 100 million dollar contract. They aren't so sure he deserves that. They package him, there 1st,2nd, 3rd to move up to 4. They still have 4 picks in the top 100 and save a ton of cap space over the next 4 years. The remaining 4 picks they can use for CB, WR, LB.

I like this theory, hopefully they trade up for Bortles though because i'd rather play him week 1.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

There is also the rumor that has been out there for a few weeks that Chip Kelly likes Manziel. He's done the unexpected before. Nobody saw the Jackson release coming. Riddick has ties to the Eagles organization, so that could be the hint.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The team I heard was Philadelphia if Manziel gets to the back half of the top 10.

It would be a 1st and 2nd in 2014 and 1st in 2015. Philly would then flip Foles for two 1's or something close. They'd essentially come out ahead in picks and have a QB that fits more with their desired offense…assuming Manziel works out. Bird in the hand and all.

The only thing is who is going to want Foles enough to give them what they want?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is also the rumor that has been out there for a few weeks that Chip Kelly likes Manziel. He's done the unexpected before. Nobody saw the Jackson release coming. Riddick has ties to the Eagles organization, so that could be the hint.

Maybe not an outright release but Jackson was rumored to be out of Philly for weeks prior to that move.