Blue and White scrimmage

Little Jr

Reaction score
The Patriots are actually meeting my standards, which you just acknowledged.

Thing is, they have always had a real head coach. Oops.
If the patriots are your standard, then no cowboy team has ever met your standard. The 70s cowboys or 90s cowboys didnt do what the pats have done over the past 18 years. The have more wins and appearances in 18 years than we have had over 58 years. They're doing in the cap era when it's not suppose to be done. We won't ever see this again.

With that said, I agree this fan base has lowered it standards. But they also HIGHLY overreact to a practice.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
fanatics are defined by their unwavering loyalty and uncritical devotion. They do not listen to dissent and are ever enthusiastic. Look up what the word means.
I know what the word means. I just think it differs if the person is an optimist or pessimist by nature.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I know what the word means. I just think it differs if the person is an optimist or pessimist by nature.

Sports fans are not fanatics. The term fan is derived from fanatic but the meanings have obviously diverged. Fanatics are defined by unwavering loyalty and blind devotion. It is what it is.

Sydla

Reaction score
This searing critique commentary on the drafted player would be so much more effective had you actually spelled the guys name correctly. Not just the first name which is Connor, but his last name is McGovern.

As a side note, once he is dominating the guard position for this team, does his nickname become The Governor?

I hope I am missing a joke here because I am pretty sure Risen didn’t think our new OG was named after a MMA fighter.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Sports fans are not fanatics. The term fan is derived from fanatic but the meanings have obviously diverged. Fanatics are defined by unwavering loyalty and blind devotion. It is what it is.
Loyalty and devotion can be expressed differently. Just because they don't plod along like obedient sheep doesn't mean they are not devoted or loyal. Everybody has their view on what's best. It is what it is.

Sydla

Reaction score
No. I made an observation.

Fact is that Cowboys fans were spoiled by Landry and Johnson and act like winning a playoff game is not an achievement because it is not the SB. It is rife amongst older fans.

I find it amazing that anyone around here thinks they are in a position claim another's argument as an excuse. You do understand that for something/one to be excused they have to be blamed or at fault for something right?

They have like 5 playoff wins in two decades. They are a bottom quarter of the league in terms of playoff success for two decades.

Think about that. One of the supposed greatest franchises in the NFL has been one of the worst post season teams over the last two decades.

But hey! One of those playoffs wins came last year so we got that!