Blue uniforms at home

Big_D

Reaction score
I'd much rather see blue at home. This way it's at least an 8-8 split instead of the 14-2 uniform split we get every year. I mean blue with silver pants is the sharpest uni in the league.. Get rid of those stupid all white color rush and the white pants. They over ruled the white helmet, it's time to move on.

foofighters

Reaction score
Sure whatever you say, not this year
Ok, how about their socks? Should we bring in a stylist as well? Maybe work on some manscaping. I mean the possibilities are endless. How about you bring over the latest issues of Cosmo and we can work on a fashion show...

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'm fine with the blue jerseys/silver pants or the throwback with white shoulders/white pants. I don't hate them, but I've never preferred the white jersey/teal pants. If we go white jersey I'd rather see the color rush uniform with white pants.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
How often do they were blue at home? Maybe once a season? I wasn't really remembering they ever did, but maybe they do once in a blue moon just to show the fans something different.
They NEVER wear blue at home. I've watched the Boys 47 1/2 seasons. I never saw them wear blue at home until the game against Tennessee this season. I couldn't believe my eyes it was so odd. Now granted I could have missed one or two in a half of a century and granted they have won some odd one-off unis on Thanksgiving here or there with blue shoulders. But those things aside they never do. I

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They NEVER wear blue at home. I've watched the Boys 47 1/2 seasons. I never saw them wear blue at home until the game against Tennessee this season. I couldn't believe my eyes it was so odd. Now granted I could have missed one or two in a half of a century and granted they have won some odd one-off unis on Thanksgiving here or there with blue shoulders. But those things aside they never do. I

That's what I thought too, but when I saw the post about this I thought maybe there was a stray game here or there that I don't recall. I'm with you on this - if it has ever happened at all it is very, very rare.

landroverking

Reaction score
can we never do that again, I love the white unis. Wearing blue at home just seems wrong. Only times I like wearing the blues are vs Wash at wash and vs NY at NY. Any other time is just to much
Pants color needs a change.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just make the unis charcoal grey with a light grey star...Reverse at home. :muttley:

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Replace the hideous aqua-green pants with the navy blue and I'd like the "white" uniforms much more than I do now. As it stands, the blue-jersey uniform looks hands-down the best.

Flamma

Reaction score
They really aren't. They haven't always been the color of the Cowboys pants. White has always been the color of the Cowboys home jerseys. The pants have at times been a dull gray, and a shiny almost silver, and the greenish tint.

From what I understand the pants were always a shade of green they called seafoam. But only because on television they appeared to be a shiny silver. So the intent was a shiny silver. As a kid in the late 70s early 80s I was taken aback by just how greenish those pants were when I saw them at Giants stadium.

The reason the Cowboys wore white at home was so that the fans at the stadium could see different colors every week. I wish I could remember what documentary about the Cowboys it was that gave me those two facts.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Most of the jerseys I have owned were blue. The home jerseys I have owned were Romo and Aikman.

I've always liked the home white uniforms. The Cowboys look great and you get to see the opposing teams home jerseys. Back in the 60's the Commanders were the first team to make Dallas wear their blue jerseys on the road. They felt that it made the Cowboys not look like the Cowboys and Dallas seemed to play worse in those uniforms. That was a long time ago and there are fewer and fewer of us who remember.
The blue is dark enough to draw a little focus from the helmet I suppose. I would guess that was what the Commanders went for.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what I understand the pants were always a shade of green they called seafoam. But only because on television they appeared to be a shiny silver. So the intent was a shiny silver. As a kid in the late 70s early 80s I was taken aback by just how greenish those pants were when I saw them at Giants stadium.

The reason the Cowboys wore white at home was so that the fans at the stadium could see different colors every week. I wish I could remember what documentary about the Cowboys it was that gave me those two facts.

I just read something on the pants. You are right that there was always a slight green tint, but it was always so subtle that they just appeared to be gray. But when Nike became the brand the NFL used for pants the greenish/turquoise tint became more pronounced and people could see it more.

Interesting about the reason for white at home. I always assumed it was to be different and to portray a good guy image.