Blue uniforms at home

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Apparently they've been transitioning to a darker navy blue because it sells better at retail
I always was curious to see what dark nay blue helmet, jersey and pants w. silver strips and stars would look like.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I love the whites and the whites were great at Texas Stadium but they should go navy for some kind of home field advantage. I know about the different colors, the heat, and how white represents good but now the Cowboys play most of the time in a dark dome where their navy uniforms could blend in with the stadium, midfield star, or endzone if the opponents are looking down the field.

Plus I am tired of seeing red, blue or green every year. Sometimes, I want to see navy blue and white.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Up8SopL.jpg

This is the blue helmet that matched the pants. It was uniquely Cowboys metallic blue.

CWR

Reaction score
The all white color rush unies aren't the same as the blue throwbacks that we would use with the white helmet. Color rush unis are basically a remake of the 1994 unies. I'll take the color rush over all of em. The grey accents and the big grey/blue stripe down the pants pretty much brings the whole thing together to match with the helmet. Cleanest unies in the league.
Cowboys(2)

Those look awesome as well.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I posted this earlier in this thread, and this is something I didn't know myself, but apparently the pants have always had a greenish/turquoise tint to them. It was actually Tex Schramm that decided that. But for years it was faint enough that it was hard to notice, and most people just saw them as gray. When Nike became the supplier, apparently their attempt to duplicate the color resulted in a more pronounced greenish tint, and that's what we have now.
How hard is it to come up with gray pants? It's one thing to have a greenish tint to them, it's another to look like you have sea weed on them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How hard is it to come up with gray pants? It's one thing to have a greenish tint to them, it's another to look like you have sea weed on them.

Tex Schramm wanted the green tint, and I guess Nike wasn't able to replicate the same shade. But I'm with you that it would be better to just skip the green altogether if they can't make it more subtle. I don't get the need to have it at all.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
That was a Landry and Johnson era deal. More loses with the Blues. Is it still the same?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
can we never do that again, I love the white unis. Wearing blue at home just seems wrong. Only times I like wearing the blues are vs Wash at wash and vs NY at NY. Any other time is just to much

My interest in what uniforms the Cowboys wear is Less than Zero...

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
The blue Unis are great the so-called iconic white uniforms suck.
The end.

Flamma

Reaction score
Tex Schramm supposedly wanted the fans to see the visitors in their home colors. The other reason I have heard was that, in early season games especially, it could be a billion degrees down on the field and the whites helped keep the Cowboys a few degrees cooler. Whatever the reason, the Cowboys in their white jerseys are simply iconic. I have never liked any version of the blues and I get uneasy when they don them. Too many years of watching them lose big games back in the ‘70s and ‘80s while in blue (including their first Super Bowl). The Dallas Cowboys belong in white, always, but most especially at home.

Yes. What I was watching stated as much. Otherwise the fans would see blue and white every week. But the other point makes a lot of sense too. But yeah, I don't ever need to see Dallas in blue ever again and it wouldn't bother me a bit. Even though I love that shade of blue over their older one.