BNA's QB surprise.

VoR

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Junk - all I am saying is this guy has a chance to earn a 1 year pass to play on the 3rd string this year. Long is a what his name says, "a long shot". But don't rub this guy off simply because he's not your average draft pick ... Sure, he's an unresricted free agent. And sure we traded a 3rd round pick for Henson, but there are no certainties.

This Long guy doesn't get much credit, but he's a Parcells prospect and Parcells could make a place for him - even if it meant cutting Henson. Those of you putting this past Parcells really make me giggle.

As if every position were etched in stone.

3rd string?????????
Didn't you just write he was a great prospect? Great prospects aren't 3rd stringers are they?
BTW, they never signed Dustin Long either - he was just a tryout, so much for your goofy hopes.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
This is not an anti-Henson thread. He is a legit QB prospect. This thread is for the realistic fans. Those who know that NO ONE is safe except Bledsoe, not even Henson.

If you don't like it, don't post in it.

No...it is an anti henson thread.

Sorry.

cowboyfreak

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
No...it is an anti henson thread.

Sorry.

If this is an anti-Henson thread then I just got bushwacked- I thought we we discussing a possible player here. ( I just happen to know him)

I am a Henson backer- I feel he should have played more at the end of last season and feel that he , with time, will take us where we want to go.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyfreak said:
If this is an anti-Henson thread then I just got bushwacked- I thought we we discussing a possible player here. ( I just happen to know him)

I am a Henson backer- I feel he should have played more at the end of last season and feel that he , with time, will take us where we want to go.

If you know Banned well enough....you what not have been bushwhacked. :)

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyfreak said:

We were discussing Long ... Everyone else can take it as a bashing Henson thread if they want. I seriously don't care.

Man, people are paranoid about this Henson guy. Bring up one player who has real potential and it's bashing Henson. :rolleyes:

I said he can beat out Henson or Romo ... I definitely think he'll beat out one of them.

This guy has better potential than Jason White from everything I've heard. Now I don't care who you are, if you're better than Jason White, you're pretty darn good. Jason White is a good prospect.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
We were discussing Long ... Everyone else can take it as a bashing Henson thread if they want. I seriously don't care.

Man, people are paranoid about this Henson guy. Bring up one player who has real potential and it's bashing Henson. :rolleyes:

I said he can beat out Henson or Romo ... I definitely think he'll beat out one of them.

This guy has better potential than Jason White from everything I've heard. Now I don't care who you are, if you're better than Jason White, you're pretty darn good. Jason White is a good prospect.

I could see him taking Romos job and not be shocked.
Just don't see it happening with henson because of JJ's man love of him.

Futhermore for you to even act like other people have bias vs henson, and you don't, even in this thread....is laughable.

So please, spare us the I am innocent of it stuff...may work on the newbies, won't work on most of us with a brain. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

LOL, with what your writing and the picture you are using of course your not bashing Henson. I would hope Long has more potential than White who has just been recently told to go to the AFL by Vermile. Let me guess you have this site mixed up with the Desperados site.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
I agree this guy has a chance to play on the 3rd string this year. I feel that is Romo's spot though.

Then you have a reason to root for the guy, Junky. Even Henson fans can get excited about Dustin Long. We should all be excited he's getting a shot in Dallas. He really is a great prospect.

As for Long getting credit, do some searching on my posts. I remember silverbear and myself both mentioning Dustin Long far before you came up with this great idea after seeing he got invited to camp.

What's your point? :confused:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
LOL, with what your writing and the picture you are using of course your not bashing Henson. I would hope Long has more potential than White who has just been recently told to go to the AFL by Vermile. Let me guess you have this site mixed up with the Desperados site.

LOL - I did not know that about White, but that is funny.

Lighten up guys!

This guy is a good prospect.

Sheesh, I'll remove the Henson sig pic for crying out loud!

No one is taking me serious when I really am.

And Brain, you're wrong buddy. I think being a mod has gotten to your head. :)

blindzebra

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

This would be the QB that Vermeil put his arm around, busted into tears, and said, "ARENA LEAGUE, SON."

You should really learn something about football, before you open your trap.:rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
LOL - I did not know that about White, but that is funny.

Lighten up guys!

This guy is a good prospect.

Sheesh, I'll remove the Henson sig pic for crying out loud!

No one is taking me serious when I really am.

And Brain, you're wrong buddy. I think being a mod has gotten to your head. :)

I hope Long comes in and shows some good things after all he will be going to camp with us and I pull for all our prospect to do good. Long is in the same boat as Romo both undrafted FA and that normally translates into longshot

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
This would be the QB that Vermeil put his arm around, busted into tears, and said, "ARENA LEAGUE, SON."

You should really learn something about football, before you open your trap.:rolleyes:

Are you serious?

I said he was a good prospect. Um ... he is a good prospect. Lots of people thought he may come to Dallas. Going to the Arena League your rookie year isn't a real bad thing for a guy who wasn't drafted.

Remember genius, we're talking about a guy who wasn't even drafted ... and we're talking about a guy who could take a #3 spot and eventually move up the roster. No one said he was going to beat out Bledsoe. :rolleyes:

Please try to keep up BlindZebra.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I hope Long comes in and shows some good things after all he will be going to camp with us and I pull for all our prospect to do good. Long is in the same boat as Romo both undrafted FA and that normally translates into longshot

~picking nose~

But BlindZebra told me that he's not competing with Romo and Henson, he's competing for the starting job against Drew Bledsoe. :confused:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
Are you serious?

I said he was a good prospect. Um ... he is a good prospect. Lots of people thought he may come to Dallas. Going to the Arena League your rookie year isn't a real bad thing for a guy who wasn't drafted.

Remember genius, we're talking about a guy who wasn't even drafted ... and we're talking about a guy who could take a #3 spot and eventually move up the roster. No one said he was going to beat out Bledsoe. :rolleyes:

Please try to keep up BlindZebra.

He may be a good prospect for college or the arena league...but he (white) was not a good prospect for the NFL...hence the reason he was not drafted and has yet to be signed as an undrafted rookie FA. :eek:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
~picking nose~

But BlindZebra told me that he's not competing with Romo and Henson, he's competing for the starting job against Drew Bledsoe. :confused:

I did not see where BZ said Long was competing to Bledsoe. I think Long is trying to just get a spot on the team or practice squad. I do not think for a moment that Henson job is on the line because of Long. On the other hand Romo has yet to sign.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I did not see where BZ said Long was competing to Bledsoe. I think Long is trying to just get a spot on the team or practice squad. I do not think for a moment that Henson job is on the line because of Long. On the other hand Romo has yet to sign.

This guy does not have any grasp on reality.

He also accused me of lying about being a Cowboys intern.

Isn't posting blatant untruths against the forum rules?

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
He may be a good prospect for college or the arena league...but he (white) was not a good prospect for the NFL...hence the reason he was not drafted and has yet to be signed as an undrafted rookie FA. :eek:

OK ... White went to the arena league. You speak as if he never accomplished anything in college. He's got bum legs. But he has potential and it's not like we're talking about guys who are very likely to make NFL rosters.

I'm talking about a guy who can earn a #3 spot.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
OK ... White went to the arena league. You speak as if he never accomplished anything in college. He's got bum legs. But he has potential and it's not like we're talking about guys who are very likely to make NFL rosters.

I'm talking about a guy who can earn a #3 spot.

I have never said any such thing to say he did not accomplish things in college....problem YOU are having is the idea that just because someone was a good college QB...does not make him a good prospect for the NFL.

Yes we are talking about 3rd string QBs on an NFL roster....yet white was universally thought as a non drafted rookie and has YET to sign with a NFL team as an undrafted rookie free agent.

So to keep arguing that he is a good prospect for an NFL team....is just fighting yourself because it is just not true at this time.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Geez. This guy is still going with the anti-Henson threads? If it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck...