Bob Hayes' Sister is a Fraud??? Wow...

MrMom

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2617318 said:
Wow, look at the letter.

I don't know if she's his sister or not, but you'd think that both of them would be able to spell Staubach correctly. UGH!

Well, if you believe McIntosh he says Hayes always thought of Dandy Don as his QB.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Oh, brother. Fish's article seems pretty damning with other siblings finally coming forward.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MrMom;2617324 said:
Well, if you believe McIntosh he says Hayes always thought of Dandy Don as his QB.
Well Staubach was one of his pallbearers, so they may have had a closer personal relationship than with Meredith.

That said, this is such a sad turn of events. The Hayes family should've resolved this B.S. a long time ago. Now they want to come out with all this self-righteous indignation. Pitiful.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
MrMom;2617324 said:
Which would make sense given that Hayes' prime years were '65-'69. Staubach didn't become the full time starter until midway through '71, if I'm correct.

He probably caught more passes and td's from Meredith and Morton than Staubach.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I think this is a case of someone somewhere afraid they are not going to get their slice of the "Bob Hayes Hall of Famer" pie.

Someone's worried they "Ain't gonna get mine."

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
dallascowboyfanboy;2617307 said:
Lucille was on Michael Irvin's radio show and she kept on pausing and hemming and hawing when she was asked why Hayes' family was coming out and questioning her claims as being Hayes' sister. She said she didnt know. Irvin seemed quite skeptical about her.

She should have just turned the tables on him and asked him about his new "car jacking" buddies.

:muttley:

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
But he wouldn't be able to spell Staubach's name correctly?

I wasn't even alive when Staubach was playing, and I can spell his name.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2617345 said:

But can you pronounce it?:p:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Some people just arent' good at spelling, so I don't put much stock into that. The bigger factor would be that signature.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score

I never even noticed that.

Hayes wouldn't make that mistake.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Roger gave Bob Hayes a job and helped him out after he was released from prison.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2617349 said:
Some people just arent' good at spelling, so I don't put much stock into that. The bigger factor would be that signature.

That might be true, but if they were really good friends during and after football, I think he'd be able to spell it. Just me, though.

And yeah, the signature is a much bigger factor. Was Hayes sick in late 1999? If so, that can really screw up a signature. (although I think it would make it more wobbly). My grandfather's handwriting quickly worsened after he got lymphoma, so much so that you couldn't recognize that he had written the letter.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2617319 said:
Why did I think this would all go smoothly??

Geez.

I hate this for Bob. This all could have been avoided by putting him in beofre he died, as he should have been.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2617338 said:
Well Staubach was one of his pallbearers, so they may have had a closer personal relationship than with Meredith.

While Meredith developed into somewhat of a recluse, Staubach was always there for Hayes. He was a character witness for Hayes before sentencing and tried to help him get back on his feet when he was released from prison.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2617338 said:

That said, this is such a sad turn of events. The Hayes family should've resolved this B.S. a long time ago. Now they want to come out with all this self-righteous indignation. Pitiful.

actually, if i understood my mother correctly, bob hayes was my uncle. you see, back in the day when he was playing my dad was talking sports with his friends and of course, the cowboys.

is it any wonder i love the team so when my dad raised me as such? : )

but my mom jumped into the conversation and tried to impress everyone by telling them that bob hayes was my dads brother.

guess she never actually watched the game but the looks on my dads face and his friends must have been priceless.

it would appear my mother was mistaken. : )

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2617352 said:
I never even noticed that.

Hayes wouldn't make that mistake.

Eh, she'll just say that she typed while Bob dictated. Con artists always cover their tracks.