Bob Sturm: Cowboys big three contracts around the corner

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Oh i know, you use the useless "yards given up" number and base your whole opinion on it. It is amazing.

I literally just watched him dominate McClaurin in week 14 last year and the only pass he gave up to him was when they were up 56-7 and Diggs was playing 10 yards off...that's 15 more!!!!!! You got him now!

I wonder how many of those he gave up last year considering they had a lot of blowouts both ways.....
I dunno?

Why don't ya get in the film room and let us know, champ!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember when our defense couldn't buy a turnover? But we had Byron Jones pretty much shutting down the other team's No.1 WR. We have years trying to find ways to increase turnovers. In fact, it's the main reason we hired Monte Kiffin and switch to Tampa 2. We now have a CB coming a season with more interceptions than any player in 40 years and many are ready to run him out of town for giving up too many yards. I will say it again if Diggs can give me X number of interceptions per year ( min 5-6 ), I don't care about the yards given up.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Actually just the opposite.........you have tunnel vision on CBs giving up yards. As mentioned earlier, IF the yards were so critical as you claim, why did coaches and players vote him to all ALL PRO? Hell, I actually agree he has a lot to improve but to minimize the impact of his interceptions is wrong, plain, and simple. The ALL PRO voting proves that.......

Yet WE are caught up on interception? OK to be wrong sometime, it happens.
Coaches vote on the All-Pro team, not players.

When the players were added to the vote Diggs was rated the 10th best CB.

I posted the post when the list came out that the players voted on for their top 10 CBs.

Ken

Reaction score
I dunno?

Why don't ya get in the film room and let us know, champ!
k, here you go.

Most of the completions and/or yardage he gave up was on crossing routes and or pick plays. Hardly his fault.

You will notice the 75 yarder Harris had for the saints was when he was picked then blocked and nobody tackled him. There's another 75 yards against him.

There other two td's he gave up, ya, a play where they faked a smoke screen and Theilen got behind him. The other, vs Denver where he had great coverage deep and the WR clearly pushes off.

You can bag on him all you want, and I know you will, but that was a pretty dang special season from Diggs. What a freaking talent.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of the 4 there is only 1 player who deserves big money and he's only played 1 year so far. Diggs is a very close 2nd guy who should take another step forward and earn a big contract but need to see him give up fewer big plays while still getting a decent amount of int's.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Coaches vote on the All-Pro team, not players.

When the players were added to the vote Diggs was rated the 10th best CB.

I posted the post when the list came out that the players voted on for their top 10 CBs.

OK.......validates my point even more

ESisback

Reaction score
You extend Lamb if he plays like a 1

I don’t overpay for Diggs

Micah gets a blank check

I agree! That said, I’m not gonna spend a minute worrying about something that may or may not happen a year or more in the future. LIVE IN THE NOW. is my motto!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
This is where teams find value for players they don't intend to pay. There's still trade value on the last year of the deal.

If you're skeptical about paying Ceedee or Diggs you seek a trade partner next year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
k, here you go.

Most of the completions and/or yardage he gave up was on crossing routes and or pick plays. Hardly his fault.

You will notice the 75 yarder Harris had for the saints was when he was picked then blocked and nobody tackled him. There's another 75 yards against him.

There other two td's he gave up, ya, a play where they faked a smoke screen and Theilen got behind him. The other, vs Denver where he had great coverage deep and the WR clearly pushes off.

You can bag on him all you want, and I know you will, but that was a pretty dang special season from Diggs. What a freaking talent.

I don't bag on him.

I like him.

I just don't think he's THAT great. He's a one trick pony. That one trick is good and all, but I need better from him all around.

What happens if he doesn't get INTs?

Xizor

Reaction score
all 3 have elite numbers.

they will get paid.

Likely the reason Coop, Collins, and RGreg are gone.
To be fair, Denver saved us on the Gregory deal because we almost signed him for too much. Denver also saved us with Dak in the draft too. Thank you Denver!! LOL!!

starfan1

Reaction score
they wouldn’t pay Amari (consensus too 10 guy) 75% of current rate, why would they pay Ceedee (not top 10) top five money (which is what he will want)? Oh yeah, because we have bozos in the FO.
I wouldn’t overpay Diggs either unless he follows up that 11 int year with another high INT season.
Because they don’t have another possibility waiting in the wings like the CeeDee/ Amari situation

who’s going to be the 1 if you let CeeDee walk certainly not Gallup

ghst187

Reaction score
Because they don’t have another possibility waiting in the wings like the CeeDee/ Amari situation

who’s going to be the 1 if you let CeeDee walk certainly not Gallup

Turpin,Tobin, Vasher, Simi? /s

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Remember when our defense couldn't buy a turnover? But we had Byron Jones pretty much shutting down the other team's No.1 WR. We have years trying to find ways to increase turnovers. In fact, it's the main reason we hired Monte Kiffin and switch to Tampa 2. We now have a CB coming a season with more interceptions than any player in 40 years and many are ready to run him out of town for giving up too many yards. I will say it again if Diggs can give me X number of interceptions per year ( min 5-6 ), I don't care about the yards given up.

If you have an offense that you think can capitalize off the turnovers...Diggs' INT's are legit game changers. Even more so in Playoffs.

But if your offense is mediocre or bad Diggs might not be worth the contract. Flipping him for FRPs might be more ideal.

But...giving up big plays are game changers too.

Ken

Reaction score
I don't bag on him.

I like him.

I just don't think he's THAT great. He's a one trick pony. That one trick is good and all, but I need better from him all around.

What happens if he doesn't get INTs?
If people keep throwing at him, he is going to get picks.

If they don't...then he will be deemed a "shutdown corner".

Win Win.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If people keep throwing at him, he is going to get picks.

If they don't...then he will be deemed a "shutdown corner".

Win Win.
Yeah.

That's not really how it works.

We'll see this season though if it's a fluke or not.