Bob Sturm on Mazi Smith

CCBoy

Reaction score
"#1 on Bruce Feldman's Freak List" was basically Mazi's entire resume at Michigan. He was a zero on the field, and he didn't back those numbers up with the little Pro Day testing he did.

Now one year later, he's done nothing as a rook, and we're back to bringing up the old magazine article again. I wonder if that's all Mazi will ever have.
That what one believes, just go draft a trashcan full of dirt.

ghst187

Reaction score
dont think anyone wants him to fail. I think its how horrible he looked and the fact that we left better palyers on the board. I hated the entire draft except the 3rd pick one of the worst in some time
Agree!

CCBoy

Reaction score
We sure did kill it with those first two picks last year. Could the picks of Mazi and Schoonmaker be the two worst picks of the 1st and 2nd round combined ever?
There is more to football than complaining whether a player already is Pro Bowl talent after a single year adapting to professional levels of strength and speed of techniques.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I mean sure it's too early to give up but it's also disconcerting that he didn't show much as a rookie. The same thing happened with Taco, who after his rookie year, people kept saying be patient, he's raw, etc.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out like Taco.
I really don't know here, I'm fond of a carne guisada taco.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
There is more to football than complaining whether a player already is Pro Bowl talent after a single year adapting to professional levels of strength and speed of techniques.
But if one does want to complain a Cowboys message board would be the place to do it. And believe me, there’s plenty to complain about.

CCBoy

Reaction score
But if one does want to complain a Cowboys message board would be the place to do it. And believe me, there’s plenty to complain about.
Alright, here you go...you want a strong coach, get one that stands up to Jerry on what he already knows about. If he doesn't, he really isn't strong enough to handle his own team.

pitt33

Reaction score
Yall want Mazi to be a bust so bad lol. Truly a sickness. This fan sickness must be Jerry's fault too
That’s stupid.

Nobody wants him to flame out.

The young man even said he doesn’t like football.

No heart.

Less effort.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Alright, here you go...you want a strong coach, get one that stands up to Jerry on what he already knows about. If he doesn't, he really isn't strong enough to handle his own team.
I agree. If Jerry fires MM and brings in the hoodie I’ll know he’s truly committed to winning.

CCBoy

Reaction score
1st or 2nd chair?
Smart mouth, how many times have you been shot at before leaving high school...I was born in 1949. Your lame butt desn't understands real life or football...but supposedly have attitude. Let's go to the ring and I'm past 75. Get back to your ignorant self now. Insult me and let's go! :popcorn:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And those unwilling to say it like it is are nothing but Jerry Minions

Mazi had shown nothing so far; but the idea is to give a guy three years
Bottom line you expect a first rd pick to contribute seriously in his first year and all Mazi has done is fill space
"Give him 3 years" should *not* mean *play* him 3 years as an apprentice DT.

We've gotten better play out of random cast off DTs we picked out of the garbage bin. Let a guy develop, let him into the rotation, but play a competent player as your primary player in the meantime.