Bob Sturm on Mazi Smith

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Sure Mazi maybe great in 2-3 years. The thing is, during the war room video McClay is TELLING JJ that he will contribute DAY 1. He will be a "starter" stop the run and "contribute" right away. Those are his words go look it up.

Now imagine you have LaPorta and Ferguson as your 2 TE's in that game. Maybe your gameplan would look like GB's and your running game would flourish.

This was a failure by what was stated by our personnel department, they weren't looking for a project. We could have got help on the o-line.

morat1959

Reaction score
There's no on field play from anybody we draft that would make me call them a bust in year 1. I hated Joseph before, during and after the draft. I didn't call him a bust year 1 and he was a premium pick. And if you know anything about this website and are honest you know if most posters predict something they want to be right.
It’s not a prediction. You can’t fix what’s wrong with Mazi.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I'm sorry but this dude showed nothing and is a surefire bust. The one thing he was supposed to be good at, he was awful at. Don't really care about the learning curve. 'Big and strong and fast' shouldn't get routinely destroyed. At some point, those natural skills should show in some form or fashion but they didn't--not once.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
It’s not a prediction. You can’t fix what’s wrong with Mazi.
I already know how this will go. Mazi will improve. Get about 3 sacks have a pff grade around 60-70 amd the goalposts will go from bust to still not worth a 1st. I know how you sickos operate.

morat1959

Reaction score
I'm sorry but this dude showed nothing and is a surefire bust. The one thing he was supposed to be good at, he was awful at. Don't really care about the learning curve. 'Big and strong and fast' shouldn't get routinely destroyed. At some point, those natural skills should show but they didn't--once.
Some here have blinders on or they’re not equipped to see what’s right in front of their eyes.

morat1959

Reaction score
I already know how this will go. Mazi will improve. Get about 3 sacks have a pff grade around 60-70 amd the goalposts will go from bust to still not worth a 1st. I know how you sickos operate.
So now you are predicting. Lol clueless!

quickccc

Reaction score
I'll await to see what the new DC approach is with Mazi.

I had thought it may have been wrong timing with Leon Lett departure since Lett's coaching expertise
was teaching DTs how to get off the snap count quickly and first step get off.

Mazi would not have lost his weight by his choice as he would have been fined in accordance to the team's
weight expectations policies. Would have to strongly assume that was coaches requesting him do so.

But we drafted him as a part of that tonnage and bulk that contributed to help making him regarded as a top DT run stuffer.

morat1959

Reaction score
My prediction is based on my history of posting here. Yall like to be right more than you are Cowboy fans.
Your history of posting here means nothing. Have you ever competed, coached or scouted on any level in any competitive sport?