Twitter: Bobby Belt: $32M is CeeDee floor?

Flamma

Reaction score
Just get Dak and CD done and worry about next year with Micah. Whatever happens next year it's next year's problem. It's the best thing we can do at this point.
For some reason I don't think that's going to happen. Not for the reason you're thinking either. That's two huge contracts in the same year. If they wanted to do that, they should have done that with Diggs and Lamb, not Dak and Lamb.

Just for fun I took a look at the contracts Justin Jefferson and Trevor Lawrence got. They total around 300 million in guaranteed money. That's got to go in a special account the Jones boys can't touch. Even billionaires probably don't have that kind of cash just laying around next to the night stand.

No doubt they have money put aside specifically to cover guaranteed money. But 300m worth?

Yobwocs

Reaction score
For some reason I don't think that's going to happen. Not for the reason you're thinking either. That's two huge contracts in the same year. If they wanted to do that, they should have done that with Diggs and Lamb, not Dak and Lamb.

Just for fun I took a look at the contracts Justin Jefferson and Trevor Lawrence got. They total around 300 million in guaranteed money. That's got to go in a special account the Jones boys can't touch. Even billionaires probably don't have that kind of cash just laying around next to the night stand.

No doubt they have money put aside specifically to cover guaranteed money. But 300m worth?
Fair point but we're not paying that all at once. Not sure how they're gonna get this all done but I think it is possible they sign them both in the same year.

John813

Reaction score
32mil AAV?
that's it?

Sign the dude lol.

The Jones duo are cheap in FA, but hand out signing bonuses to their core without issue.

A lot of the guaranteed money for Lawrence is salary/option bonuses which is spread out over years. Lawrence only received 37mil up front.
Jefferson only received 37mil up front.

Prescott received a 66mil signing bonus.

Flamma

Reaction score
Fair point but we're not paying that all at once. Not sure how they're gonna get this all done but I think it is possible they sign them both in the same year.
What I'm saying is, all, 100% of the guaranteed money has to be put into a separate account. The player doesn't get it all at once, but the account does. I forget what the time table is, but it isn't long after the guarantees are signed. It's just something us fans rarely think about.

Now think of both contracts big cap hits striking at the same time. They're going to have to somehow stagger them. I just don't think they are paying both Lamb and Dak. I'm not a big Dak fan as you've probably noticed. But if they pay Lamb and let Dak walk, that's akin to buying new tires and selling your engine.

cowboyec

Reaction score
it sure does look like they don't have a plan.
with each passing day the numbers go up...not down.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Remember when everyone thought Amari's 20 million contract was a bad deal? You blink and now it's an average WR1 salary. Ceedee's contract won't look that scary in a couple years, but waiting is a tactic the Jones boys have chosen, but when you do it with great players you're risking someone else driving the market higher and relations with that player. You can't rollover for everyone, but the Cowboys should take care of their franchise players earlier.

Next thing you know we'll turn around and resign Osa for 20 million a year touting it a team friendly deal for a top end player.

Just get a deal done with Ceedee boys...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember when everyone thought Amari's 20 million contract was a bad deal? You blink and now it's an average WR1 salary. Ceedee's contract won't look that scary in a couple years, but waiting is a tactic the Jones boys have chosen, but when you do it with great players you're risking someone else driving the market higher and relations with that player. You can't rollover for everyone, but the Cowboys should take care of their franchise players earlier.

Next thing you know we'll turn around and resign Osa for 20 million a year touting it a team friendly deal for a top end player.

Just get a deal done with Ceedee boys...
+1.......So true, imagine how much they could have saved doing CeeDee deal 2 years ago.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'll never understand why his deal wasn't done months ago.

Are the Cowboys intentionally trying to screw this up like they did with #4's rookie contract?
Play tough as long as possible, crack at the last moment, deadlines are the best times to make deals with this team per Jerry. Not sure why you don't understand

Bagman

Reaction score
+1.......So true, imagine how much they could have saved doing CeeDee deal 2 years ago.
True, but after having that great season last year, CeeDee would be holding out now for more money. Players aren't dumb. Imagine if Lamb was "only" making $24 million a year. He'd look at some of the newer contracts and feel " disrespected".

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
True, but after having that great season last year, CeeDee would be holding out now for more money. Players aren't dumb. Imagine if Lamb was "only" making $24 million a year. He'd look at some of the newer contracts and feel " disrespected".
Lol lol lol people don't realize this. Get a new deal, a few years, they need more like damn honor your deal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'll never understand why his deal wasn't done months ago.

Are the Cowboys intentionally trying to screw this up like they did with #4's rookie contract?
I’m starting to think so. I’ve preached it all year there should’ve been a decision made on Lamb and Dak by now. Get the deal done or explore your options trading them and have their replacements ready. They’ve done neither.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How frequent does that happen? Daniel Jones gets 40 million a year just like Dak does and he never held out for disrespect. Typically these guys wait a few years before they ask for a better deal. Zack Martin waited years.