Twitter: Bobby Belt: $32M is CeeDee floor?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
What I'm saying is, all, 100% of the guaranteed money has to be put into a separate account. The player doesn't get it all at once, but the account does. I forget what the time table is, but it isn't long after the guarantees are signed. It's just something us fans rarely think about.
Guaranteed money can be spread out as far as the contract, but will eventually all be paid. Signing bonus is paid immediately, I believe but the cap hit can also be spread.

Flamma

Reaction score
Guaranteed money can be spread out as far as the contract, but will eventually all be paid. Signing bonus is paid immediately, I believe but the cap hit can also be spread.
Yes. This is what I am saying. If I fully guarantee you 50M over 5 years, you get that paid over a span of years. But I have to put all of that guaranteed money in a sperate account the second you sign that deal. Not over time. It has to sit there waiting for you.

Forneymike

Reaction score
For some reason I don't think that's going to happen. Not for the reason you're thinking either. That's two huge contracts in the same year. If they wanted to do that, they should have done that with Diggs and Lamb, not Dak and Lamb.

Just for fun I took a look at the contracts Justin Jefferson and Trevor Lawrence got. They total around 300 million in guaranteed money. That's got to go in a special account the Jones boys can't touch. Even billionaires probably don't have that kind of cash just laying around next to the night stand.

No doubt they have money put aside specifically to cover guaranteed money. But 300m worth?
They also have to put into an account 445 million for the direct tv settlement until that is completely litigated.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes. This is what I am saying. If I fully guarantee you 50M over 5 years, you get that paid over a span of years. But I have to put all of that guaranteed money in a sperate account the second you sign that deal. Not over time. It has to sit there waiting for you.
And you think the Cowboys and Jerry have a issue doing this?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
How frequent does that happen? Daniel Jones gets 40 million a year just like Dak does and he never held out for disrespect. Typically these guys wait a few years before they ask for a better deal. Zack Martin waited years.
They also wait for the right situation. Zeke was a textbook example and now Lamb is almost in the same place. They became so important to the offense and had no replacements behind them that the threat of a holdout would kill the season if they did. It got Zeke paid mightily.

gtb1943

Reaction score
They also have to put into an account 445 million for the direct tv settlement until that is completely litigated.
Yeah while I think jethro can get the money he will actually have to sweat a bit to do it and he probably will not just because of that
You are talking overall three quarters of a billion dollars and that aint hay

bandfan

Reaction score
Why does everyone seem to think these player's agents are just standing around begging to get a deal done...? As far as timing of payments, I wonder how much impact paydays from the NFL impact those decisions. Cash flow still important even with the big money people...

gtb1943

Reaction score
Why does everyone seem to think these player's agents are just standing around begging to get a deal done...? As far as timing of payments, I wonder how much impact paydays from the NFL impact those decisions. Cash flow still important even with the big money people...
sure cash flow is always a consideration but there is no way that is a real worry for Jehtro
when you have a net worth of double digit billions a few hundred million is not going to be all that hard to get.

Flamma

Reaction score
And you think the Cowboys and Jerry have a issue doing this?
I'm sure they have accounts set aside specifically for this. It's just a lot of money all at once. I wouldn't be surprised if it took them by surprise. Or if they just don't want to put that much money on hold. I've requested their account information on multiple occasions. They have yet to get back to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm sure they have accounts set aside specifically for this. It's just a lot of money all at once. I wouldn't be surprised if it took them by surprise. Or if they just don't want to put that much money on hold. I've requested their account information on multiple occasions. They have yet to get back to me.
Why would they have an issue with this? They just woke up one day and realized this? They knew this day was coming which is why they let Zeke and Amari go. This day didn’t catch them by surprise.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's just a lot of money all at once. I wouldn't be surprised if it took them by surprise.
Maybe.....One atty on X implied that every team was likely warned at the beginning that the decision could go either way because class action suits by juror trials are unpredictable. In other words, prepare for the worst. Don't think for a second they aren't scared to death because this ruling puts their anti-trust exemption in jeopardy. It's why another atty suggested the league is unlikely to appeal this to the Supreme Court if they lose the first two rounds of appeals. They would rather settle and have some control than lose a SC decision and no control.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why would they have an issue with this? They just woke up one day and realized this? They knew this day was coming which is why they let Zeke and Amari go. This day didn’t catch them by surprise.
I agree here ....these are multi-billionaires with teams of advisors covering every angle of the finances/businesses. I'm not sure they are ever caught off guard by a threat to the business, the impact maybe but not the threat.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Trade him, I guess. He must be worth a few firsts. Probably going to need a few firsts to package up to select Dak's replacement. The new rookie QB can throw to nobody but it will be OK because of the strong running game.

John813

Reaction score
If Jerry & Stephen are worried about guaranteed money they must of followed r/wallstreetbets for financial advice.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Just get Dak and CD done and worry about next year with Micah. Whatever happens next year it's next year's problem. It's the best thing we can do at this point.
Its amazing that the Davidians can't see that Dak does not want to be back . You are all quick to blame Jerry and chuckles , maybe start using your brains ..

CD's mom and Micah's bro pointed some serious fingers after the GB debacle .
Tad then got his panties all wadded up as usual .
Throw in limp wristed France telling Dak he should be paid #1 and test the market ...

And here we are ..

Dak is gone, but not because dumbo and his kid want him to be . Dak is gone, because he can't handle the heat and wants to be paid elsewhere without the pressure . Thank you Dak !!

Its going to be a long season for the most devout davidians