Twitter: Bobby Belt: "I Feel Like Amari Cooper is Gone"

ghst187

Reaction score
You don't agree that he lead the team in receiving yards or yards per catch?

That’s not the def of a #1. CD is vastly better at the 2 and slot. CD had a much easier time getting open when Amari is playing.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s not the def of a #1. CD is vastly better at the 2 and slot. CD had a much easier time getting open when Amari is playing.

So, a #1 has to line-up in a particular spot and run particular routes? CD can line-up anywhere. I can't even believe this is a discussion. The problem in Dallas on offense is the QB not the wrs.

ghst187

Reaction score
So, a #1 has to line-up in a particular spot and run particular routes? CD can line-up anywhere. I can't even believe this is a discussion. The problem in Dallas on offense is the QB not the wrs.
I agree the QB is the problem but ditching the best WR on the team Is a dumb solution

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree the QB is the problem but ditching the best WR on the team Is a dumb solution

Well, we can't pay everyone and Amari wasn't nearly good enough this year to justify paying him 20M next year. We save 16+M cutting him.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I said he stops caring when things aren't going well - and yes, many WRs zone out when they don't get the ball. Dez used to coast unless he knew the ball was coming his way, Brown became uninterested in football when he wasn't the #1 guy, Moss literally pouted on the bench and refused to run routes in Oakland because of similar things. They go together.

Amari seems to lose focus easily and it's why he has had some of the worst drops recorded in the past like 15 years or so. Only Braylon Edwards has had worse seasons.

What's the last bad drop he's had for this team and what were his stats in that game? Amari is known to be anti diva. Moss is a HOFer, Brown very well could be and was the most productive WR in the league for years. Dez had a good career that was shortened. Braylon Edwards played for the Browns man, nobody wants to be there and boy you're reaching on that.

Amari Cooper has been to the pro bowl 4 out of 7 seasons and has had 1000 + yards 5 out of those 7. I hurt and this season with us. Yeah, I think he made a few more catches and pro bowls than Edwards and Dez. Might want to get the ball his way more often.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This would make sense, however nothing has shown me that CeeDee can be a number 1 WR

QB inepto doesn't need a # 1 WR for his 1-yard passes or his 5 yards TE posts.
Get him another TE and Beasley type WR and he's good to go....

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Moving Cooper expecting Lamb to assume a #1 role is not the answer. The staff needs to figure out how to get the best out of Cooper and make it a priority to feature him like other #1s around the league. That falls on coaching, Dak and Cooper himself. They need to figure it out.

I'd see what the FA market says about Gallup and Wilson before I offer them a contract. I'm fine with letting both walk and drafting a WR in the first three rounds. Bring Turner back as a 4th WR.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Nah.. It doesn’t matter. If we had a QB that could throw it would matter. We don’t.

Don’t waste resources on a player your QB can’t get the ball to.

We need to build a team that can overcome a QB that goes into a shell in big games.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score

Coop saved the Cowboys season when they traded for him. Balled out, got paid, now I feel like he's a goner :(

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I don't think Cooper gets 20 million on the open market. That is his base salary for next season. Doesn't seem to be worth 20 million for this tam either. Ask him to take a pay cut or let him walk. I am sure he would reject the pay cut so basically you gotta let him walk. Start building a dominant O line again. Draft a running back. Get back to grinding it out, make it as QB friendly as humanly possible and hope your 40 million dollar QB can get the job done by giving his easy play action passes on 3rd and short.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I can see it. Cut Cooper to save cap space, Gallup is too pricey for them so they use ANOTHER first round pick on a WR to pair with Lamb.
Gallop won't be as pricey coming off the torn ACL...but the flip side is do you want to take a chance he comes back the same.....and since the injury was late in the season would he even be ready for the start of next season....Cowboys will either ask Cooper to take a pay cut or restructure him...but i don't see them letting him go next season

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I'm fine with that but you still need a QB who can consistently throw to a WR 1 and allow them to make plays.
That’s why I’m in favor of drafting OL early - even if we get rid of Dak down the road, that quality OL play will benefit us regardless:
It will allow Dak/Future QB to find open receivers AND open up the run game.

You don’t necessarily need a Calvin Johnson to win. Just guys that get open and a QB that can deliver the ball.

X550i

Reaction score
LOL, this team hasn't won squat the past 25 years and fans are worried about salary and cost.
This team needs as much talent as it can get, and you'll are worried about saving Jerry's money. :facepalm:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What's the last bad drop he's had for this team and what were his stats in that game? Amari is known to be anti diva. Moss is a HOFer, Brown very well could be and was the most productive WR in the league for years. Dez had a good career that was shortened. Braylon Edwards played for the Browns man, nobody wants to be there and boy you're reaching on that.

Amari Cooper has been to the pro bowl 4 out of 7 seasons and has had 1000 + yards 5 out of those 7. I hurt and this season with us. Yeah, I think he made a few more catches and pro bowls than Edwards and Dez. Might want to get the ball his way more often.

I didn't call him a "diva" in the sense you are thinking. This is a consistent criticism of him across two teams.