Video: Bobby Belt on 105.3: McCarthy most likely coming back

Zordon

Reaction score
Cowboys insider Bobby Belt says the FO is leaning towards bringing the gang back together for one more run.

I find it interesting that these three hosts interview McCarthy every week on the Coach's Show and have become very friendly with him. Yet, they are even calling for his head and visibly disgusted in this segment.

Last edited:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I expected this but it’s amazing that guys like Irvin and some pretty smart former players are saying “blow it up” and Gomer and son are going to run it back without Quinn and act like it’s fixed. Jerry admitted Sunday that his handling of Garrett was wrong…keeping him so long..and that he thinks about that. So basically he’s going to do the same

Zordon

Reaction score
I expected this but it’s amazing that guys like Irvin and some pretty smart corner players are saying “blow it up” and Gomer and son are going to run it back without Quinn and act like it’s fixed. Jerry admitted Sunday that his handling of Garrett was wrong…keeping him so long..and that he thinks about that. So basically he’s going to do the same
Interesting. He said this in the postgame? I've avoided all the postgame media.

Sydla

Reaction score
Cowboys insider Bobby Belt says the FO is leaning towards bringing the gang back together for one more run.

Interesting that these three hosts interview McCarthy every week and have become very friendly with him. Yet, they are even calling for his head and visibly disgusted in this segment.

The "lets run it back one more time" logic has worked wonders for Jerry in the past.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
He’s likely right but it’s funny hearing him talk so much now…last week he was on the radio saying there was no way Green Bay can beat the cowboys even if the cowboys played 70% of their best game that we would win.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Jerry doesn’t wanna to admit a mistake.. did the same thing with garret. We could be the 1 seed next year have a bye and would you trust this team?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Bobby Belt knows jack and s.

He was shocked and dismayed when Jaylon Smith was let go.

Reactions: JPM

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expected this but it’s amazing that guys like Irvin and some pretty smart former players are saying “blow it up” and Gomer and son are going to run it back without Quinn and act like it’s fixed. Jerry admitted Sunday that his handling of Garrett was wrong…keeping him so long..and that he thinks about that. So basically he’s going to do the same
lol. Jones knew he kept Garrett too long after three straight 8-8 seasons. He could have pulled the trigger on Garrett just as 'quickly' as he did Dave Campo after three consecutive 5-11 seasons.

Jones sought to prove to the world he had found his head coaching protege and time would ultimately prove it. That is why Garrett lasted as long as he did.

Thorn

Reaction score
I truly don’t know what the answer is. Fire the staff and start over, which we have done multiple times with the same end result. Let the staff come back and get the same result.
The only way any of this changes is for the fans to become outraged and do more than get on social media to complain. Fans have to quit buying tickets to games, quit purchasing merchandise, etc. Jerry only understands money and will not change until he is losing money.