Recap: Bobby Belt on Kelvin Joseph

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Makes me wonder how he even lasted this long in college.I guess everything catches ^ 2 us as we get older and we either change or we stay the same.
I dunno, I hope the best but it doesn't take a genius to see the disfunction. There are tons of factors as to how a person develops and it's not always fair or proper. Hopefully he takes things more serious and performs.

I look at it like an employee. Do your job or you're gone. I typically don't care about off the field matters because I think it's idiotic to hold players as role models, but there's no excuse for some.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I dunno, I hope the best but it doesn't take a genius to see the disfunction. There are tons of factors as to how a person develops and it's not always fair or proper. Hopefully he takes things more serious and performs.

I look at it like an employee. Do your job or you're gone. I typically don't care about off the field matters because I think it's idiotic to hold players as role models, but there's no excuse for some.
that simple. AGREE.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
And they went right back to the same well yet again in the 2nd round this year.

Sam Williams seems nothing like Joseph. If you're talking about Williams' off-the-field issue, the ex that accused him had actually accused another boyfriend of the same thing. So it's more like she was the issue, rather than hiim.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So was he faking being upset?
Not actually about to cry, that was an exaggeration. But he was taken aback, almost shocked, and thought it was a big mistake.

This at the same time most of us were celebrating because we knew Smith was worthless (or worse).

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Not actually about to cry, that was an exaggeration. But he was taken aback, almost shocked, and thought it was a big mistake.

This at the same time most of us were celebrating because we knew Smith was worthless (or worse).
Ok, I'm not sure if that's significant or not, but I gotcha.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Sam Williams seems nothing like Joseph. If you're talking about Williams' off-the-field issue, the ex that accused him had actually accused another boyfriend of the same thing. So it's more like she was the issue, rather than hiim.
I feel like that sort of thing is much more common these days.

plymkr

Reaction score
The last part of your post was my point in barging into this thread. Lots of people were predisposed to thinking negatively about Joseph the minute after we drafted him as soon as they found out he also had an interest in rapping. That's why I brought up the outrage around here of him not being at practice last year only to find out it was excused because he wanted to attend a funeral. That was proof positive of where people stood before he did anything on the field. People in the media are paid to study consumer sentiment and make their money by speaking to it so if they know there's a ton of people that really, really want to believe something, I wouldn't put it past them to do stories in reverse, i.e., "let me see if I can find out there what people want to hear," and thus "sources" are found. Some can be true of course but the landscape of media itself isn't some pristine thing as we all know. Heck, this story itself is in the rear view. As someone else just said, where is Joseph's mind and attitude now if this was true?
Yeah I can see were "journalists" can reverse engineer stories for clicks. Now it's on KJ to shut everyone up who either wants him to fail or hopes he fails due to whatever predisposed belief they have about him. This season he needs to get on the field and produce so all of us can discuss his success on the defense. Unfortunately for KJ is the only thing he's given us to discuss is the pre-draft report of his immaturity. KJ can change all that by given us some production that we can discuss. What did John Madden say about winning and deodorant? It's on KJ right now to smell good.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I agree that those laws could be used against him, but if he is in full cooperation with the authorities now, I doubt that they would. Prosecuting attorneys cut deals all the time in order to put away those who are responsible for the worst part of crimes.

That's true. Thing is, they have video evidence linking all the suspects as well as the law of parties and failure to report. They made arrests and cited, "anonymous," testimony the day after KJ talked. Yeah, he's likely got a very good attorney but I don't see how they even need his testimony once the others confessed to the crime.

Not being an innocent bystander does not mean that he intended or even hinted that he wanted the person he fought with to be shot. You seem to be assuming some level guilt here, maybe just because he has millions. That doesn't make him guilty. I prefer to see it play out rather than condemn him for his money or even for choosing to be there.

I grant that he may not have wanted it to escalate but we have as much evidence for that as him being a shooter or ordering it to happen. I think you're misinterpreting my point about him being a millionaire. I'm not condemning him for his money, I'm addressing the fact that he was the wealthiest individual in the group and is most likely to be the, "leader," of whatever group he hangs out with from back home.

I have a hard time believing the professional athlete who glorifies himself in song was in a subservient role or even seen as an equal in that car.

Many here seem to believe in guilty until proven innocent. I agree that he is guilty of not reporting the crime immediately, but who knows if he would eventually have reported it even if he had not been ID'd. Having never been involved in a murder, I don't presume to know what a person's thought process would be. He made several bad choices that night, but that's all we really know that he did. Hopefully, if his role in this was nothing more than being in the vehicle, it will at least cause him to make better choices.

"Innocent until proven guilty," isn't the issue. The issue here is Joseph being a privileged member of society. As others have noted, it's good to have the money to pay attorneys. Earlier I posted a story of a drive-by in Jackson County. There was 1 gun inside and police arrested all 3 people because... law of parties.

As regards Joseph getting the benefit of the doubt, staying quiet for a month until his face was on the nightly news is enough for me. As regards him learning and growing and all that, people can do that while still accepting the responsibility of their actions.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Makes me wonder how he even lasted this long in college.I guess everything catches ^ 2 us as we get older and we either change or we stay the same.

I would say his experiences in college likely reinforced the idea that he can do whatever and people don't care as long as he can defend a few passes and maybe get an interception.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Mick Shots: Start Of Camp Around The Corner

Time To Compete: The is the directive for Cowboys 2021 second-round draft choice Kelvin Joseph heading into his second NFL training camp this this: Compete for playing time at the cornerback position. Compete to possibly start at some point during this 2022 season. There has been a lot of speculation over his availability after being a passenger in a car from where a fatal drive-by shooting took place late March in Dallas. But from I've learned, Joseph, who was not involved in the shooting, has been cleared by Dallas County officials, being truthful and forthcoming during the investigation, and remember he never was arrested or charged with anything. Now as for the NFL, that is a different matter, and its movement is at glacier speeds when coming to incidents such as this. The Cowboys have stood firm on the issue that the 22-year-old is good to go from a legal standpoint. Now Joseph, must play, try to live up to his draft status. And if you're counting cornerback numbers, we're talking Trevon Diggs, Anthony Brown, Jourdan Lewis, Joseph, Nahshon Wright, fifth-round pick DaRon Bland and Kyron Brown at the top of the pecking order. To me, that's pretty deep in talent, but not everyone is going to make the 53-man roster. Time for Joseph to make an impression. A good one.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm addressing the fact that he was the wealthiest individual in the group and is most likely to be the "leader," of whatever group he hangs out with from back home.

I have a hard time believing the professional athlete who glorifies himself in the song was in a subservient role or even seen as an equal in that car.
no way, special k was probably kidnapped that night. He was wanting to stay home that night and work on his bible study, and these gangsters forced him at gunpoint to go out with them that night.
"bossman" they kid him about that because he's actually the opposite, he's the serf.
He likes to be called serf-man.

Motorola

Reaction score

Time To Compete: The is the directive for Cowboys 2021 second-round draft choice Kelvin Joseph heading into his second NFL training camp this this: Compete for playing time at the cornerback position. Compete to possibly start at some point during this 2022 season. There has been a lot of speculation over his availability after being a passenger in a car from where a fatal drive-by shooting took place late March in Dallas. But from I've learned, Joseph, who was not involved in the shooting, has been cleared by Dallas County officials, being truthful and forthcoming during the investigation, and remember he never was arrested or charged with anything. Now as for the NFL, that is a different matter, and its movement is at glacier speeds when coming to incidents such as this. The Cowboys have stood firm on the issue that the 22-year-old is good to go from a legal standpoint. Now Joseph, must play, try to live up to his draft status. And if you're counting cornerback numbers, we're talking Trevon Diggs, Anthony Brown, Jourdan Lewis, Joseph, Nahshon Wright, fifth-round pick DaRon Bland and Kyron Brown at the top of the pecking order. To me, that's pretty deep in talent, but not everyone is going to make the 53-man roster. Time for Joseph to make an impression. A good one.
We know former judge Susan Robinson is adjudicating the Waston matter.
Is Joseph's siuation "on the docket" in the commissioner's office - or is it currently under investigation by an appointee?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We know former judge Susan Robinson is adjudicating the Waston matter.
Is Joseph's siuation "on the docket" in the commissioner's office - or is it currently under investigation by an appointee?

Good question.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Thanks for posting this. I don't think some can accept that he has been cleared or has been truthful or forthcoming since he didn't come forward right away. This actually happens quite often. Witnesses don't want to get involved for a variety of reasons. Joseph was forced, too, but that doesn't give us reason to believe he hasn't been cooperative or that he's hiding something.

Motorola

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I don't think some can accept that he has been cleared or has been truthful or forthcoming since he didn't come forward right away. This actually happens quite often. Witnesses don't want to get involved for a variety of reasons. Joseph was forced, too, but that doesn't give us reason to believe he hasn't been cooperative or that he's hiding something.
However - what everyone is waiting for is the next step....how the commissioner's office views the incident - and Joseph's actions before, during, and afterwards.