Recap: Bobby Belt on Kelvin Joseph

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Training camp is a few days away. The insiders have been talking negatively about Joseph and Ball all offseason. Both guys will be playing for their Cowboys careers in training camp. Let’s see what happens.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Bobby Belt was just on 105.3 The Fan —

Kelvin Joseph was “completely” in the doghouse all of last season.

He was “incredibly” immature throughout rookie year.

Coaches had little to no trust in him.

“Very poor practice player.”

Bobby said he’d rather have Kelvin Benjamin than Kelvin Joseph.

not good…

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Talk is cheap, it takes money to buy land. Training camp will resolve all chitter chatter.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Really on all this??

Look, I hated the pick and the fact that they forced corner and admitted it, but he was legit hurt in the final preseason game.

It did seem like a while for his return considering it wasn't a severe injury, but our corners were playing well, and when Joseph was finally activated, he played willingly and well on ST, and fwiw, had a very high PFF rating at corner.

How I see the bottom line.....give me a hit on either Joseph or Wright and I'm happy.

the playmaker

Reaction score
Not surprising to hear. I had a feeling something was up since the Cowboys have stayed very quiet about Kelvin Joseph for the past year. What a huge mistake this pick was. Another super costly 2nd round pick gone to waste. Who made this choice???
better JJ throw away 2nd round picks....B. Carpenter:lmao2::lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Several points here:
  • Kid you not, a week before the 2021 draft, I heard someone on The Ticket- another Dallas sports radio station (probably was Bob Sturm) say that Kelvin Joseph was talented but considered “radioactive” by most NFL scouts because of his immature “posse” behavior off the field.
  • That never stops Jerry from using a premium draft pick to show the rest of the league he knows what he’s doing.
  • KJ may get a pretty serious suspension from the league even if he was not officially charged with a crime. He only spoke out about his knowledge of the crime when a photo of the scene that night identified him on the scene. Only then did he speak. And he’s never publicly expressed any remorse for the pain the murdered kid’s family is going through.
  • I would have cut this guy already. His bad attitude and immature, perhaps even outlaw off-field behavior is exactly the kind of stuff this culture needs out of its locker room. He hasn’t even shown that he’s capable of being anything beyond a ST player.
  • He hasn’t even shown he’s worth keeping around. But as Jimmy once said, Jerry never likes to admit his mistakes.

While I can understand the hostility and frustrations regarding the off field situation, I think your comments about what he’s “shown” are inaccurate and off-base. When given the opportunity on the field, Joseph has played well.

LittleD

Reaction score
Big freaking shame on this kid....came in with his head not on the game but on his brand, in rap even. Associating with the wrong people, and there you have it. He would need to do a 180.....but who wants to bet that he will. Looks like things can only get worse for this kid. Wasted talent.

No shame... Admit the mistake and just dump him. Ballast off a sinking ship.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
While I can understand the hostility and frustrations regarding the off field situation, I think your comments about what he’s “shown” are inaccurate and off-base. When given the opportunity on the field, Joseph has played well.
Yeah on the field I see what everyone sees. The guy looks like he can play in this league. But if this stuff is true I just don’t know how he’s going to make it.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I don't generally worry too much about these types of reports from people like Bobby Belt, but in this case many of us were worried about this exact type of issue with this kid. Then throw in the shooting and his College issues and it all seems to define who he is and why many of us were worried about this pick from day 1 and probably even more concerned today. We can talk all we want about how good we seem to be at drafting but when you miss on 2nd round picks (not Diggs of course) over and over it leaves a mark. If this is true AND (stressing both) he doesn't get an attitude adjustment or step up his play this year just move on after the year. There is no place on an NFL team for guys with these issues and especially from those who don't offset this with their play. So far he seems average at best on the field. Obviously being year 1 and having injuries too this could improve.

Oh and take Trysten Hill with you on your way out the door...

lostar2009

Reaction score
With this news now out in the open, if they try to trade him, Cowboys will be lucky to get a 6th or 7th round pick for him. Might as well keep him and pray he grows up real quick. If not, he's headed to become another addition to a long list of super costly 2nd round picks during the last 15 years.

Cowboys couldve traded him months ago but choose not.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Bobby Belt was just on 105.3 The Fan —

Kelvin Joseph was “completely” in the doghouse all of last season.

He was “incredibly” immature throughout rookie year.

Coaches had little to no trust in him.

“Very poor practice player.”

Bobby said he’d rather have Kelvin Benjamin than Kelvin Joseph.
Surprise surprise. 2nd round pick project…..

Always works out well right? Hopefully Williams can be the first second rounder to actually produce in the last decade

glimmerman

Reaction score
Is he being quiet. I know he got into some trouble. Heard he won’t be charged. Maybe, just maybe he realizes that life is real. They hang out with people that don’t have much to lose. I have heard so many NFL stars say that you can help your old neighborhood and friends but have to do it from a far. You can’t go home like that. Keep your head down in the game and out of the hood. He hasn’t even made his money yet.

I see why they drafted him, he flashes talent. But has to learn the ins and out of the NFL. The immaturity needs to go now. He is on there last nerve.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I must say I am completely and utterly shocked.

I did not see this coming.

Shocked, I tell you!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not really news.

Can he grow up? Who knows.
Pac Man Jones 2.0
We would be lucky if he was a Pac-Man type player. I was hoping one he got on the field he would have some success and would dive into the game and out of the projects. Call your friends and say hi. Don’t be hanging out where you know your not supposed to. But some let there friends come over and hang out. It’s trouble.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah on the field I see what everyone sees. The guy looks like he can play in this league. But if this stuff is true I just don’t know how he’s going to make it.

I think the key thing to keep in mind is ‘if this stuff is true’.

The guy that was on the field last year looked eager, prepared, and talented. And ‘like he could play’. That’s all that I can say based on what I know.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With this news now out in the open, if they try to trade him, Cowboys will be lucky to get a 6th or 7th round pick for him. Might as well keep him and pray he grows up real quick. If not, he's headed to become another addition to a long list of super costly 2nd round picks during the last 15 years.
Who knows? Maybe the shooting incident has made him take a hard look at his life. We can only hope.