Bobby Belt-The Complete Defense of Dak Prescott: Debunking the Nine Most Common Criticisms

GMO415

Reaction score
Just get this over with and sign the damn contract

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
steady decline in those stats they are highlighting finished by ZERO of any of that last year other then padded yardage stats?? those that are saying all those things are talking about lately..IDC what Dak did before I see what hes doing RIGHT NOW.. wow, so he throws a lot more for more yardage but lost every game down at the half and had many games they lost the lead in the 4th and lost..he did nothing to step up and overcome poor play by others around him, thats what elite players do, not every game but they find way to get that one or two games year that were losses and turn them into wins..

so its now that matters, if a runner in the Olympics set records 8 years ago but 4 years later came in 4th and then in prelims couldn't get in the finals but what we go back 8 years and say go ahead you are in just because of what you did in the past races? No they requalify yearly and I know its team sport we are talking about but if this article is trying to debunk the 8 narratives on Dak , theres reason many are using those narratives against giving him a huge deal, ITS BECAUSE HE WAS ALL THOSE THINGS IN 2019..the fans have seen those narratives steadily increase since 2016..

HE WASNT CLUTCH AT ALL, EYE TEST SAID HE PADDED STATS AGAINST WEAK TEAMS AND LOST AGAINST THE GOOD ONES, HE HAD NO COMEBACKS, AND DIDNT START ANY OF THE GAMES THAT MATTERED HOT , AND WAS INACCURATE IN 3 BIG GAMES WE NEEDED MORE FROM HIM..

SORRY BUT 2019 SUPERSCEDES ALL OTHER YEARS ..

I do like dak but see his warts and he isnt doing those things he did in 2016 and has been declining in those areas the article mentions most..Fans only remember the last season..IDC about our Offense being close to top 3 in every category, most of those numbers were against sub 500 teams and we ended 8-8 with no playoffs and lost the division as heathy team against a team that was obliterated by injurys and in the second half of that Eagles game all our players played well, except DAK! think of all the teams we played that had key players out and we were healthy, 2019 is the only one that counted because its the last one..its been trending downward..

I never saw a starting qb miss that many wide open WRs so badly..so he was injured, maybe he should have admitted he could perform and hand the ball to rush..its excuses because he chose to say hes good to go..Ironic he was so hurt he gets an excuse in the eagles game BUT SOMNEHOW HE BOUNCED BACK ONCE AGAIN A WEEK LATER TO BEAT ANOTHER WEAK DIVSION TEAM.. Miracles must happen as week later he beat the worst team and got beat by the better team..

You amuse me.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
All depends on how hard the other team is driving the bargain. And why not try to get the best deal for your team?

Jaylon clearly didn't put up much of a fight. Dak has an agent that is ball buster.

Definitely not as simple as give some guy whatever he wants. .

Perfect post.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I simply asked if he is pointing fingers at Dak, then why not compare it to other QBs as well (not put out a measure in a vaccum as any QB stat of any type in a vaccum is totally meaningless) and even if we used his measure of Success/Failure, Dak still ranked above many top QBs....so even by his own standards, Dak still ranks at the top level

Like Anti-Dak trolls you polarise the argument by not accepting other than PAY DAK WHAT HE WANTS AS HE'S BRILLIANT.

@CowboyRoy is correct (and supported by nearly 13 pages of this thread) …. there's no real criticism of Dak, nor his ability... ITS ALL ABOUT THE CONTRACT.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok then can we use all the analytics that cement dak as top 6-9 qb? What can we use to determine how good he is. We cant use records we cant use stats and we cant use analytics. Should we use your bifocals along with your stupidity to critique him?

Gee...hyperbole much? So you used your imagination to exaggerate and exasperate the subject matter, straight up LIE about what I said!....and claim yourself the winner? Yeah....that's helpful!

The point of my post is people ridiculing using losing records against Dak while using wins to support him. THAT is "stupidity".

"my stupidity".....I hardly EVERY "critique" dak. So you tell me right now....what exactly my "stupidity" was?

ClintDagger

Reaction score
The straw man arguments are what he addresses, and disproves. He knew they were strawman argument and that's why used this time to prove them to be false. So even with you stating it twice doesn't make it sound any better.

He's simply correcting false opinions is all.
You don’t understand what a straw man argument is, so here you go:

“A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.”

What the guy did was exaggerate what Dak critics say in order to “win” the argument. If you can’t figure it out at this point, I suppose I give up.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

“A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.”

What the guy did was exaggerate what Dak critics say in order to “win” the argument. If you can’t figure it out at this point, I suppose I give up.
REALLY CONVENIENT YOU LEFT OFF THE LAST SENTENCE OF THE DEFINITION. "ONE WHO ENGAGES IN THIS FALLACY IS SAID TO BE ATTACKING THE STRAW MAN". So Bobby was attacking the strawman, which you knew and that's why you had to leave it off. Why do so many people here rely on being deliberately dishonest? JUST ADMIT WHEN YOU'RE WRONG AND WE WON'T THINK OF YOU AS BIG OF AN IDIOT AS WE DO NOW.

Yes you should give up.

Last edited:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

I have seen every argument almost verbatim so not sure what he exaggerated.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Gee...hyperbole much? So you used your imagination to exaggerate and exasperate the subject matter, straight up LIE about what I said!....and claim yourself the winner? Yeah....that's helpful!

The point of my post is people ridiculing using losing records against Dak while using wins to support him. THAT is "stupidity".

"my stupidity".....I hardly EVERY "critique" dak. So you tell me right now....what exactly my "stupidity" was?
Huh isn't he like 3rd in wins since 2016. And has a 2nd best 14 game winning drives since 2016. You do know that other teams don't go undefeated right and do lose games. I'm just making sure.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Like Anti-Dak trolls you polarise the argument by not accepting other than PAY DAK WHAT HE WANTS AS HE'S BRILLIANT.

@CowboyRoy is correct (and supported by nearly 13 pages of this thread) …. there's no real criticism of Dak, nor his ability... ITS ALL ABOUT THE CONTRACT.
Uhhh no1 says pay dak what he wants. We say pay him market. which is 35-36 million. that's with 6 zeroes just in case you cant count that high. If we signed him last offseason it would have been 32 million before wentz and goff got their deals.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

so if his ability is not the issue. then why is the contract an issue? its in line with the current QB market in the NFL....

Polkton31

Reaction score
Pigeons play chess? Absolutely idiotic analogy.

1urgjs.jpg
You're right... Pigeons don't play chess. (Aren't you the bright one) That's why it would be an exercise in futility to play chess with a pigeon. They can't comprehend anything about the game. They'll just knock over pieces, **** on the board, then strut around like they accomplished something. Kind of like arguing with someone who fails to comprehend anything but their own bias. They'll ignore everything which doesn't support their narrative, resort to name calling, and finally, (when the person starts ignoring them) they'll claim victory. If you thought for one second, I meant Pigeons actually play chess... Then someone's an idiot, but it isn't me. Here's another analogy for you: Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better, but the frog dies in the process.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
brady had won a sb or 2 before he got his big payday. Dak has won 1 wc round po game.
And back then BB was still learning and brady had become the guy.
But from what I have read, BB was wanting to get rid of brady and go with garapalo , but kraft traded him away.
so BB could have went after dalton , cam, or some other vet , but he chose to go with his young cheap qb. He is going to rely on his defense.

Playing dak 1 year on the tag means they cant test him out with MM and then decide what to do next off season.
If they sign him now, it is a 4-5 year commitment.
not sure if that totally makes sense.... the put the tag on him so he couldn't negotiate with any other team, in the meantime all indications are they are negotiating and its not necessarily the money, but the 5th year....and the 5th year is in play given the NFL TV contracts are due to be renegotiated and expectations are the salary cap may jump by as much as 20% which will reset the market for many.....so players are trying to get to FA in that year as quickly as possible.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1urgjs.jpg
You're right... Pigeons don't play chess. (Aren't you the bright one) That's why it would be an exercise in futility to play chess with a pigeon. They can't comprehend anything about the game. They'll just knock over pieces, **** on the board, then strut around like they accomplished something. Kind of like arguing with someone who fails to comprehend anything but their own bias. They'll ignore everything which doesn't support their narrative, resort to name calling, and finally, (when the person starts ignoring them) they'll claim victory. If you thought for one second, I meant Pigeons actually play chess... Then someone's an idiot, but it isn't me. Here's another analogy for you: Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better, but the frog dies in the process.
:lmao2::flagwave:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh isn't he like 3rd in wins since 2016. And has a 2nd best 14 game winning drives since 2016. You do know that other teams don't go undefeated right and do lose games. I'm just making sure.

You're arguing stuff I never said or brought up.

You have Anti-Dak Derangement Syndrome. Seeing things that aren't there is a symptom.

We were talking about stats and "eye test", remember? Not how good or bad Dak is.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You're arguing stuff I never said or brought up.

You have Anti-Dak Derangement Syndrome. Seeing things that aren't there is a symptom.

We were talking about stats and "eye test", remember? Not how good or bad Dak is.
Yeh my eye test told me our o line was average in pass pro. Receivers dropped the most balls in the league. Defense was trash along with special teams. Along with coaching. O and a slightly above average rushing attack.

Did dak have a couple bad games or a few bad drives sure. But every single qb in the nfl does. The problem with cowboys fans is they only watch cowboy games. We went up against some really good defenses this year. All while our defense let Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, and Mitch Trubisky look like the next tom brady.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The illogical part of your post was that you commented that teams make the choice of what a player is worth.

Therefore JJ believes Dak was not worth a 4 year contract at $35m.

We agree that JJ probably thinks that Dak's worth 5 years of similar AAV giving him flexibility (especially in 2021 and '22)
lol - how in the world is that illogical? The team is who agrees to the pay and writes the checks. You and I don't agree to the pay or write the checks and neither does the media. The team has to make those decisions, so the team that pays a player is ultimately who decides his worth.

Where do you get that JJ believes Dak is not worth a 4 year contract at $35 million/year. Hell, from what we can tell JJ thinks Dak is worth more than that. That's what wanting Dak for longer than 4 years means - that he thinks Dak is work committing even more than 4 years to.

Last edited: