Bobby Belt-The Complete Defense of Dak Prescott: Debunking the Nine Most Common Criticisms

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If somebody really wants to they could make a montage of bad throws made by Mahomes, Wentz, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Watson....and all other QB's.

QB's making bad throws are as much a part of football as running the ball and cheerleaders. They all have bad throws. All of them. Every single year.

But the Dak detractors act as if only Dak makes bad throws because they only look at montages of Dak throwing behind a receiver or missing a deep throw. Therefore Dak is bad because only he makes bad throws. That's their logic.
I fully agree with this, that's why the one ammo the dak detractors use is put out status in isolation, where analyzing stats in a vaccum is stupidity...you have to compare across the NFL and the point is that he makes more good plays than bad plays, he has probability of making more good plays and great plays than bad plays...and he has the higher ability on the critical things, and the shortcomings are fixable and have been fixed.....and I fully agree, every QB makes bad throws, every QB makes dumb plays, but good ones, tend to make a lot more good plays..

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Uhhh no1 says pay dak what he wants. We say pay him market. which is 35-36 million. that's with 6 zeroes just in case you cant count that high. If we signed him last offseason it would have been 32 million before wentz and goff got their deals.

Which isn't far off what i'm saying.

Who didnt want to sign last year??

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
lol - how in the world is that illogical? The team is who agrees to the pay and writes the checks. You and I don't agree to the pay or write the checks and neither does the media. The team has to make those decisions, so the team that pays a player is ultimately who decides his worth.

Where do you get that JJ believes Dak is not worth a 4 year contract at $35 million/year. Hell, from what we can tell JJ thinks Dak is worth more than that. That's what wanting Dak for longer than 4 years means - that he thinks Dak is work committing even more than 4 years to.

You see worth as just money..... Dak is WORTH more to us on a 5 year contract due to the flexibility.

Polkton31

Reaction score
Trust me, based on some of your post it's highly debatable where your intelligence actually lives. You remind me a ton of Jason Garrett in terms of outsmarting yourself, not sure if that is a true mark of well rounded intelligence, or practical intelligence.
I guess it would depend on whether or not you took a psychometric approach to intelligence or a more cognitive approach. Several experts now agree that intelligence often falls into one of three categories. 1. Analytical or academic problem-solving intelligence. This is related to solving problems that require a single solution. 2. Creative intelligence. This involves reacting successfully to new situations and being able to successfully produce new ideas.3. Practical intelligence. This involves being able to problem solve with respect to daily tasks, such as knowing how to delegate work effectively to others. So.... Based off countless posts on this forum... I would say, a handful of posters are woefully lacking in "Creative Intelligence". Now... I'll leave you to ponder where everyone's intelligence falls.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You see worth as just money..... Dak is WORTH more to us on a 5 year contract due to the flexibility.

yes, Dak is worth more to them on a 5 year deal. That doesn’t mean they don’t think he’s worth the price of a 4 year deal, it just means they want an even better deal.

Surely you don’t really think they want to give him an extra year only for flexibility, even if they don’t really want him to nbe the QB for 5 years? After all, what does flexibility do for the team if they have to tie it to a QB they don’t believe can help them win?

Face it, the flexibility is a benefit, but they wouldn’t do the deal if they didn’t think Dak was worth the money.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
From a centralist position:
1) I like Dak
2) Think 5 years is fair
3) Think $35 ish is fair …..(limit guaranteed money in the 5th year -with a total in the region of $40).

The pro-Dak fans just aren't looking at it subjectively …...all in Dak's favour, money, pay him the market rate, next man up, give the number of years he wants IT WONT EFFECT THE TEAM.

No wonder there are so many trolls winding them up.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So, you think they want to give him an extra year only for flexibility even if they don’t really want him to nbe the QB for 5 years? Lol

What exactly does flexibility do for the team if they have to tie it to a QB they don’t believe can help them win?

Face it, the flexibility is a benefit, but they wouldn’t do the deal if they didn’t think Dak was worth the money.

2021 - we have just $36m left, with a fair few FA's..... there will be NO money for anything.
2022 - still not great, under $100m CAP left already

The flexibility is to have money to retain FA's and even maybe sign some others.

In a 5 year deal, the majority of the money paid later.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2021 - we have just $36m left, with a fair few FA's..... there will be NO money for anything.
2022 - still not great, under $100m CAP left already

The flexibility is to have money to retain FA's and even maybe sign some others.

In a 5 year deal, the majority of the money paid later.
Yeah, and I just said there is benefit to a 5 year deal, so ...?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
yes, Dak is worth more to them on a 5 year deal. That doesn’t mean they don’t think he’s worth the price of a 4 year deal, it just means they want an even better deal.

Surely you don’t really think they want to give him an extra year only for flexibility, even if they don’t really want him to nbe the QB for 5 years? After all, what does flexibility do for the team if they have to tie it to a QB they don’t believe can help them win?

You don't get it at all, just money to you.

You have to look at what's the better use of resources.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
agreed. I think its 50/50 probably....I saw the other thread with the video. some of the throws he put the ball where the WR was the only one who could make a play, but they didn't.....some of them were throws that were put behind the WR where they had to reach back, in fact of the bad throws, those were the most common, where in a crossing pattern he throws a little late or a little behind them, this is a correctable aspect of his game....for a QB, there are two attributes to being accurate, having the mind's eye, in knowing where I need to put the ball and second being able to put it there....in most of the throws he knows where to put the ball and he has ability to put it there...in these other throws, he just doesn't throw it to the right place. also, I saw a few throws even during the season that were due to his bad foot work. he worked on his footwork last year and showed great great improvement, when he got away from it, his throws were off, but that wasn't too often.
this is one of daks main flaws, he throws at guys, not where they are going to be. Crossing routes, half are behind the guy.
and this has been going on for 4 years lol.
Dak has not learned to throw to a spot and let the guy run to that spot.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Jerry and stephen. They lowballed him with a 28-30 million dollar deal before wentz got his deal. Then tried to pay him less than goff.

Didn't Goff sign first and then Wentz signed for less....?

Makes no difference, we agree that Dak would get more ….its all about Dak wanting another shot at a big contract.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
this is one of daks main flaws, he throws at guys, not where they are going to be. Crossing routes, half are behind the guy.
and this has been going on for 4 years lol.
Dak has not learned to throw to a spot and let the guy run to that spot.
the rest of the field he is fine, he throws to the right spots, right angles and puts the ball where its supposed to be, so its not that he doesn't throw to a spot and let the guy run to it, its just those middle short crossing routes....and its not like he doesn't make them, he makes a lot of them, but of his bad throws most are in that area....so your attempt to make him bad and generalize a comment about him, fails badly..if that was your attempt....

and I think that's something that;'s correctable given improved footwork, which he has shown..., I think he takes something off the ball, so he throws to the right spot, but not with the right velocity, so in his mind's eye he has to either drive it harder to get it there, or throw a little further ahead of the receiver...a very correctable minor issue...….

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't get it at all, just money to you.

You have to look at what's the better use of resources.

Did you read my post, or are you just throwing up a smokescreen? I said there is a benefit to the team with a 5th year, yet you keep arguing that there is a benefit to the team with a 5th year. You are arguing a point that isn’t even in dispute, and ignoring my other comments

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Didn't Goff sign first and then Wentz signed for less....?

Makes no difference, we agree that Dak would get more ….its all about Dak wanting another shot at a big contract.
No wentz signed first. For $32 million that can become just shy of 34 if he stays healthy. Goffs is a hair higher than that.

This staff dropped the ball on getting guys done. Dak and coop should have been signed last year and saved jaylon and zeke for this season

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Did you read my post, or are you just throwing up a smokescreen? I said there is a benefit to the team with a 5th year, yet you keep arguing that there is a benefit to the team with a 5th year. You are arguing a point that isn’t even in dispute, and ignoring my other comments

I read it but whilst agreeing you had to add …."so"?

You just cant follow that JJ may see 5 years as being of worth, as he can spread the contract out, but that 4 years means he's left to strengthen other areas.

I appreciate you see the basic "Like Dak", "Buy Dak"......JJ is probably seeing it as "Like Dak 5 years", "No like Dak so much at 4 years"

If i'm wrong, what IS JJ's thinking?