Bobby Belt-The Complete Defense of Dak Prescott: Debunking the Nine Most Common Criticisms

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not pro or anti Dak but last year's talent should have finished better than 8-8 and made the playoffs..(Though I am willing to give it a year or two more now that the Clap is gone).

Talent on offense was amazing. Talent on defense was far and few between. Lets not forget that LVE missed the 2nd half of the season. Special teams was bad.

Regardless, they should have won 10 games no problem and made the playoffs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I do not understand the mocking of "eye test". You can't just go by stats (just read box scores if that is all you want). You NEED your eyes to tell you what happened and why. The things a pure stat doesn't say. It's why we have sports highlights and recap shows. They use their "eyes" to break down and explain the play and stat.

Without the "eye test" stats are meaningless miscellany.

Not mocking the "eye test". Mocking the analysis of the "eye test". Dak passes the eye test with flying colors.

And stats are never meaningless. Some just say they are when they don't support their claim.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Inaccuracy and pocket presence are his biggest issues, I don't see those listed.

I agree that certain things about his pocket presence are his weakest point. I did see him getting a little better last year. Needs to step up in the pocket and know when to take off better.

Accuracy simply isn't an issue by any measurement. He misses passes like everyone else.

He was actually rated the #1 most accurate deep ball passer in the NFL last year.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Does not wanting to pay him that much money count as "hate"? That's a bit..stern...isn't it?

I like they guy but he was handed an elite team. Well elite offense anyway. And he played pretty well. Handled some pressure for sure. BUT...it is my opinion this team elevated him more than he elevates the team. If that is "the" then so be it.

Handed an elite team??? Plus he had to deal with a JV coaching staff.

johneric8

Reaction score
I do not understand the mocking of "eye test". You can't just go by stats (just read box scores if that is all you want). You NEED your eyes to tell you what happened and why. The things a pure stat doesn't say. It's why we have sports highlights and recap shows. They use their "eyes" to break down and explain the play and stat.

Without the "eye test" stats are meaningless miscellany.
Eyes do you no good man with a two cent brain. :mad:

12+88=7

Reaction score
With all these points.

Two years later, and still no contact.

Things that make you go, hmmm.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
let me get this straight, you haters aren't having Dak's salary demands so this is why you can't be Pro Dak? This is crazy talk, does it ever occur to any of you that Dak's salary demands are just part of the game that the agent and owner play until they end up agreeing on a deal? Why must y'all everytime these negotiations take place get sucked into an emotional state and fly off the handle! It's just business, it will be settled.. Dak has proven he is becoming a great QB, get use him being here, he is YOUR QB...

Also, it's beyond ludicrous to hear some of you say things like "I'm not pro or anti Dak".. Give me an ***** break! If you're a cowboy fan you should look at all the good this kid has done with the freckled puppet steering the ship and be 100% pro cowboys and pro Dak until proven otherwise. You do realize he is already one of the most prolific QB's in the history of the NFL through 4 seasons right? But let me get this straight, he doesn't pass your betty davis eye test.. HAHAHHAAHAH....

You want to get something straight? Get this straight, I'm not five. I don't do "Dak Hater" BS. Try again or don't, I don't care but don't try and enlist me in your little diatribe here. Get that straight.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
steady decline in those stats they are highlighting finished by ZERO of any of that last year other then padded yardage stats?? those that are saying all those things are talking about lately..IDC what Dak did before I see what hes doing RIGHT NOW.. wow, so he throws a lot more for more yardage but lost every game down at the half and had many games they lost the lead in the 4th and lost..he did nothing to step up and overcome poor play by others around him, thats what elite players do, not every game but they find way to get that one or two games year that were losses and turn them into wins..

so its now that matters, if a runner in the Olympics set records 8 years ago but 4 years later came in 4th and then in prelims couldn't get in the finals but what we go back 8 years and say go ahead you are in just because of what you did in the past races? No they requalify yearly and I know its team sport we are talking about but if this article is trying to debunk the 8 narratives on Dak , theres reason many are using those narratives against giving him a huge deal, ITS BECAUSE HE WAS ALL THOSE THINGS IN 2019..the fans have seen those narratives steadily increase since 2016..

HE WASNT CLUTCH AT ALL, EYE TEST SAID HE PADDED STATS AGAINST WEAK TEAMS AND LOST AGAINST THE GOOD ONES, HE HAD NO COMEBACKS, AND DIDNT START ANY OF THE GAMES THAT MATTERED HOT , AND WAS INACCURATE IN 3 BIG GAMES WE NEEDED MORE FROM HIM..

SORRY BUT 2019 SUPERSCEDES ALL OTHER YEARS ..

I do like dak but see his warts and he isnt doing those things he did in 2016 and has been declining in those areas the article mentions most..Fans only remember the last season..IDC about our Offense being close to top 3 in every category, most of those numbers were against sub 500 teams and we ended 8-8 with no playoffs and lost the division as heathy team against a team that was obliterated by injurys and in the second half of that Eagles game all our players played well, except DAK! think of all the teams we played that had key players out and we were healthy, 2019 is the only one that counted because its the last one..its been trending downward..

I never saw a starting qb miss that many wide open WRs so badly..so he was injured, maybe he should have admitted he could perform and hand the ball to rush..its excuses because he chose to say hes good to go..Ironic he was so hurt he gets an excuse in the eagles game BUT SOMNEHOW HE BOUNCED BACK ONCE AGAIN A WEEK LATER TO BEAT ANOTHER WEAK DIVSION TEAM.. Miracles must happen as week later he beat the worst team and got beat by the better team..
steady decline in what stats? win totals? so you are placing wins/losses squarely on Dak and ONLY dak?

the padded yardage stats has been debunked so many times, at this point you are just grasping for straws trying to keep a myth alive....sounding desperate for something.

and btw, we lost one game, a single game in 202 leading after 3 quarters and that was 10-9 at the end of 3rd quarter against NO, one of the absolute worst coached games in garrett history in dallas….
in that very game he hit Witten at crucial time in the game putting them in position to get close for a field goal at the end of the game....Witten fumbled while running with the ball...yeah, lets blame Dak. Zeke fumbled on a 4th down run... fumbled...but yeah, that's Dak...Cooper the same, committing a stupid penalty on a critical moment of the game...but yeah, blame dak. against Minn, he drove the team down, put them in position, was 6-7 on the drive, then coaches decided to run Zeke who had gained all of 40 yards up to that point in the game.....yeah, Dak's fault.

you can't continue to just make up stuff, that are easily FACT checked....and I find it hilariously funny, and I quote..."he did nothing to step up and overcome poor play by others around him"...admitting others played poorly, but blaming Dak for the losses.....where does the blame lie with others? coaches? defense? special teams?...no, Dak is single handedly is responsible to lift everyone and all their mistakes..... EVERYONE as you said...

comapring an olympic race to a football game is like comparing vegeterian food to steak...both are food, but world's apart. measured differently. transpire differently. judged differently. its another futile childishminded attempt to justify an obviously biased agenda. in that regard should Payton have been fired from NO after a bad couple of years? Rams are making a mistake, should jump on it and just fire McVay...he is going down really fast....should Atlanta just outright cut Ryan, I mean look at the past two years result...lots of examples just like that.....but you get my point.......circumstances matter!!!

and I can't help but laugh at the "eye test"...whose eye test? yours...what's your expertise in NFL football? so I am supposed to trust your "eye test" but ignore all the other experts, who are in NFL FO, analysts and former players...WTH do they know...right? but FACTS, actual FACTS from play by play of the games, from the games themselves clearly show he was clutch...but hey, the mytical "eye test" because GAWD knows this eye test is so objective and clear.....

sorry, your made up assumptions and your eye test stuff are totally irrelevant to the argument.....when you have some facts to back up your agenda, then respond, until then nothing you say is relevant to the discussion....

btw, you want to ask about my "eye test", I mean you have one, why can't I?:cool:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not mocking the "eye test". Mocking the analysis of the "eye test". Dak passes the eye test with flying colors.

And stats are never meaningless. Some just say they are when they don't support their claim.
Fair enough....maybe in this case. I've seen enough mocking ridicule of it....simply from disagreements in opinions.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Handed an elite team??? Plus he had to deal with a JV coaching staff.

Yes....handed an elite team (and I did say OFFENSE!)

Most rookie QB's that come in our drafted high, which means they have a pretty crappy team from the previous year. Dak had 3 #1 offensive linemen and a #1 hotshot RB to hand off to. I'm no dak hater...but let's keep it real here.

johneric8

Reaction score
You want to get something straight? Get this straight, I'm not five. I don't do "Dak Hater" BS. Try again or don't, I don't care but don't try and enlist me in your little diatribe here. Get that straight.

When did I bring you personally into this? Not sure what you mean boss.. Look, I'm a realist in the sense that I'm watching like the rest of you a very good QB whom silently played through his rookie deal now with an opportunity to get his first big pay day. Why would anyone blame him for playing the game in this situation? If you don't think Dak is worth the money I have no issue with that, but to make excuses using narratives like Dak can't win the big game, or he had an 8 and 8 record last year is pretty short sited considering all the great games he has had and things he has accomplished in his short career.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With all these points.

Two years later, and still no contact.

Things that make you go, hmmm.

This is a good point. So far...most people have been talking about why Dak should do this or that or why he isn't.

What about the Cowboys? If he's the QB of our future....why not give him what he wants? Some have mentioned the 5 year thing...I think that's pretty weak *if* it's your super star QB of the future.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Bobby Belt has written a long essay debunking a lot of the claims people make about Dak Prescott to discredit him.

1. Anyone could win with Dak Prescott's supporting cast.
2. Ezekiel Elliott carries Dak Prescott.
3. Dak Prescott disappears in the clutch.
4. Dak Prescott pads his stats in garbage time.
5. Dak Prescott isn't an elite passer.
6. Dak Prescott hasn't won a Super Bowl/isn't the best QB in the league so he can't be the highest paid.
7. Dak Prescott is to blame for his receivers' drops.
8. Dak Prescott doesn't beat good teams/win big games.
9. "My eyes tell me"

Belt provides evidence to counter each of these claims. Great info regardless of how you currently feel about Dak.

If Dak was taken in the first round there would be a lot less arguing about him.

Some hold him to higher standards, nit-picking every aspect, and you get "See? That's why he's a 4th round pick" as though they've conducted some deep analysis.

Will he ever win a SB? There are hall of fame QBs who never did. It's as if a QB can't win one by himself, or something.

But some of the comparisons I see made of Dak are simply ridiculous. If your "eye test" is that poor then perhaps you should see an ophthalmologist.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yes....handed an elite team (and I did say OFFENSE!)

Most rookie QB's that come in our drafted high, which means they have a pretty crappy team from the previous year. Dak had 3 #1 offensive linemen and a #1 hotshot RB to hand off to. I'm no dak hater...but let's keep it real here.

Since we are keeping it real...

This elite team was 4-12 the year before. You are still not acknowledging the impact of coaching. Also Dak was a 4th round pick. You guys remember that?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
When did I bring you personally into this? Not sure what you mean boss.. Look, I'm a realist in the sense that I'm watching like the rest of you a very good QB whom silently played through his rookie deal now with an opportunity to get his first big pay day. Why would anyone blame him for playing the game in this situation? If you don't think Dak is worth the money I have no issue with that, but to make excuses using narratives like Dak can't win the big game, or he had an 8 and 8 record last year is pretty short sited considering all the great games he has had and things he has accomplished in his short career.

Your post #83, I believe it was, in my earlier response to Dierwolf.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This is a good point. So far...most people have been talking about why Dak should do this or that or why he isn't.

What about the Cowboys? If he's the QB of our future....why not give him what he wants? Some have mentioned the 5 year thing...I think that's pretty weak *if* it's your super star QB of the future.

You think it's weak because it doesn't fit your narrative. The fact the organization wants him under contract for five years instead of four shows just how much they believe in them.

Trying to spin it the other way is pretty silly.

johneric8

Reaction score
Your post #83, I believe it was, in my earlier response to Dierwolf.

Thanks for sharing that post :)

Yeah, I was posting quoting your comment to make a point overall.. I didn't mean it to be directed at you personally, I was reading other post as well, but choose to quote yours to make a point.. Sorry bud.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Since we are keeping it real...

This elite team was 4-12 the year before. You are still not acknowledging the impact of coaching. Also Dak was a 4th round pick. You guys remember that?

Went from 4-12 to 13-3 with a subpar coaching staff and a worse defense than in 2015. Really makes you think.

Him saying a 4-12 team is an elite roster? What a clown statement lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that post :)

Yeah, I was posting quoting your comment to make a point overall.. I didn't mean it to be directed at you personally, I was reading other post as well, but choose to quote yours to make a point.. Sorry bud.

Fair enough. It's not problem. Appreciate it.