Bobby Carpenter Injured

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He's on crutches on the sidelines.

This is a kid I really want in the Draft. Now he might fall to us.

I really hate injuries though.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile, I hardly think one injury in the last game of his senior season is going to affect his draft status. :rolleyes:

It's not like he is an injury waiting to happen, and when he is hurt he plays through it. Last season he broke a finger and was back in the game 5 minutes later. (At least I thinkit was him, might have been Hawk)

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Honestly, When they showed him on the sideline coming back to the field he looked like he was crying, or atleast he was very upset.

calico

Reaction score
It was tough to see him soo emotional on the sidelines, which tells me his season is done.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Hostile, I hardly think one injury in the last game of his senior season is going to affect his draft status. :rolleyes:

It's not like he is an injury waiting to happen, and when he is hurt he plays through it. Last season he broke a finger and was back in the game 5 minutes later. (At least I thinkit was him, might have been Hawk)

Actually, if it's season ending, his draft status will be affected by a round, even two... unless it's an injury that he can recover from entirely by shortly after the bowl season, IOW in time for the combines and Pro Day workouts... with solid performances to show he's all better, he could regain his original draft grade...

But by the sound of things so far, this sounds like something that will still be bothering him when the Combines and Pro Days run around... and that will almost assuredly hurt his draft status...

Think about it, that's EXACTLY how it worked for Chris Canty; when he got hurt late that season, he was considered a likely first round prospect, he wound up being a fourth rounder... to me, this situation could play out in a similar manner (again, depending on bad an injury it is and how long it will take him to get healthy)...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Actually, if it's season ending, his draft status will be affected by a round, even two... unless it's an injury that he can recover from entirely by shortly after the bowl season, IOW in time for the combines and Pro Day workouts... with solid performances to show he's all better, he could regain his original draft grade...

But by the sound of things so far, this sounds like something that will still be bothering him when the Combines and Pro Days run around... and that will almost assuredly hurt his draft status...

Think about it, that's EXACTLY how it worked for Chris Canty; when he got hurt late that season, he was considered a likely first round prospect, he wound up being a fourth rounder... to me, this situation could play out in a similar manner (again, depending on bad an injury it is and how long it will take him to get healthy)...

If its that bad, then you have a point, but the injury itself didnt look like anything more than slightly twisted knee. Didnt look really bad.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

)

hate to burst your bubble, but yeah it will

if its a major break or some sort of major knee injury there is a chance he might not be ready to play next yr, which WILL effect his draft status

David

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
hate to burst your bubble, but yeah it will

if its a major break or some sort of major knee injury there is a chance he might not be ready to play next yr, which WILL effect his draft status

David

Again, if its a major injury, then yes, but it did not look like a break or anything of that sort.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Again, if its a major injury, then yes, but it did not look like a break or anything of that sort.

the guy was in agony on the sidelines and crying...now he's on crutches...

probably a good indocator that its not a simple strain or minor sprain

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

You've got to be kidding.

Does the name Chris Canty mean anything to you?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You've got to be kidding.

Does the name Chris Canty mean anything to you?

Chris Canty had surgery on his eye. Anything to do with a athletes vision will always take more effect than any knee injury ever could. A lot easier to rehad a knee than an eye....

Also, wasnt his knee injury an ACL injury?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
the guy was in agony on the sidelines and crying...now he's on crutches...

probably a good indocator that its not a simple strain or minor sprain

David

When I made my first post on this thread, all I had seen was him limp off the field, by himself, and then go into the locker room without any assistance. The replay of the injury also did not look as bad as they are making it sound now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Chris Canty had surgery on his eye. Anything to do with a athletes vision will always take more effect than any knee injury ever could. A lot easier to rehad a knee than an eye....

Also, wasnt his knee injury an ACL injury?
Injuries drop draft status. Period.

:rolleyes:

Judas Priest man.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Injuries drop draft status. Period.

:rolleyes:

Judas Priest man.

You cannot counter the fact that an eye injury will drop a guy faster than just about any other injury, especially when they dont know how it will turn out before they draft him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
You cannot counter the fact that an eye injury will drop a guy faster than just about any other injury, especially when they dont know how it will turn out before they draft him.
If you say so HH. I mean you know better than anyone else if an injury will hurt draft status. I was talking about how an injury dropped a guy's draft status. If you need to separate types of injuries as some kind of useless justification for a stupid statement be my guest.

Ever heard of the Combines in Indianapolis? Did you know that Team Doctors put these players under a microscope?

Did you know those Doctor's reports affect how high a player is slotted?

Stick with me, I'll get you there yet. If I have to bust out the occasional passing tree so be it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
If you say so HH. I mean you know better than anyone else if an injury will hurt draft status. I was talking about how an injury dropped a guy's draft status. If you need to separate types of injuries as some kind of useless justification for a stupid statement be my guest.

Ever heard of the Combines in Indianapolis? Did you know that Team Doctors put these players under a microscope?

Did you know those Doctor's reports affect how high a player is slotted?

Stick with me, I'll get you there yet. If I have to bust out the occasional passing tree so be it.

I'll say it once more for the hearing impaired: When I posted that I didnt think it would drop him, I did not appear that he was hurt as badly as he appears now, and even now you have no idea what is wrong. So don't say it should drop him as if it were fact when in fact you have no real clue what is wrong, how long it will take to recover, or how he will play once he recovers.

And if you honestly think there is no connection between the seriousness of an injury and how much it drops you, you simply dont pay attention.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I'll say it once more for the hearing impaired: When I posted that I didnt think it would drop him, I did not appear that he was hurt as badly as he appears now, and even now you have no idea what is wrong. So don't say it should drop him as if it were fact when in fact you have no real clue what is wrong, how long it will take to recover, or how he will play once he recovers.

And if you honestly think there is no connection between the seriousness of an injury and how much it drops you, you simply dont pay attention.
I get it, trust your eyes over all else when it comes to injuries.

Did you see him on crutches? Did you see the black cast? Did you see his reaction?

I'm guessing this is the gap here.

You immediately went to the :rolleyes: icon and now admit you might have spoke too soon.

Why am I not shocked?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I get it, trust your eyes over all else when it comes to injuries.

Did you see him on crutches? Did you see the black cast? Did you see his reaction?

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing:

HeavyHitta31 said:
When I made my first post on this thread, all I had seen was him limp off the field, by himself, and then go into the locker room without any assistance. The replay of the injury also did not look as bad as they are making it sound now.

Instead of defending your post, you simply attack mine (which does not surprise me). Hostile is in full spin cycle mode. This will be good