Bobby Carpenter Injured

Rush 2112

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Im not particularly high on Carpenter, I dont hate him jsut not real high, but he does seem like a Parcells pick all the way.

6-3 250 pound LB that runs in the 4.5's. 8+sacks on the year.

His dad played for Bill.

What else is there?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
after all the jests, attacks, spins, retreats, counter spins

Any updated tangible news on his injury?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
tangible news? what is that? you can't touch news, so how can it be tangible?
Main Entry: 1tan·gi·ble
Pronunciation: 'tan-j&-b&l
Function: adjective
Etymology: Late Latin tangibilis, from Latin tangere to touch
1 a : capable of being perceived especially by the sense of touch : PALPABLE b : substantially real : MATERIAL
2 : capable of being precisely identified or realized by the mind <her grief was tangible>
3 : capable of being appraised at an actual or approximate value <tangible assets>

Can someone precisely identify Carpenters injury for me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
after all the jests, attacks, spins, retreats, counter spins

Any updated tangible news on his injury?
He never attacked me. Not to worry.

I heard a report that he's scheduled for an MRI. Monday I believe.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I hope its nothing serious - Like Carpenter as a high end prospect.

Gabe Watson is a stud at DT - Michigan to watch for

dwmyers

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Actually, if it's season ending, his draft status will be affected by a round, even two...

Bear, remember a guy named Tai Streets? You had him projected as a first-second rounder and were looking for him as a Cowboys prospect in the red zone. He got injured before the draft and fell from the late first round to 6th.

A round or two, *if* you're lucky.

Guys like Shaun Rogers and Willis McGahee are the lucky ones. A serious injury usually affects draft position a lot more than 1 or two rounds.

David.

postal

Reaction score
Everybody here in Ohio knows why he was crying, it was because he couldn't play against Crapigan. It's the game we all circle on the calender if we go 1-10 that win better come against Crapigan, hence the tears.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dwmyers said:
Bear, remember a guy named Tai Streets? You had him projected as a first-second rounder and were looking for him as a Cowboys prospect in the red zone. He got injured before the draft and fell from the late first round to 6th.

A round or two, *if* you're lucky.

Guys like Shaun Rogers and Willis McGahee are the lucky ones. A serious injury usually affects draft position a lot more than 1 or two rounds.

David.

Sometimes, that's true...

Hiero

Reaction score
Carpenter in the 3rd is a great pick. In the 2nd it would have to depend on the situation. 1st round not happening.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
1st- Santonio Holmes
2nd- Trade up to the topish of the 2nd for Laron Landry
3rd-Carpenter
4th none
5th-traded
6th-guard
7th-guard

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
As a football player, Carpenter's just OK. There's probably 4-5 LBers in the Big 10 alone that I'd want in front of him.

I really think that Hodge from Iowa is going to be the best pro out of this class.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
As a football player, Carpenter's just OK. There's probably 4-5 LBers in the Big 10 alone that I'd want in front of him.

I really think that Hodge from Iowa is going to be the best pro out of this class.
That's quite a statement because this is a LB deep draft IMO.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Hostile said:
That's quite a statement because this is a LB deep draft IMO.

Not that big of a statement if you've seen him play. He gets overshadowed by the hype surrounding Greenway, but Hodge also does the little things well.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Not that big of a statement if you've seen him play. He gets overshadowed by the hype surrounding Greenway, but Hodge also does the little things well.
AJ Hawk will be the first LB taken I'd bet.

I've seen Hodge and he's very good. This is a draft with some very good LBs. I think as many as 10 of them will start as rookies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
AJ Hawk will be the first LB taken I'd bet.
Should have seen that kid in high school. He was amazing. The locals thought he could walk on water. Was on the same team as Mike Nugent.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Should have seen that kid in high school. He was amazing. The locals thought he could walk on water. Was on the same team as Mike Nugent.
He's a heat seeking missile. Strange looking cat though.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He's a heat seeking missile. Strange looking cat though.

All three of the Buckeye linebackers are a bit 'different'.. That said, I'd like any of them in next years draft. Schlegel is the underated member of that group but he just makes plays.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
All three of the Buckeye linebackers are a bit 'different'.. That said, I'd like any of them in next years draft. Schlegel is the underated member of that group but he just makes plays.
Not going to argue with you. They are the best college group of LBs I've ever seen as a unit.

50cent

Reaction score
Add Thomas Howard, Ahmad Brooks (even though he didnt do **** this week vs. VT), Greenway, and Willis from Ole Miss to the OSU unit and any of them would be a nice addition.