Bobby Wagner and some DT now

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Do it now!! 2/18 for Wagner with first year all guaranteed- I need violence at lb. Lve is too slow and soft!!!

And get me some fat mean guys to stuff up the middle!!!!!
THey're saying part of the reason for wagner's issues with teams is that he's not able to move as good as he used to, him and Robinson and i'm happy for life

Ken

Reaction score
Do it now!! 2/18 for Wagner with first year all guaranteed- I need violence at lb. Lve is too slow and soft!!!

I just don't see the Wagner fit. They spent on LVE, i dont' see them getting him too. Just not a great fit now.

DanA

Reaction score
we had barr here with all these other LB's
in fairness, Clark was almost considered a redshirt and few thought LVE would make it through the season healthy. It’s a little different situation but I’m still In the get Wagner camp. You need three starting caliber LB’s IMO in addition to the depth/ST guys.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
in fairness, Clark was almost considered a redshirt and few thought LVE would make it through the season healthy. It’s a little different situation but I’m still In the get Wagner camp. You need three starting caliber LB’s IMO in addition to the depth/ST guys.
Or maybe we go the low key way and just sign someone else and let him go. We still have harper who is coming off injury

Adiba1977

Reaction score
I need aggression and violence with my lb if serious about winning. Lve can be rotation player but he Ain’t it.

DanA

Reaction score
I just don't see the Wagner fit. They spent on LVE, i dont' see them getting him too. Just not a great fit now.
I think last season LVE play something like 750 snaps, Barr played 600 snaps and Clarke played 400 snaps. To me the plan is to slide Clarke into Barr’s spot and draft a guy 3rd round or so, but we could reasonably pick up Wagner and have LVE play LB2, his contract isn’t that big.

Ken

Reaction score
I think last season LVE play something like 750 snaps, Barr played 600 snaps and Clarke played 400 snaps. To me the plan is to slide Clarke into Barr’s spot and draft a guy 3rd round or so, but we could reasonably pick up Wagner and have LVE play LB2, his contract isn’t that big.
Only way I see Wagner happening is if he hangs around for a long time this offseason and takes a VERY team-friendly deal. It would be after the draft if it doesn't affect Comp picks.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I need aggression and violence with my lb if serious about winning. Lve can be rotation player but he Ain’t it.
Do you remember last year when LVE was out how the run defense suffered greatly, as much as people like to complain about LVE, he gets the defensive line lined up in the correct gaps and calls the defense..
I have stated for twenty years plus and agree with many that have stated here that Dallas needs a massive Defensive tackle that requires double teams to help the run game defense but time and time again the brain trust running this gong show wants versatile defensive linemen along the defensive line instead which escapes me...

Creeper

Reaction score
Who is left at DT? I think Hankins becomes the obvious target, and the draft. Could the Cowboys take a DT in the1st this year?

Cwby41

Reaction score
Wagner would bring great leadership and veteran championship prescence as well as an attitude. A bit of a luxury but would be a huge pickup. I know we have a Cap but if we could get him, Hankins and possibly another good 3 tech DT I believe barring any significant injury our defense will be top 3 and a force.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Wagner would be a great Barr replacement if he still has some speed. If we get that done and re-sign Fowler we should be set for the draft.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Wagner has been a great HOF linebacker. Everything you read about him is that he’s definitely slower and it has affected his play, but he still makes plays with his knowledge and instincts. I’d love to have him for a year, but he’s not bringing any violence.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wagner has been a great HOF linebacker. Everything you read about him is that he’s definitely slower and it has affected his play, but he still makes plays with his knowledge and instincts. I’d love to have him for a year, but he’s not bringing any violence.
LOL this guy.

Wagner had an All Pro season last year. His numbers didn't drop even slightly.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
No issues with wanting Bobby Wagner, he's a better all around player than LVE, but we are actually still pushing this LVE is slow narrative?

Also Wagner got $20M guaranteed just last year from the Rams for what was basically a 1 year deal. Do we really think he's going to sign today because someone offers him less than half that amount for this season after he was one of the best backers in the league last year? No idea what his market truly is, but if you want him at a bargain price point you're going to have to wait the guy out. Given the current cap situation I think that's the only move the Cowboys have if they want him.

With that said I'm all for brining him in. A Wagner/LVE combo would be very interesting to watch. DQ would have such unique groups at all three levels to work with.