DL Dorance Armstrong
DL Dante Fowler Jr.
DL Clelin Ferrell
G Nick Allegretti
S Jeremy Chinn
QB Marcus Mariota
K Brandon McManus
LS Tyler Ott

PLUS: Washington has the No. 2 overall pick, six picks in the top 102, and nine picks overall in the 2024 NFL Draft.

-

It's obvious that they've passed us.

Aven8

Reaction score
Sadly we also need o-line as well. There are several massive holes on this team. DT could be another need as well.
Add in WR and DE. I just don’t get what the hell we are doing

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Has ANYONE questioned the FO about any of this? It's sad, but it's looking like we'll be fighting at the bottom of the division with the Giants. They clearly have no idea what they are doing. This doesn't look like a rebuild because they aren't trading guys away for picks but they refuse to go out and get pieces to make one last hurrah. They are literally fine with shovellng mediocrity into the mouths of Cowboys fans, and if they go out and watch games buy merchandise, they deserve it.
No, everyone in the media are a bunch of soft reporters. The only ones going after them are the dudes on youtube. There's actually a bunch if drama going on between pod casters and the 105.3 guys.

Carson

Reaction score

offseason additions so far:

RB Austin Ekeler
LB Bobby Wagner
LB Frankie Luvu
C Tyler Biadasz
TE Zach Ertz
DL Dorance Armstrong
DL Dante Fowler Jr.
DL Clelin Ferrell
G Nick Allegretti
S Jeremy Chinn
QB Marcus Mariota
K Brandon McManus
LS Tyler Ott

PLUS: Washington has the No. 2 overall pick, six picks in the top 102, and nine picks overall in the 2024 NFL Draft.

-

It's obvious that they've passed us.

Big difference from $90 million in cap compared to $2

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry needs to trade Trey Lance to Washington for either 1 of their 2 3rd rounds picks...or at least their early 4th round pick.
AC, why would Wash pay that much? Why would they even give up a 4th round pick for a guy who hasn’t played a down of NFL football since 2022? There are QBs they can draft too. Help me understand why the Commanders(or any team) would trade for Lance at the price we paid?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
AC, why would Wash pay that much? Why would they even give up a 4th round pick for a guy who hasn’t played a down of NFL football since 2022? There are QBs they can draft too. Help me understand why the Commanders(or any team) would trade for Lance at the price we paid?
BH, why would you want to keep Trey Lance when we've got Dak and Cooper Rush? I'll respond after you answer my question. Curious to know how you feel.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He just wants him off the roster.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I still remember back when we had the wheelin-dealin' Jerry Jones.
2012 draft, Cowboys have the 14th pick and trade it and their 2nd rounder to the Rams for the #6 pick where we took Mo Claiborne.
It was revealed the next day that had we stayed put, we would've taken DT Michael Brockers in the first and Bobby Wagner in the 2nd. Brockers wasn't a star but was a solid mainstay for years in St Louis and much better than bust Claiborne. But the dagger was not getting all-pro Wagner... Just another chapter in the life of Jerry the fake GM.
You left out the fact that they never worked out or talked to Claiborne

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Ok,
this is the one that pisses me off !
To be able to bring in a MLB who could organize and teach all our incoming LBers - including Overshon. Would have been invaluable. More so even then Henry, who would have been perfect here, Wagner was my top FA.
I'm mad !!!

Big_D

Reaction score
Has ANYONE questioned the FO about any of this? It's sad, but it's looking like we'll be fighting at the bottom of the division with the Giants. They clearly have no idea what they are doing. This doesn't look like a rebuild because they aren't trading guys away for picks but they refuse to go out and get pieces to make one last hurrah. They are literally fine with shovellng mediocrity into the mouths of Cowboys fans, and if they go out and watch games buy merchandise, they deserve it.
It's weird, no word from management, no players have tweeted anything. It's a mess. Any chance at a last hurrah is long gone.

JayFord

Reaction score
and when none of their players lead to anything more than 7-10 then what?

theyre a lock to fight for last in the divion with the giants just as much as dallas is a lock to go 16-1 somehow and lose the first game in the playoffs by 40

stiletto

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be doing stuff like that next year. Getting to a clean slate and $100 mil under the cap now. 2024 is going to be tough for delusional fans.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bobby Wagner situation the last two offseasons now to me is exhibit A on the incompetence. If they knew their culture was one of softness, unaccountability, and entitlement, they would have signed him when they had a chance previously.

Their biggest fail isn’t talent acquisition, it’s that they don’t recognize the rot within the foundation. The leaders are the ones with the worst traits. Wagner should’ve been signed a year ago because of his production, his physicality, and his ability to take a dump on Micah, Dak and DLaw for their ridiculous excuse-making.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BH, why would you want to keep Trey Lance when we've got Dak and Cooper Rush? I'll respond after you answer my question. Curious to know how you feel.
Well I’ve never understood keeping Cooper Rush around if Trey Lance is supposed to be something more than a 3rd option. Why give a 4th round pick for a guy who would not play a single down in 2023?

If the Cowboys are serious about Lance, and they have to be after JJ made the deal last year, I can’t see them keeping Rush. I fully expect Lance to play a lot on preseason and if he plays well, it will make the Dak contract sitch (if it’s still going) even weirder.

My question was why would Wash (or any team) give up a 2nd or 3rd or 4th for a guy who hasn’t played a down since 2022? We clearly overpaid for him and the league sees that.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bobby Wagner situation the last two offseasons now to me is exhibit A on the incompetence. If they knew their culture was one of softness, unaccountability, and entitlement, they would have signed him when they had a chance previously.

Their biggest fail isn’t talent acquisition, it’s that they don’t recognize the rot within the foundation. The leaders are the ones with the worst traits. Wagner should’ve been signed a year ago because of his production, his physicality, and his ability to take a dump on Micah, Dak and DLaw for their ridiculous excuse-making.
I’ve been screaming for Wagner for a long time. Can’t believe we kept LVE (for $500 K less than Wagner) and got less than a half a season. I’ve heard for two years that Wagner wouldn’t sign here or anywhere other than the west coast. Well that’s clearly not true.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
My question was why would Wash (or any team) give up a 2nd or 3rd or 4th for a guy who hasn’t played a down since 2022? We clearly overpaid for him and the league sees that.
No team is going to give up more for Lance than what they could have gotten him for last year. His trade value has gone down if anything due to a year less of control now. AC has said something in the past to the tune of teams would be willing to pay more for him because they should value Lance having a year with McCarthy. Doesn't make any sense to me but the guy is entitled to his opinion.