Bobby Wagner to Washington

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BH, why would you want to keep Trey Lance when we've got Dak and Cooper Rush? I'll respond after you answer my question. Curious to know how you feel.
We have been begging the Cowboys to bring in more QB's and when the finally do, you want to get rid of him just a few months later before he has had an offseason, training camp and preseason with the team?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We have been begging the Cowboys to bring in more QB's and when the finally do, you want to get rid of him just a few months later before he has had an offseason, training camp and preseason with the team?
Because there is absolutely no need for a 3rd QB who will realistically not help the team at all in 2024. Cowboys need draft picks badly in this year's draft so we can draft players at positions of need right now (RB, OT, C, WR, LB, DE, DT). Tough times call for tough decisions.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Did we piss Wagner off For whatever reason, he does not want to play for us. Did we tell him we were gonna draft him, then do something stupid?

phildadon86

Reaction score
BH, why would you want to keep Trey Lance when we've got Dak and Cooper Rush? I'll respond after you answer my question. Curious to know how you feel.
I think the bigger thing here is. Lance doesn’t have value.

Dak on the other hand. Could get you a nice pick from Washington lol

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dallas may not be the favorite, but they can still win the NFC East. Whining before any games played is nonsense.

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen intentionally waiting until the choices dwindle down to the lower echelon free agency players. So they can try and trick fans into believing that they tried to sign the upper echelon players but couldn't because *insert reason and excuse* got in the way.
Relax . It's almost time to go dumpster diving .

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Amazing considering we kept blaming Quinn for not wanting linebackers
No, he just had knucklehead GM/Owners who think it's a great idea to place in one of the most violent positions on the field a 30-year-old LB who was one bad hit away from paralysis as the starter, backed up by a second year LB recovering from spinal fusion who had a knock in college that he couldn't read plays quick enough, backed up by a rookie LB who never could get through a single college season without injuries. And then cut the rest of the depth for safeties.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanted Quinn as our HC
We're about to find out why.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Because Washington needs a QB, especially a young and talented one that they could have for cheap.
They have a young, talented quarterback that had a more thorough college career and has accomplished significantly more than Lance has. And he’s significantly cheaper than Lance. Cowboys fans need to come to terms with the fact Lance has no trade value, whatsoever, and most likely will never take a snap in a regular season game for the Cowboys.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
and they will get one.. out of the draft.. they are not trading for Lance.

You just want him gone in case there is a QB controversy.
We don't need 3 QBs. Plus, Lance would cost $5.4 million to keep this year while Cooper Rush only costs $3 million. Also, Lance is due/owed $22 million next year. Are you Dak haters seriously willing to pay a 3rd string QB more this year than your veteran backup QB, plus a crazy $22 million next year to once again sit on the bench?

Y'all just keep proving YOU are against what is best for the team. All because you hate Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They have a young, talented quarterback that had a more thorough college career and has accomplished significantly more than Lance has. And he’s significantly cheaper than Lance. Cowboys fans need to come to terms with the fact Lance has no trade value, whatsoever, and most likely will never take a snap in a regular season game for the Cowboys.
Which is why the Cowboys need to trade him and get a much needed mid-round draft pick needed for this year.