Twitter: Bobby Wagner visiting Rams

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The Cowboys tried to resign Dak for two years prior and couldn’t get it done. Dak and his agent knew exactly what they were doing. They were asking for the moon (those previous two years) knowing the Cowboys wouldn’t offer it. This way they didn’t look unwilling to negotiate, but also pushed it to FA like they wanted to all along.

....and what did we do, as we've always done (apart from this year), we kick the can down the alley. Rather than bend over for the player they should (as they did at last with Dlaw), play hardball...."Dak if you dont want to accept this fair deal, you can get paid by someone else, we're trading you".

But I suppose we couldnt do that as Dak was one of Jerry's guy's

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Signing Wagner would be a two birds with one stone thing. He can lead the LBs and Micah could be a rusher off the edge where he’s most dominant.

Gives you three high impact playmakers in your front seven with Parsons, Lawrence and Wagner.

But it’ll cost more than $6.5 million so no thanks.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Maybe he was coming here when Quinn gets back from all the pro days. Now it makes sense. Wagner will be signed soon then right? :rolleyes:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Are you saying we were never interested????
Yes. I am.

Not in a serious enough stage that somebody had to rouse Stephen who then calls the cap nerd to get some things in order.

Wagner is shopping to see the fit and he is doing it personally since he has no agent to my knowledge.

So if he loved him some Dan Quinn, why no visit to The Star? Because the OPEN sign is not on for free agents of his echelon, especially if they have something above minimum money expectations.

It is extremely likely the interest was the product of media scamps.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yes. I am.

Not in a serious enough stage that somebody had to rouse Stephen who then calls the cap nerd to get some things in order.

Wagner is shopping to see the fit and he is doing it personally since he has no agent to my knowledge.

So if he loved him some Dan Quinn, why no visit to The Star? Because the OPEN sign is not on for free agents of his echelon, especially if they have something above minimum money expectations.

It is extremely likely the interest was the product of media scamps.

It's well documented his first priority was/is to play out west. I do agree interest is/was apparently never serious enough for a visit but to say we had no interest at all........not sure about that.

Carson

Reaction score
It's well documented his first priority was/is to play out west. I do agree interest is/was apparently never serious enough for a visit but to say we had no interest at all........not sure about that.

Maybe after he takes 30 visits he may visit here for vet minimum plus free parking

CWR

Reaction score

I dont know man, I have to agree with Alex. I think if this FO made an actual push for him he'd have swung by on his way to Baltimore. It seems LA didn't offer him the money he was looking for, and if that's the case, I imagine we won't either.

Thats not to say we didn't inquire. I'm sure we did, but we were looking for a discount and he's not in to that, even if we have DQ.

Carson

Reaction score
I dont know man, I have to agree with Alex. I think if this FO made an actual push for him he'd have swung by on his way to Baltimore. It seems LA didn't offer him the money he was looking for, and if that's the case, I imagine we won't either.
Ravens should have the money they offered Smith. Wagner won’t cost as much so he should fit in their budget

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Ravens should have the money they offered Smith. Wagner won’t cost as much so he should fit in their budget

Yeah I thought maybe we had a chance after LA fizzled out, but now that he's on his way to Baltimore I'm pretty confident we won't even get a visit. If we wanted him he was there for the taking. This FO doesn't want to spend.

Carson

Reaction score
Yeah I thought maybe we had a chance after LA fizzled out, but now that he's on his way to Baltimore I'm pretty confident we won't even get a visit. If we wanted him he was there for the taking. This FO doesn't want to spend.
The worst part, is we have cap for the first time in forever. Wagner instantly makes the defense even better.

Just don’t see how he isn’t on our radar

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

That was a phone call with Stephen Jones asking him if he would play in Dallas for less than $6M per.

He said no, and that was that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe we made Wagner an offer two weeks ago and the hold up is he feels guilty about accepting all that money.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Thats not to say we didn't inquire. I'm sure we did, but we were looking for a discount and he's not in to that, even if we have DQ.

I agree but he was saying we Never had any interest..........that just not true.

This was his response to my post.....

You can't move on from something if you were never there to begin with.

Reactions: CWR

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That was a phone call with Stephen Jones asking him if he would play in Dallas for less than $6M per.

He said no, and that was that.

OK ..... your to my post was response was they NEVER had any interest.

You can't move on from something if you were never there to begin with.