Twitter: Bobby Wagner visiting Rams

DFWJC

Reaction score
The 2015 season was pretty rough. Coming off a 12-4 season in 2014 where we won a playoff game and then lost to GB in the next round (Dez caught it). I was expecting huge things for us in 2015. Then Romo goes down and we end up going 4-12 with Weeden, Cassel, and Moore at QB. That was an awful season watching awful football.

However, when I start feeling bad I just look at what the Giants have become over the last decade. 10 years without a division title or playoff win. Only 1 appearance in the playoffs and they were totally throttled in the game. In the last 5 years they are tied with the NY Jets as having the worst overall win-loss record. 9 straight losses to Dallas with Dak as the starting QB.
Yeah, thats why I said “with our starting QB not out”.
That kind of excludes 2010, 2015, 2020

phildadon86

Reaction score
....and what did we do, as we've always done (apart from this year), we kick the can down the alley. Rather than bend over for the player they should (as they did at last with Dlaw), play hardball...."Dak if you dont want to accept this fair deal, you can get paid by someone else, we're trading you".

But I suppose we couldnt do that as Dak was one of Jerry's guy's
No. We couldn’t do that because he was out of contract and on the franchise tag. And would have most likely nixed any deal the cowboys received. Also. Have you seen what happens to the cowboys in trades?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No. We couldn’t do that because he was out of contract and on the franchise tag. And would have most likely nixed any deal the cowboys received. Also. Have you seen what happens to the cowboys in trades?
Yep, but could of tried non-exclusive tag. The problem with our extension strategy is that we leave it too late which resulted in the Dak (holding the cards in negotiations), Coop going for nothing as every GM could see our -$21m CAP and knew we had to lose one big contract (even after restructuring Dak and Zack) ....and that would be just to afford the draft.
Gave in to Zeke, gave in with Dak....both monumental failures (OK Dak has time, but don't see him as the kind of guy that will play up to the pressure of the forthcoming CAP liabilities).

fivetwos

Reaction score
Signing Wagner would be a two birds with one stone thing. He can lead the LBs and Micah could be a rusher off the edge where he’s most dominant.

Gives you three high impact playmakers in your front seven with Parsons, Lawrence and Wagner.

But it’ll cost more than $6.5 million so no thanks.
No idea exactly why....but this post made me think of Jerry's "do anything to win" BS line.

Not only will he absolutely NOT do the bigger things like shut his mouth or hire a GM.....he won't do the small things either.....like bringing in the players needed to get better.

I have NO idea why they wouldn't be all over the improvement that Wagner would be.

But we got one of the family back for cheap so now we can watch him try to not get hurt.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yep, but could of tried non-exclusive tag. The problem with our extension strategy is that we leave it too late which resulted in the Dak (holding the cards in negotiations), Coop going for nothing as every GM could see our -$21m CAP and knew we had to lose one big contract (even after restructuring Dak and Zack) ....and that would be just to afford the draft.
Gave in to Zeke, gave in with Dak....both monumental failures (OK Dak has time, but don't see him as the kind of guy that will play up to the pressure of the forthcoming CAP liabilities).
That's exactly where we they blew it with him.

The disconnect between what fans think of Dak and what he is paid is that the Joneses actually believe he is as good as Rodgers....so there was never a question....eehn mah mahnd...that Dak was the guy.

That agent knew what he was dealing with.....and kept raising the price and giggling each time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he still visiting? Goodness gracious, after 3 days company begins to smell like fish.

I wonder of that Miller deal BUF gave up has he and his agent taking their time? Miller turns 33 today and Wagner is 32. If I am him, that Miller deal sure got my attention. And after all, they do play for money.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So this thread was started on Wednesday. So is Wagner still visiting the Rams. Not signed, and we thing our FO is inept. :lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a phone call with Stephen Jones asking him if he would play in Dallas for less than $6M per.

He said no, and that was that.

And back came LVE for half of that amount. The timing was not a coincidence.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he still visiting? Goodness gracious, after 3 days company begins to smell like fish.

I wonder of that Miller deal BUF gave up has he and his agent taking their time? Miller turns 33 today and Wagner is 32. If I am him, that Miller deal sure got my attention. And after all, they do play for money.

Ahh, seen your post after I made mine.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wagner and his agent are the same person.

And yes, he’s definitely in the mercenary group, out for the most money they can get, along with Clowney, Matthieu, and Julio Jones. That’s why they’re still out there, the league consensus is that they’re not worth the asking price.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And yes, he’s definitely in the mercenary group, out for the most money they can get, along with Clowney, Matthieu, and Julio Jones. That’s why they’re still out there, the league consensus is that they’re not worth the asking price.
They can afford the waiting game until their value increases through attrition.

LB, DE, S and WR are good positions to wait for the right time. Some contenders are going to lose players at those positions and be in higher need.

Hell, if I was a player with their years in, I would hold back to stay out of the OTA's and maybe even camp. Show up for the team photo and game checks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What players are not in that mercenary group?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Cant really blame them for being mercenary. The team he bled for and led for years just dumped him.

Teams are business oriented and have no problem doing what’s in their best interest. Players should have that right as well.

Somebody will pay him what he is asking for as soon as a starter gets hurt in training camp.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They can afford the waiting game until their value increases through attrition.

LB, DE, S and WR are good positions to wait for the right time. Some contenders are going to lose players at those positions and be in higher need.

Hell, if I was a player with their years in, I would hold back to stay out of the OTA's and maybe even camp. Show up for the team photo and game checks.

I think that may work for done but a lot of them ultimately regret it. There are about to be several hundred new players added to the league, and teams filling the positions they play.

It’s not good to be without a seat when the music stops. Few players get to retire on their terms. Most are retired by the league first.