Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You will comply!
They-Live-Piper.jpg

Plankton

Reaction score
He played a long time ago.
I think in the 80's

He was the one who coined Jerry Jones as Jethro Bodine after the sale of the team when he whistled the Beverly Hillbillies theme in front of reporters when asked for his thoughts on the new ownership.

CWR

Reaction score
My boy big Wag still ain't signed? Cmon to Dallas brother. The fans are ready for you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
sweet buddy. I wish they would make rules here where everybody has to think the same and have the same beliefs.
sieg heil and have a good day.
not think the same but if you are off the charts negative like 100% about a team you are NOT A FAN..you may have been fan at one time but no linger now defined a hater ie anti fan but good try. Eagle green sticking out form that shirt brah,,hide it oh you cant..

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The Rams are about $9 million under the cap with hardly any rookies to worry about signing because they traded most of their picks away. They could create a ton of extra cap space by converting salaries of Ramsey, Donald, Cupp, etc into bonuses. Fitting him under their cap wouldn't be an issue. They are actually in better cap shape than us because they don't have 1 player taking up almost $50 million in cap space next year. The Stafford contract doesn't start htting them hard until 2024.

Yep, agree, the Rams may as well restructure contracts as their window is 2022 and 2023....with so many of this team FA's in 2024, no 1st RD draft picks till then and less than and only $50m CAP, they've likely to be in rebuild mode.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Rams are about $9 million under the cap with hardly any rookies to worry about signing because they traded most of their picks away. They could create a ton of extra cap space by converting salaries of Ramsey, Donald, Cupp, etc into bonuses. Fitting him under their cap wouldn't be an issue. They are actually in better cap shape than us because they don't have 1 player taking up almost $50 million in cap space next year. The Stafford contract doesn't start htting them hard until 2024.
If he leaves L/A without a deal, we have a legit chance I think. I then feel it will boil down to Us or Denver.

CWR

Reaction score
I keep checking on here, waiting for the hammer to drop.

It's like I won't be happy until I'm mad.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Have you still not figured out how the salary cap works?

I know exactly how the cap works. I know contracts can be restructured to push the cap hit into further years as the cap amount increases. Like we did with Demarcus Lawrence. I know that teams can decide to cut players and take different cap hit based on cutting prior to or after June 1st. Like we did with La'el Collins. I know how to run calculations and scenarios with restructuring, extending, etc. It really isn't very hard. The cap can be manipulated in any number of ways. Do you have a specific question you would like answered?

CWR

Reaction score
I know exactly how the cap works. I know contracts can be restructured to push the cap hit into further years as the cap amount increases. Like we did with Demarcus Lawrence. I know that teams can decide to cut players and take different cap hit based on cutting prior to or after June 1st. Like we did with La'el Collins. I know how to run calculations and scenarios with restructuring, extending, etc. It really isn't very hard. The cap can be manipulated in any number of ways. Do you have a specific question you would like answered?

I guess that means you're pretty disingenuous about Daks 50 million dollar cap hit, since you know we will never see it.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I guess that means you're pretty disingenuous about Daks 50 million dollar cap hit, since you know we will never see it.

If you bothered to read my entire quote it was comparing our cap situation to the Rams and the fact that we would have to start working on Dak's $50 million cap hit a year earlier than the Rams will have to do with Stafford. I never stated that Dallas or the Rams would have to actually take on those cap hits in there entirety for that one year. You took one sentence out of my quote and spun it into something entirely different from what I was trying to express.

CWR

Reaction score
If you bothered to read my entire quote it was comparing our cap situation to the Rams and the fact that we would have to start working on Dak's $50 million cap hit a year earlier than the Rams will have to do with Stafford. I never stated that Dallas or the Rams would have to actually take on those cap hits in there entirety for that one year. You took one sentence out of my quote and spun it into something entirely different from what I was trying to express.

"They are actually in better cap shape than us because they don't have 1 player taking up almost $50 million in cap space next year."

Sorry, I thought when you said we had one player taking up 50 million in cap next year, you meant we had one player taking up 50 million in cap next year.

jujoboys

Reaction score
"They are actually in better cap shape than us because they don't have 1 player taking up almost $50 million in cap space next year."

Sorry, I thought when you said we had one player taking up 50 million in cap next year, you meant we had one player taking up 50 million in cap next year.

I should have listed the year as 2023 instead of next year so it wouldn't have been so confusing. Sorry about that. Yes, the Cowboys have Dak set for a $50 million Cap hit in 2023 and the big $50 million Cap hit for Stafford starts in 2024 so the Rams have the advantage of waiting an extra year to start making hefty restructures. The Cap should be increasing drastically over the next several years due to the money coming from the TV contracts so hopefully the increase in the Cap will make it easire for us to sign guys like Lamb, Diggs, Parsons, etc in the future. Of course, our geniuses in the front office will wait until the last minute to work on contracts (instead of getting our studs signed up after the 3rd year of their rookie contract) and we will end up having to overpay like we always do.

The one thing I like about that little weasel, Howie Roseman, in Philly is that he always gets his talented rookies signed up after year 3. They end up taking a cheaper deal because they get some of their money early and they are not having to play on that smaller 4th year salary. Example: Compare the way he worked Carson Wentz to the way we worked Dak. I know one was a 1st round pick and the other was a 4th rounder. Also, I know Wentz turned out to be garbage but that was not known at the time. Wentz got a reasonable team friendly extension after his 3rd year. Our geniuses could have worked off that Wentz contract and got Dak signed with probably a few more bucks. But no, we negotiate and end up letting him play on the 4th year of his rookie contract and then negotiate more and have to give him the franchise tag in his 5th year. Then our backs are against the wall going into the 6th year because another franchise tag is astronomical and a killer to our Cap (with the decrease in Cap dollars due to Covid) so we end up having to sign him to this ridiculous contract because no one trusts Jerry and company to actually find another QB..