Twitter: Bobby Wagner visiting Rams

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wagner ranked 8th with 93 in solo tackles last season while his other LB, Jordyn Brooks, led with 108. Parsons ranked 51st with 67, along with Kearse.

Parsons and Kearse played dual positions. So you just looking at LB tackles. And what about a few years back when Jaylon led the NFL with tackles from the LB position. So was he rally a good LB but you all hated on him. Or does that fit your agenda or narrative?

EST_1986

Reaction score
With which names on the back will Dallas be selling jersey's: Can't play Dak and Has Been Zeke? Not everyone wants a Parsons jersey.
Diggs should be pretty popular next season and our newly promoted WR1

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You think the Packers and the Chiefs wanted to let go of the best WRs in the league while they both have legit QBs??

I believe it has been reported that the Packers offered Adams more than he got from the Raiders. He balked so they traded him. Hill was seeking more than the Chiefs wanted to pay, so they traded him. We traded Cooper not because we couldn't afford him but because we didn't believe his play was worth his pay. None of those teams had to let those players go because of the cap.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess the Cowboys trio Lawrence, Parsons, and Diggs didn't measure up the Rams' duo (and the rest of their defense).
Or --- it's the "same 'ol same 'ol" roadblock --- Dallas still not spending big $ on quality FAs.
He is from LA, he's a west coast dude and they do have a better team than the Cowboys in just about every respect but especially coaching.

I do not think he was ever making a decision until he ruled out the Rams and the Chargers.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hilarious. The gap between good teams and mediocre teams gets bigger and bigger.

And we'll struggle even more to beat anyone who isn't in our division
Are you assuming they won't struggle within the division?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I believe it has been reported that the Packers offered Adams more than he got from the Raiders. He balked so they traded him. Hill was seeking more than the Chiefs wanted to pay, so they traded him. We traded Cooper not because we couldn't afford him but because we didn't believe his play was worth his pay. None of those teams had to let those players go because of the cap.

Yes they absolutely did or why would you even have to worry about what you're paying them?

Hardline

Reaction score
I am so glad I am no longer emotionally invested in this team. While you are are melting down over free agency moves I want a gallon of gas and a box of matches.
Let's burn this ***** down.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons and Kearse played dual positions. So you just looking at LB tackles. And what about a few years back when Jaylon led the NFL with tackles from the LB position. So was he rally a good LB but you all hated on him. Or does that fit your agenda or narrative?
If you are comparing Wagner to Smith, there's not much to discuss.

My narrative is that a LB ranked that high in solo tackles is not over the hill and he has consistently ranked there most of his career.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am so glad I am no longer emotionally invested in this team. While you are are melting down over free agency moves I want a gallon of gas and a box of matches.
With the price of gas? I'd go with a quart, they're not worth the full gallon.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Why can they afford everyone and we can't?

The goal by the end of free agency is NOT to have improved your team. The goal is to have the highest amount of cap space remaining. The Jones' can't win the big one so they have to win something.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had the same record as the Super Bowl champs last year. We have more cap space than them this year.

We lost our best WR, our third best OL and our second best DE.

Instead of trying to improve, we are re-signing all our JAGs.

And they’re trying to sign the best LB on the market.

Yeah but they don't have 4 picks in the 5th round.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
If the dude wants to win a SB, he'd have every right to go to the Rams instead of the Cowboys.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes they absolutely did or why would you even have to worry about what you're paying them?

The cap can be manipulated to fit what you want into it. That doesn't mean you don't have to work with it. It does exist.

Let's take the Cooper contract as an example. The Cowboys could have restructured to move $15 million, just like the Browns did, and kept him. By moving the money, you increase the eventual dead cap hit. You can absorb that hit by more restructuring, just like we did with Lawrence's contract, especially since he wasn't living up to it, to make room for Gregory, but that creates more dead cap hit that you'll have to absorb with other restructures. The fact that you can do that allows teams to manipulate the cap for years, making strategic moves to absorb those dead cap hits. However, when a player isn't worth his market value, there's no reason to keep pushing those dead cap hits forward because it isn't worth it.

The idea that you can easily manipulate the cap to do what you want doesn't mean it is practical or wise to not worry about what you are paying. But how much you pay is more about what you believe the player's value is than how much salary cap space Over the Cap says that you have. Every team can make more cap room at a moment's notice.