Bold Prediction: Zeke +1200 yds rushing this season

Proof

Reaction score
I haven’t been a zeke fan for awhile. I’ve personally been super critical of him since the hold out. With that said, I thought he looked fantastic beginning of the season last year, and I think with the knee healed, a bit of extra motivation from hearing the whispers, and hopefully a more consistent line, that he is rejuvenated

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I haven’t been a zeke fan for awhile. I’ve personally been super critical of him since the hold out. With that said, I thought he looked fantastic beginning of the season last year, and I think with the knee healed, a bit of extra motivation from hearing the whispers, and hopefully a more consistent line, that he is rejuvenated
I hear you and understand, and its basically detrimental for this team to get top end return investment on Zekes cap hit,but we know that all we can expect is hopeful expectations.
We can keep kicking the dead horse, and I remain as hopeful as everyone, but I am also a very realistic observer of this game, and knew immediately with that 4th overall selection that it was a huge franchise mistake.
How can a professional franchise not understand the value of RB in this game, at that time, before that time.
Nothing personal vs Zeke, just a downright ignorant waste of draft capital at the time/still.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah, it isn’t but it’s what I went with.

Consensus is that he’s washed up and that if Zeke performs it’s at Pollards expense. I’m banking on the opposite of both
Especially with them using Pollard in the slot more

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

I think he won't get enough carries to get to 1200 yards...maybe to get at least 1000 which is not as hard now with 17 games.. At his best, he would need to average about 20 carries a game; with Pollard sharing the load and i anticipate more of a short passing game and using Zeke as a blocker for Dak, he just won't get the carries. Also he tends to start well first half of the season and then tails off due to injuries, wear and tear and offensive schemes. Injuries not just to himself but the OL as well. As for motivation, only one thing motivates him.. $$$$.....and he already got his windfall.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
1,200 is pretty solid, but not all that bold. Few more carries per game last year (a career low, I believe), and he would have been there.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is a bold prediction. I think you would get good odds on this.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke had over 1000 yards last season and only ran with one leg half the year. 1200 should be the minimum expectation for Zeke.

This will get ignored again but it doesn't make it not true.

Zeke said he tore his knee against Carolina. The following week was his 2nd most productive game of the season. Then the decline started.

The injury was an excuse for a player who simply doesn't have much left in the tank.

He will look old and slow by Halloween.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I am going with 1500 yards rushing minimum. 2200 all purpose yards. Assuming no major injury. I think the plan is to focus more on the running game this year. Dak is at his best when the O runs through the running game. I look for a 2014 and 2016 approach to the run game to make the pass game better.

raven55

Reaction score
zeke getting 1200 yard that is only a dream his age and the pounding has caught up to him. He's gonna be lucky to get 900 yard at best so buckle up and get back to reality, sorry but facts are facts

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That’s not that bold with the extra games

It’s pretty bold considering he’s clearly declining and will be splitting carries with Pollard unless Pollard gets injured. A lot of fans and even some of the media have been lobbying for Pollard to get more carries which could happen. The Cowboys are still going to have to throw the ball a lot to win games.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

If he stays healthy and perhaps more importantly if his line stays healthy he will flirt with 1500 yards. The dude just knows how to tote the rock. Hopefully Tony Pollard gets a little better at pass protection so Zeke isn't having to pass block 35-40 times a game too.. I think that played a part in his getting beaten down really the last two seasons. That and Kellen Moore's steadfast belief that you can only run the ball between the A and B gaps..