Bold Prediction: Zeke +1200 yds rushing this season

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
1200 divided 17 is around 70 yards a game. That's good but not great. We don't need good from Zeke, we need great. We need more than 1500 yards from him, for me, to consider us a real contender.

1500 from Zeke and 800 from Pollard would be nice.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
1200 divided 17 is around 70 yards a game. That's good but not great. We don't need good from Zeke, we need great. We need more than 1500 yards from him, for me, to consider us a real contender.

1500 from Zeke and 800 from Pollard would be nice.

2300 yards rushing from two guys at 4.5 yards per carry would add up to 512 carries between the two of them. Aint no way in hell Moore hands the ball off that many times. For reference the Cowboys ran the ball a total of 473 times last season with Zeke and Pollard accounting for 367 of them. So another 145 carries between the two of them? Not with this guy calling the plays .. Long story short.. We could get "great" from Zeke .. but we don't appear to want it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I haven’t been a zeke fan for awhile. I’ve personally been super critical of him since the hold out. With that said, I thought he looked fantastic beginning of the season last year, and I think with the knee healed, a bit of extra motivation from hearing the whispers, and hopefully a more consistent line, that he is rejuvenated
50/50 % chance of happening I would say...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
2300 yards rushing from two guys at 4.5 yards per carry would add up to 512 carries between the two of them. Aint no way in hell Moore hands the ball off that many times. For reference the Cowboys ran the ball a total of 473 times last season with Zeke and Pollard accounting for 367 of them. So another 145 carries between the two of them? Not with this guy calling the plays .. Long story short.. We could get "great" from Zeke .. but we don't appear to want it.
From 473 to 512 is just three more rushes per game. I do realize 2300 yards is a stretch, that's why I say it would be nice. Extremely nice.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
From 473 to 512 is just three more rushes per game. I do realize 2300 yards is a stretch, that's why I say it would be nice. Extremely nice.

Yes it's only three more total rushes per game.. But your proposal was for Zeke and Pollard to total 2300.. and thus get another 150 carries on the season.. which means over 9 more carries per game between the two of them. I just don't see it happening. But yeah.. it would be GREAT if it did!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I haven’t been a zeke fan for awhile. I’ve personally been super critical of him since the hold out. With that said, I thought he looked fantastic beginning of the season last year, and I think with the knee healed, a bit of extra motivation from hearing the whispers, and hopefully a more consistent line, that he is rejuvenated

Listen, lad, if you are correct I will buy you a Cowboys Can Opener.
It would be grand --- grande! --- for Zeke to be a 1,200 yard runner in 2022! :)
Let us see tha is ... tha is ... how do we spell gogle ...
Tha is an average of 70.59 (rounded out the mulberry bush) per game??:eek:
Wait... now if you called for 1500 yards maybe. But you know and I know and Bob Dole knows tha is almost impossible for Zeke to stay healthy and not share touches.
1000 yards in 2022.
Sorry.
Second thought, allow me ta slap you, chap, gentleman to gentleman.
1200 yards ... that is a pittance for a 12.4 mil RB, cavalier!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Listen, lad, if you are correct I will buy you a Cowboys Can Opener.
It would be grand --- grande! --- for Zeke to be a 1,200 yard runner in 2022! :)
Let us see tha is ... tha is ... how do we spell gogle ...
Tha is an average of 70.59 (rounded out the mulberry bush) per game??:eek:
Wait... now if you called for 1500 yards maybe. But you know and I know and Bob Dole knows tha is almost impossible for Zeke to stay healthy and not share touches.
1000 yards in 2022.
Sorry.
Second thought, allow me ta slap you, chap, gentleman to gentleman.
1200 yards ... that is a pittance for a 12.4 mil RB, cavalier!
When Zeke jumped in the salivation army bucket I knew at that point his career would be a slow fade.
He grabbed some loose change while in there, you can see him grabbing if you watch the video closely.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Its hilarious to see the modified expectations of this once great RB. 1200 yards is the bear minimum of what he should be getting. 1500-1800 yards rushing is what someone getting paid 18 million a year should be doing in his position.

Zeke needs to be that unstoppable force averaging 100 ypg. Thats NEVER going to happen.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hear you and understand, and its basically detrimental for this team to get top end return investment on Zekes cap hit,but we know that all we can expect is hopeful expectations.
We can keep kicking the dead horse, and I remain as hopeful as everyone, but I am also a very realistic observer of this game, and knew immediately with that 4th overall selection that it was a huge franchise mistake.
How can a professional franchise not understand the value of RB in this game, at that time, before that time.
Nothing personal vs Zeke, just a downright ignorant waste of draft capital at the time/still.

Yep, and it was clear that he was done by the time his rookie contract ended and Jerry doubled down in his dumb mistake of drafting him 4th by reupping him to some horrid extension.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yeah, it isn’t but it’s what I went with.

Consensus is that he’s washed up and that if Zeke performs it’s at Pollards expense. I’m banking on the opposite of both

Define washed up?

Personally, my take on Zeke is that there are 30 backs in the NFL that can do what Zeke can do. Nothing special.

Which is basically get the yards that are blocked whether its good blocking or bad blocking. Hes not a guy that is going to make the big play or dominate games week in and week out. Too slow and too predictable. Cant get outside or make guys miss. No longer breaks enough tackles.

And when you throw in the 18 million dollar salary, well then he is now hurting the team. Wouldnt even want him on the team. The quality/cost combination makes Zeke the worst RB value in the NFL by far.

Pollard does much more with the football when he gets it. That much has been proven.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is a stud, and we're lucky to have him. He could have shut it down last year, buy chose to play with with an injury. I respect that and i respect him...if you don't, you probably never wore a jock strap.

Sorry Zeke is no longer a stud, but a turd.

His REFUSAL to sit down and rest HURT the team last year. Its not heart, its selfishness and stupidity. He clearly didnt want Pollard to get his shine on. He clearly cared more about getting his 1000 yards at the end of the season then resting for the playoff game. Which he completely bombed against SF.

I have zero respect for that kind of selfish stupidity. Zeke consistently puts himself in front of the team.

starfan1

Reaction score
Highly doubt he even breaks 1,000.
I’m not a zeke fan by any stretch but 1000 yards is not really much of an accomplishment if he stays healthy he’ll get it.

it’s basically 59 yards a game. To me it’s more about his average per carry and total yards. I’d also want to see pollard used much more

hopefully the line can run block better

fredp22

Reaction score
Sad that we feel its bold to say our rb (in line to get 18 million this year) might average as much as 70 ypg. that contract wasnt one of Stephens best moves

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL.....Yah, thats a tall task for Zeke, but not Pollard. Needs to be at 5 ypc and you can get closer. It should probably be more like 1200 yards for Pollard and 1000 yards for Zeke. That is much more doable.

Certainly not going to get those high ypc numbers out of the slow and plodding Zeke. So Pollard would have to get equal carries or close to it. If Zeke is featured, we 100% never get there.

200 carries each for Zeke and Pollard and another 50 carries given to Dak, Lamb, and a 3rd back.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I think he'll get enough carries. This will be his last year with us, so they'll run him into the ground with 300+ carries if he stays healthy.