Bold Prediction: Zeke +1200 yds rushing this season

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
UMM NOT!

show me all the 1500 yard RBs last year..one Talyor lmao good try and nitpicking and expectations. Zeke to be judged an another standard ie double standard.

PAY attention

and YET only one back broke 1300 yards last season many of which make over 10mil season nick chubb 12.5 mil 1259yards

odd the double standard around here for our players vs others.

McAffrey highest paid back in the leagues 16.2 mil=442 yards
Kamara 15mil=898 yards
henry 12.5mil =937yards i know hurt but that part of it zeke was also hurt but played through it.

shall i go on..last year was 17 games was it not..unusall short memory's when it comes to Zeke vs the league.

@cowboybish
cowboybish said:
70 yds per game i should hope so. 1500 is a better gauge for your lead back
Only 1 RB had over 1500 yards in 2021...

Proof

Reaction score
237 carries, 4.2 ypc in 2021.
  • To achieve 1200 yards:
    • 286 carries at 4.2 ypc
    • 267 carries at 4.5 (his career average)
The issue is that Pollard likely gets more carries this season.
- He was tied for 2nd in ypc for NFL RBs last season.

agreed. I'm just predicting that pollard gets more usage, and zeke does more than last year. we'll see!

Reactions: CWR

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, he still did look good after 2018. Then visions of Emmitt Smith flooded Jerry's mind causing him to extend Zeke after that season. Then he fell off. But you're right, he slowed down before he finished out his rookie contract.

The best we can hope for now is that he's a good RB. We're not going to see that 2016 Zeke again.

If you cant hit long runs as a RB your just a short yardage back.

CWR

Reaction score
agreed. I'm just predicting that pollard gets more usage, and zeke does more than last year. we'll see!

Please, please, please run TP, pass to TP, use TP!

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
IF 1200 yds is so damn easy , why did only 4 backs do it last season. Only 6 rbs were better at toting the pill than Zeke FACTS

Player Hatin Derangement Syndrome (PHDS) It's real and it afflicts Primarily Cowboys fans. It is spread by casual contact ( With other teams fans)

Hopefully a cure will be discovered, If not check out this website.......... nevermind

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I haven’t been a zeke fan for awhile. I’ve personally been super critical of him since the hold out. With that said, I thought he looked fantastic beginning of the season last year, and I think with the knee healed, a bit of extra motivation from hearing the whispers, and hopefully a more consistent line, that he is rejuvenated

Before his injury took its toll, he had rushed for 452 yards in five games. Extrapolate that for the season and he would have rushed for more than 1,500 yards. Of course, there are also going to be more injuries or some games where you face a weak/strong defense. Unless he's at the point where injuries like last year are the norm for him, I could easily see a 1,300-1,400-yard season. That's the type of years he had in 2018 and 2019 before the offensive line and backup Qb struggles of 2020 and then last year when he started out so strong and then faded because of the injury.

Some on here prefer to use last year to belittle him (even though he still rushed for 1,002 yards and 4.2 YPC). I see it as a reason to hope that he can still play like he did before 2020, which, of course, still won't be good enough for some because they are too caught up in the fact that we spent the No. 4 pick on him or gave him a big contract.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you cant hit long runs as a RB your just a short yardage back.

Doesn't matter. You don't need to hit long runs to be a good back. Most backs aren't going to give you that 80 yard run.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys only win when they have a great ground game.
Contrary to belief the Cowboys are a running team.
Cowboys success will be determined on Zeke's legs and not Dak's arm.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. You don't need to hit long runs to be a good back. Most backs aren't going to give you that 80 yard run.

on the contrary most great backs can do it all including hitting the long runs.
Good back? You don’t pay 18 million for good backs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zekes not be a very good player the last 2 years. He just does what anyone with his volume could do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
IF 1200 yds is so damn easy , why did only 4 backs do it last season. Only 6 rbs were better at toting the pill than Zeke FACTS

Player Hatin Derangement Syndrome (PHDS) It's real and it afflicts Primarily Cowboys fans. It is spread by casual contact ( With other teams fans)

Hopefully a cure will be discovered, If not check out this website.......... nevermind

Its pretty simple.............only a handful of backs actually get that many carries anymore. Zeke is clearly one that no longer deserves it and is getting them off of what he did in the past. Especially when you have a back that does a lot more with the ball in his hands sitting on the bench while Zeke slowly plods his way to 50 yards per game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zekes not be a very good player the last 2 years. He just does what anyone with his volume could do.

PRoblem is whatever Zeke does, Pollard does better with the ball.

So when Zeke was averaging 5.5 ypc the first 8 games, Pollard was leading the NFL with 6.5. How bad did Zeke have to be to get that 5.5 all the way down to 4.2 by seasons end? Well we saw it first hand. It was horrid.

blueblood70

Reaction score
@cowboybish

Only 1 RB had over 1500 yards in 2021...
right the blind hate and trolling of our own players with an actual comp to others in the League. As great as Taylor's year was his team did not make the playoffs. Bet if Dak was the QB they would have :)

uh oh que the trolls..

blueblood70

Reaction score
not true at all... Emmitt didnt have a lot of those runs and his career is nearly identical YPC yearly averages and career YPC averages and zeke not on a HOF team with HOF coaches is he? is he in run first era??...but keep up the trolling..

blueblood70

Reaction score
he would need 300 rushes

At 4.0 ypa

which is a low ypa for him.
actually he was averaging 5.1 the first half of the season pre injury and BTW the might Smith22 made career out of 4YPC he only had one year with over 5 and a few over 4.5 the rest 3.8-4.2 FACTS! does that hurt ?? it must...

zeke is volume type back lie ES not a scat back who is backup giving you gaudy YPC stats in backup duty which is easier then being used a ram to loosen up defenses. then go out and run outside most of the snaps they get..less physical and more tired DL unwilling to chase,

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They count practice yards now? Hmm, who knew.
:laugh:

Flamma

Reaction score
on the contrary most great backs can do it all including hitting the long runs.
Good back? You don’t pay 18 million for good backs.

Yes, that's what separates the great from the good. But I keep hearing we don't need one of those. Anyone can run the ball.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Tony Pollard has the tools but not the size to be a workhorse. Why I still think they should've gotten a thumper this year to take over for Zeke after this season.