Bold Prediction: Zeke +1200 yds rushing this season

Jfconrow

Reaction score
With the playoffs it’s 20 games. I don’t understand exactly when it got to be ok for a starting RB to get under 100yds a game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
OK I see your point. I just don't agree with it Bro. Tony is an explosive back, a dynamic runner who should get more touches, and I do look forward to seeing him in that role this upcoming season. I disagree with the point that all Zeke gives is

50 yards per game, his blitz pick up alone is a value I wouldn't be so quick to jettison. I mean I get it, people have little to no value in a back who's Zekes age. I do. There are many places this team can build on besides Zeke. People always want the shiny new toy.......until they get it. Dallas fans , be careful what you wish for, you might get want you want, just to realize you don't want what you got (Pollrad as the #1 ball carrier).

As an aside most fans want him gone because he cashed in on his value as a RB when he did and got paid. That's counting another man's pockets and I think that's weak and on some sucka S@#!.

NOT YOU I'M SAYING SOME FANS

So you dont even factor in his salary? Or how about his refusal to share carries or sit when he isnt 100%?

With Zeke, you cant have a RB by committee. He HAS to get most of the carries.

Zeke would be fine in a 3 back rotation where he got 1/3 of the carries and his salary was 4 million per season. But not at 18 million where he has to garner 80 of all the touches.

At this point he is hurting the team in two areas. His salary and his refusal to share the load to a more manageable number.

starfan1

Reaction score
So you dont even factor in his salary? Or how about his refusal to share carries or sit when he isnt 100%?

With Zeke, you cant have a RB by committee. He HAS to get most of the carries.

Zeke would be fine in a 3 back rotation where he got 1/3 of the carries and his salary was 4 million per season. But not at 18 million where he has to garner 80 of all the touches.

At this point he is hurting the team in two areas. His salary and his refusal to share the load to a more manageable number.

I have some concerns about his salary but if you have them about zeke you need them about the QB. I dont think the balance of workload has anything to do with zeke. In fact i got more irritated and him waving at the sideline need a blow at most inopportune moments,
Zeke gets the bulk of the carries because booger says he needs them and the coordinator has not figured out yet how to use pollard more effectively. he played last year injured because he was told his playing could not damage his knee further and you can bet Jerry played a role as well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have some concerns about his salary but if you have them about zeke you need them about the QB. I dont think the balance of workload has anything to do with zeke. In fact i got more irritated and him waving at the sideline need a blow at most inopportune moments,
Zeke gets the bulk of the carries because booger says he needs them and the coordinator has not figured out yet how to use pollard more effectively. he played last year injured because he was told his playing could not damage his knee further and you can bet Jerry played a role as well.
Zeke gets the bulk of carries because that's how being a #1 and especially a power back works.

Asking for a blow is VERY much mismanagement by the coaches. They have to wait for Zeke to raise a hand before they rotate? (Which I didn't see him do as much last year.). Then give tony a bland generic afterthought of a play? Ridiculous.

Playing an injured player...regardless of what they player thinks...is also mismanagement and gives certain fans a window to beech about how bad zeke is. I think we did that to Dak one year in the last game...and we sucked for it!

I guess it's true? Do we need Jerry gone before we have adept, smart, experienced coaching staff?

starfan1

Reaction score
Zeke gets the bulk of carries because that's how being a #1 and especially a power back works.

Asking for a blow is VERY much mismanagement by the coaches. They have to wait for Zeke to raise a hand before they rotate? (Which I didn't see him do as much last year.). Then give tony a bland generic afterthought of a play? Ridiculous.

Playing an injured player...regardless of what they player thinks...is also mismanagement and gives certain fans a window to beech about how bad zeke is. I think we did that to Dak one year in the last game...and we sucked for it!

I guess it's true? Do we need Jerry gone before we have adept, smart, experienced coaching staff?

hes a number 1 by pay only. That dont mean i want pollard to be number 1 I dont. I want more balance. Johnathan taylor and Derrick henry are true number 1s. Zekes best days are past him

RonnieT24

Reaction score
With the addition of the 17th game, we could start nearly any RB off waivers and hit that bench mark.

And yet only 7 or 8 running backs get there every year.. I don't understand the insistence on ignoring that actually getting to carry the ball is the number one requirement for a running back to be productive.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Pollard has the size of guys like Kamara and McCaffrey who have similar skill sets and Zeke really can’t even “carry the load” and be quality at this point in his career.

The 2021 Cowboys were a worse team for not playing Tony Pollard more and Zeke less. Very obvious.

Two guys who have shown tremendous durability thus far in their careers.. <~~~ sarcasm for the morons on the page.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Why would I have them about the QB? Dak more than pulls his weight. Dak is the best player on the team and the one player this team can't live without. Went from 7-9 to 12-5 without him and then with him. Dak is also consistently in the top 7 in most QB categories when compared to his piers and plays the most important position in football.

Whatever the reason Zeke gets the carries he needs to go for the sake of the team. Whether he wont come off the field or whether the coaches like him so much they just keep playing him. He is hurting the team with his salary and his production.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Two guys who have shown tremendous durability thus far in their careers.. <~~~ sarcasm for the morons on the page.

So you would take Zeke over McCaffrey and Kamara? Who is the real moron?

This post by you right here shows you have zero ability analyze football. Can you cry homer? Not a chance. I think you are the ONLY guy on the planet that likes Zeke better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And yet only 7 or 8 running backs get there every year.. I don't understand the insistence on ignoring that actually getting to carry the ball is the number one requirement for a running back to be productive.

Exactly. LOL

So we agree.............the ONLY reason Zeke gets his production is because he is gifted the carries. Not because he is good.

So Zeke is good because it takes him 20 carries to get to 60 yards? LOL Yah, what a great back. Because some moron paid him 15 million per year and then another moron is pressured to give him the carries.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. LOL

So we agree.............the ONLY reason Zeke gets his production is because he is gifted the carries. Not because he is good.

So Zeke is good because it takes him 20 carries to get to 60 yards? LOL Yah, what a great back. Because some moron paid him 15 million per year and then another moron is pressured to give him the carries.
You got a lotta nerve rippin ronnie at the same time you produce this drivel. How many times did zeke get 20+ carries and only 60 yards. Hes got a 4.5 career ave....

You see people....you see what hate can do to your brain?

starfan1

Reaction score
Why would I have them about the QB? Dak more than pulls his weight. Dak is the best player on the team and the one player this team can't live without. Went from 7-9 to 12-5 without him and then with him. Dak is also consistently in the top 7 in most QB categories when compared to his piers and plays the most important position in football.

Whatever the reason Zeke gets the carries he needs to go for the sake of the team. Whether he wont come off the field or whether the coaches like him so much they just keep playing him. He is hurting the team with his salary and his production.

youre not being realistic both of them are overpaid. what has Dak done for us in terms of big wins. When the chips have been on the table hes **** the bed just like Zeke. If you arent going to use stats for Zeke then you cant for dak. If you are for one than use them for both. This is coming from someone who zeke is his least favorite player. But that being saidDak is n ot my favorite either but I do like him more than i ever did #9

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
youre not being realistic both of them are overpaid. what has Dak done for us in terms of big wins. When the chips have been on the table hes **** the bed just like Zeke. If you arent goiung to use stats for Zeke then you cant for dak. If you are for one than use them for both. This is coming from someone who zeke is his least favorite player. But that being saidDak is n ot my favorite either but I do like ghim more than i ever did #9

Stop changing the subject into a Dak thread. How many articles do you see about Dak not being worth with his salary? All you ever hear about Zeke is that Pollard is better and paying Zeke was a huge mistake.

Is there some other QB on the roster playing better than Dak at the moment?

Enjoy this last season with your slow and plodding hero. He is 100% gone after this season.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
Stop changing the subject into a Dak thread. This is about Zeke not pulling his weight and his salary.

Why would Zeke be one of my favorite players? He is an idiot, puts his own goals before the teams, is way overpaid at a low end position and refuses to share the load even when he is hurt.

Enjoy this last season with your slow and plodding hero. He is 100% gone after this season.
2 things
1. youre right I did bring dak into a Zeke thread for a frame of reference
2. do you live under a rock? Im one of the biggest critics of zeke on this site and 100% hope hes gone after this season but you dont know for a fact any of that highlighted drivel you posted is true beyond being overpaid. Thats feels not fact! we dont know why the load isnt shared more my guess it has more to do with the moron in the booth than zeke himself.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
2 things
1. youre right I did bring dak into a Zeke thread for a frame of reference
2. do you live under a rock? Im one of the biggest critics of zeke on this site and 100% hope hes gone after this season but you dont know for a fact any of that highlighted drivel you posted is true beyond being overpaid. Thats feels not fact! we dont know why the load isnt shared more my guess it has more to do with the moron in the booth than zeke himself.

It doesnt matter why he gets most of the carries. Its hurting the team. So until he is off the team, it wont change.

But lets just take a look at the final game last year where we played the Eagles in a meaningless game. Zeke wanted to play in the game when he was injured. The sole reason was so he could reach his personal milestone of 1000 yards. The moment he got to 1001 yards he came out of the game. Knowing full well that he was playing next week against the Niners and would be depended upon for a huge load in that game. All while he continued to play on a torn MCL.

THAT RIGHT there is selfish behavior. And its Zeke running to his coaches and telling them he wants to play and for what? Shouldnt he have been resting his knee for the more important playoff game?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
To be honest, 1,200 isn't an insane "bold" take. It's essentially around 70 per game. A healthy Elliott could easily reach this depending on the O line as well.
Oddly enough, Demarco Murray was around the same age when he blasted off for 1,800. He averaged 4.7 yards. But I don't think Zeke could handle 390 carries.

raven55

Reaction score
you do have expectations that are just unattaintable . this team is one game away from top 10 drafting take it to the bank about a 6 and 10 season