Bond, James Bond. Should he die?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If anyone is actually considering that, they should killed him off. In fact, don't waste any time and money and just kill it off completely. End it. Because that's what you'd be doing.

As someone else said, it would go over as well as the Ghostbusters remake. Give people what they don't want and never asked for, and then blame them and label them as sexist for not supporting crap.

Here's a thought! If you want to have a female spy franchise, go make one. But don't try to piggyback it off of someone else's established idea.

Working title: Agent Galore

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yep, they turned him into a man with feelings, in touch with his feminine side. Once they did that, mankind was doomed. As long as James was having them shaken, not stirred as foreplay and women never talked back to him, we had hope.

I do think they have the coolest and most creative openings to their films as tone setters but that no longer fits his tamed ways.

Quick story on Spectre. I haven't seen it yet and am planning on getting the BluRay but I am in the liquor store and see this boxed set of Belvedere vodka with two cool looking martini glasses that change when the cold hits the glass and I figure 'hey, these must be glasses James drinks martinis out of so I buy the set, get the BluRay and sit down all set to have a martini with 007'. I fix one, no glass in the movie yet, I fix another about 30 minutes later, still no glass has shown up and this goes on until I figure out unless he's going to cut some villain's throat with this glass at the end, I have just had 4 martinis and going to have a hard time remembering what the hell happened in the freakin' movie. I watched it a second time later that week and sure enough, stuff happened toward the end that I was seeing for the first time.

The glass never made an appearance but I still drink out of them and cuss Belvedere and myself for getting suckered in on a promotional gimmick. However, I have considered following this same agenda to watch movies I hate the ending of like Old Yeller, Saving Private Ryan, The Wild Bunch and Love Story, aka "being dead means you never have to hear I'm Sorry". I wish I didn't remember the end of Saving Private Ryan because I am still sad.
About that Saving pvt. Ryan? Man Alive, after that 20 minutes of portrayed beach landing at the beginning, I didn't want to look at,let alone touch my .30 cal carbine or M-1 garand for at least a couple of days,as that initial viewing was wiggy gruesome ,,,ya know?

timb2

Reaction score
Hollywood is finding out most of these female action stars are not having sequels. Only a few have had a sequel. Charlie's Angels did because they hid the "Girl Power" factor when promoting the 1st movie.When the sequel came around, it bombed....How many Terminator's,Mad Max's,Die Hard's,and Rambo's were there???? The only one recent female action movie and I think because she was Ultra-Hot was Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.Most of the others bombed."Ghost in the Shell bombed",That movie where the super agent female got it on with the chick from "The Mummy" that bombed,That last Mad Max film was good but deceived by having the guy in the poster.......

jsb357

Reaction score
Connery was Bond at his best. Although Diamonds are Forever was a great film.

The only reason James Bond will die is because studios in Hollywood are
bound bound by political correctness and writers lack imagination.

Bond was a successful series because Ian Fleming's novels
were great stories about good vs evil.

The "if you're gonna save the world you might as well get the girl" story line doesn't fly
well with the "offended masses".

One of the issues with the series is that this new generation believes no super villain would
exist today without a social media account bragging about their latest exploits to rule the world.

Replacing Bond with a woman is like replacing the lead role in La Femme Nikita with a guy.

It's just a bad idea.

:thumbdown:

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
The unspoken premise to me was that James Bond was an aspirational tale for young men. Kinda' like a "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" show for guys.

The notion of turning the character into a woman or a cuckolded, beta male is antithetical to its origins and dismissive of its estabished audience. :cool:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If anyone is actually considering that, they should killed him off. In fact, don't waste any time and money and just kill it off completely. End it. Because that's what you'd be doing.

As someone else said, it would go over as well as the Ghostbusters remake. Give people what they don't want and never asked for, and then blame them and label them as sexist for not supporting crap.

Here's a thought! If you want to have a female spy franchise, go make one. But don't try to piggyback it off of someone else's established idea.
Broccoli left the established idea of Ian Fleming sometime back when they ran out of source material and needed to keep the franchise alive.

I don't know what people want but they must feel they're ending the run or why consider killing him off and replacing him with Idris Elba or a woman?

Ya know, I was hesitant about the female lead in movies of this type and then saw that they could be well made with the right people in place. I would wait and see what they did and how they did it before discounting it because it has lost some of that creative edge it had in the past. And they've already proven that if they do one and it doesn't work, they'll pull the plug on that guy.

If they kill James Bond off, they could create a new franchise, 007: Afterlife. All of the villains he's whacked are in the afterlife and out to steal his soul. All the women he's gotten killed for just hanging out with him, beginning with the chick covered in gold, are perpetual nags and missing body parts. Kind of a Bond meets Beetlejuice.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
About that Saving pvt. Ryan? Man Alive, after that 20 minutes of portrayed beach landing at the beginning, I didn't want to look at,let alone touch my .30 cal carbine or M-1 garand for at least a couple of days,as that initial viewing was wiggy gruesome ,,,ya know?
Sitting next to my wife in that movie was a veteran that was on that beach. His son brought him and he hadn't been to a movie in sometime. As the beginning unfolded, he was gripping the seat in front of him with tears streaming down his face. My wife took one of his hands while his son took the other and they just held his hands.

As we were leaving my wife gave him a hug and thanked him for his bravery and service and his son thanked her and said his life long buddy, who had also landed with him, had seen the movie and told him he needed to go see it. Someone understood what real war was like.

I watched the audience coming out and he wasn't the only person taking their Dad to see it. I think a nice touch would have been for the theater to have someone raise the lights and ask the vets of WWII to stand and be recognized. Sitting there and watching that with a man that was there in that horror, sitting a seat away, was surreal and that movie stayed with me longer than any I've ever seen.

John813

Reaction score
Is it that hard to make a spin off in the James Bond world where an agent is a female and the lead role?
Hell, include the new agent in the next upcoming Bond film maybe along side him for part of the film, then start the spinoff. But don't change the image of James Bond for the sake of SJW.

Edit: Looking it up now, I guess Atomic Blonde is close to what I was thinking of, but never seen it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
First Ghostbusters and now Bond? The world's gone mad, I tell you. Stark raving mad........

Ask the folks at Coca Cola and Playboy what happens when you start messin' with a classic formula for success.
And now Men in Black appears to be getting more estrogen based.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
And now Men in Black appears to be getting more estrogen based.

Ya know.... I can "alllllmost" see that because the first movies showed them as part of an entire organization that was working in the background and I think it included women, men and even aliens.

The problem for this movie will be ensuring the lead characters project the same charisma as Smith and Jones. The dynamic between Smith and Jones was as entertaining, if not more, so than any other aspect of the movie to me. Without it, the film will just become a special-effects spectacle.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ya know.... I can "alllllmost" see that because the first movies showed them as part of an entire organization that was working in the background and I think it included women, men and even aliens.

The problem for this movie will be ensuring the lead characters project the same charisma as Smith and Jones. The dynamic between Smith and Jones was as entertaining, if not more, so than any other aspect of the movie to me. Without it, the film will just become a special-effects spectacle.
I agree, and from the trailer I saw, I don't get the sense of that chemistry between Hemsworth and his female partner. What may turn out to be one of the better gags in the movie (a reference to Thor) was already shown in the trailer. Hopefully, they didn't just add that to make people think the whole movie would be funny.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is it? Women in Little Black Dress?
Nope, still the suit.
Men_in_Black_International_%28Official_Film_Poster%29.png