Both Belt/Broaddus believe Tyron Smith is be the Swing Tackle

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No doubt but the Cowboys don’t have to announce their starting lineup in March. Plus this might be a tactic for Steele because he is still unsigned. A message to his agent.
This is also coming from Jerry, who said Zeke was going to stay. There is no doubt they need another interior starter and they will address it, but just don't think it's going to be in the 1st rd.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
They already have their two tackles for the future. Think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion of what Jerry said, he doesn’t even run the he day to day anymore. All three are going to start
I'm not counting on Tyron to serve as a starter very long, since his past has been extremely shaky in that capacity. That, in itself, serves as a caution for the FO to make preparations for tending to that probability. Hopefully, Steele's health might serve him well enough to avoid a repeat of that problem, although it's not something free of risk. We'll see what provisions are made and the results to follow that this FO tends to provide. Hopefully, good fortune is destined to follow the upcoming version of the Cowboys' offensive line. I think adjustments are surely forthcoming.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm not counting on Tyron to serve as a starter very long, since his past has been extremely shaky in that capacity. That, in itself, serves as a caution for the FO to make preparations for tending to that probability. Hopefully, Steele's health might serve him well enough to avoid a repeat of that problem, although it's not something free of risk. We'll see what provisions are made and the results to follow that this FO tends to provide. Hopefully, good fortune is destined to follow the upcoming version of the Cowboys' offensive line. I think adjustments are surely forthcoming.
This should be the last season for Tyron with the Cowboys. They have their two future tackles in place, have to find two future starting guards, where LG is needed sooner. The smart play is to draft one this year so they have a plan in place once Tyron goes down.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Just read that Stephen says it’s very early, but they will play their best 5
I was listening to the mike fisher report and he repeat reported that you are correct. I stand corrected I don’t know what to believe about it. What I mean is did I necessarily agree but that doesn’t matter. I think you got this one right

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I was listening to the mike fisher report and he repeat reported that you are correct. I stand corrected I don’t know what to believe about it. What I mean is did I necessarily agree but that doesn’t matter. I think you got this one right
They will eventually open their hand, but can't see a starting caliber player as a backup. In either case, still expecting a starting caliber Guard to be drafted.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Just listening to the new love at the star podcast, they said no inside knowledge, but feel Tyron Smith is the team's new swing tackle. I don't see it that way, nor have read/heard anything suggesting he is now a backup, but that would create a huge starting need at Left Guard. My opinion, is players don't take pay cuts to sit on the bench, Tyron wouldn't off accepted the deal if he was going to become a backup when he could start elsewhere.
I keep telling people, just listen and wait. Theyll tell you what they're going to go. See how wrong you were.

Like now the draft, I'll say it now taking what jerry said yesterday, 95% they choose Broederick, or O'Cyrus unless Skoronski falls.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I keep telling people, just listen and wait. Theyll tell you what they're going to go. See how wrong you were.

Like now the draft, I'll say it now taking what jerry said yesterday, 95% they choose Broederick, or O'Cyrus unless Skoronski falls.
I normally would agree, but since MM took over, very hard to figure out who they are taking. They do a better job. You mention Broderick, Skoronski they are top 15 picks, heard Torrence may not even get a 30 visit, hearing they like Avilia more at the position.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I normally would agree, but since MM took over, very hard to figure out who they are taking. They do a better job. You mention Broderick, Skoronski they are top 15 picks, heard Torrence may not even get a 30 visit, hearing they like Avilia more at the position.
Unless Stephen or Jerry is saying it, it means nothing. They don't let other people break their news. They do it themselves.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Unless Stephen or Jerry is saying it, it means nothing. They don't let other people break their news. They do it themselves.
Did you see them drafting Tyler Smith or even Parsons the yr before? I knew they had some interest with Tyler at the combine, but I had nothing linking the Cowboys with Parsons at all. In the past, it was easy to figure out who were their targets, much harder now under MM. Appears they are taking bpa more so then they did the past.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Did you see them drafting Tyler Smith or even Parsons the yr before? I knew they had some interest with Tyler at the combine, but I had nothing linking the Cowboys with Parsons at all. In the past, it was easy to figure out who were their targets, much harder now under MM. Appears they are taking bpa more so then they did the past.
Parsons yes. Tyler no.

They had just drafted Diggs and had brown. Comes out Dallas always had Parsons as their guy. CB was media driven.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Parsons yes. Tyler no.

They had just drafted Diggs and had brown. Comes out Dallas always had Parsons as their guy. CB was media driven.
Corner wasn't media driven, the two just went in front of them, they even said it.